December 2018 car rental thread

I am hoping Dollar will have a Thanksgiving weekend sale like they did 2 years ago. Last year they didn't offer anything during that time, but I will be checking Thanksgiving weekend!
It will also be a few weeks before my travel dates, would love to see my rate lowered.

I am hoping Dollar will have a Thanksgiving weekend sale like they did 2 years ago. Last year they didn't offer anything during that time, but I will be checking Thanksgiving weekend!
It will also be a few weeks before my travel dates, would love to see my rate lowered.
I'm sure that every one of us would also love to see our rate lowered!

WooHoo! Just got another $40 off a full size rental 12/8 to 12/16. Now $400! Down from initial booking of almost $700!

Dollar is having a sale today only, 10 day rental 211 for Managers Special, it was another 30 for a full size

I found the Dollar special, but it looks like it isn't valid for my dates 12/22 - 1/1, as the lowest rate came up around $560, way higher than what I'd booked with Costco code.

Today's Dollar special is valid now until 1-31-19.

This morning when I checked nothing beat my $202 rate....then I checked again this afternoon and I booked this

December 10-17
Managers special (they pick the ride)
$198 (saved $4)

I have a minivan booked through Autoslash for 2 weeks Dec 15 - 29th picking up TPA rt MCO for $481 inc taxes. Costco rate was over $800.

The rates for Dollar and Alamo for mid December dropped a bit. I rebooked through Alamo for a $20 difference for the Drive Happy $230 10 days.

Usually when I am doing a reservation price search on Dollar there is no difference in the AAA discount or Union Plus discount.
Over the weekend I again rebooked with the Union Plus discount (we are teamsters) and saved another $3!

Dollar
December 10-17
Managers Special (they pick the ride)
After taxes and Fees $195.21

Rebooked again:

Dollar
December 10-17
Managers Special
AAA Discount
After Taxes and Fees $182

Started this reservation at $221.

It does pay to check often.

My rate dropped significantly today: I have booked with Alamo and other agencies in the past with no problem with any of them, but
on a regular bases Dollar seems to go the lowest for me.

Dollar
December 10-17
Managers Special
AAA Discount
After Taxes and Fees $161.93

Which AAA code are you using?

My rate dropped significantly today: I have booked with Alamo and other agencies in the past with no problem with any of them, but
on a regular bases Dollar seems to go the lowest for me.

Dollar
December 10-17
Managers Special
AAA Discount
After Taxes and Fees $161.93

12/1 weekly rental

full size $166.75

Hertz

AAA rate (find your specific code on the Hertz website)

‘New’ $40 off weekly rental coupon #204609

McMonsters:

On the Dollar home page you can either fill in the fields on the left or click "see specials" further right.
This brought me to a "managers special" page and then I filled in my information with my AAA code: 3000049 in the corporate,
not the promo box.

Hope that helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter