• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**December 2016 Check In!**

How old are your kids? All of our trips will have been this first week in December, we love the decorations and everything, but I do wish we could experience the "sh-boom" song in Cars Land.

My oldest is 6, middle will be just shy of 4 at the time of our trip, and the youngest will have just turned 2 a couple of days before we leave. We haven't told them and won't till a few days before but my oldest has been asking to go for the last year. I'm sure everyone will have a great time, but she is going to lose her little mind when she finds out

We will be at the GCV from 12/8 - 12/13! 4 adults plus Cupcake and we're so excited for our first DVC "Welcome Home!"

Anaheim Hilton dec 6-13. Yay! Getting passes to jam in a lot of 2017 trips! Lots of excuses to go next year. Yay!! Also will be my DH first time seeing DL at Christmas time. :)

Edit** so exited for the trip coming up. We got a fall discount code so I'm happy to say we're splitting our hotel time to half at the DLH

Last edited:
DD and I just booked a quick trip from Dec 19-24, this is our shortest trip to date but we wanted to use our APs one last time. We will be staying at the Tropicana. We love Christmas time at DL and looking forward to experiencing it all over again! :-)

Hey posted in the November but I guess I should post here as well! We're stay 11/29-12/4 at Paradise Pier. So excited to see Christmas and for it to be cold! Living in Australia means shorts and air con for Christmas.

Last edited:

Yay I can be added!

Making a super short trip (already going for 4 days in late October). December 11-13 staying at DLH. Bucket list since the 80's to stay at DLH and to go during Christmas. 25+ trips and I've NEVER gone during the Christmas season.

Hey posted in the November but I guess I should post here as well! We're stay 11/29-12/4 at Paradise Pier. So excited to see Christmas and for it to be cold! Living in Australia means shorts and air con for Christmas.
This makes me laugh.... (hopefully) it's not too cold in December.... coming from the northeast USA I'm looking forward to some warmer days on vacation! (Dec 15) I'm not expecting heat, but planning on something less than down coat weather....

This makes me laugh.... (hopefully) it's not too cold in December.... coming from the northeast USA I'm looking forward to some warmer days on vacation! (Dec 15) I'm not expecting heat, but planning on something less than down coat weather....

Oh I wouldn't worry winter for me is around 46F-70F which looks like to be similar weather to DLR.

Thanks for starting a December thread. Only a couple more weeks before dining reservations open up. I'll be there for one last week before our AP's run out to finish our "Year of Disney". We will be there Dec 3-11 staying at HoJo. It will be myself, DH, DD5 and my parents.

Happy Trip Planning & Counting Down to the rest of you!

We are headed to DLR for our first trip during Christmas from Dec 14-18 and staying at the Hilton.
Thanks Disney for offering us Canucks discounts on park tickets to help out with that darn exchange rate :cool1:

Can't wait to get back to our happy place!

We are coming! December 22nd - 26th. My son's 6th birthday will be our first day in the parks, and we are all first timers (well, technically my husband went as a kid) Its going to be a surprise to my son until we wake up that morning. Lol. We are going to pick him up after school on the 22nd, and tell him that Amazon forgot to ship his birthday present and we have to go pick it up in California hahaha... kinda lame but I know it will work :) He has no CLUE and Im so excited! Using this board to learn everything I can... Im a serial planner and a Disney vacation is new territory for me.

ETA: We are staying at the Anaheim Marriot

We are coming! December 22nd - 26th. My son's 6th birthday will be our first day in the parks, and we are all first timers (well, technically my husband went as a kid) Its going to be a surprise to my son until we wake up that morning. Lol. We are going to pick him up after school on the 22nd, and tell him that Amazon forgot to ship his birthday present and we have to go pick it up in California hahaha... kinda lame but I know it will work :) He has no CLUE and Im so excited! Using this board to learn everything I can... Im a serial planner and a Disney vacation is new territory for me.

ETA: We are staying at the Anaheim Marriot

How exciting! We surprised our daughter for her 12th birthday and now it turned into a yearly Mother/Daughter trip for us and sometimes more times than that .. this year, we are working on our 4th trip since we got APs. Crazy since we are from Canada :D Happy Planning!

We are heading to Disneyland in December from the 11-15! Staying at the Disneyland hotel! Originally were planned to go in November and stay off property but 40% off of our room is too good to pass up!

How exciting! We surprised our daughter for her 12th birthday and now it turned into a yearly Mother/Daughter trip for us and sometimes more times than that .. this year, we are working on our 4th trip since we got APs. Crazy since we are from Canada :D Happy Planning!

That is crazy!!! We are only in Arizona and its our first time going! We tried to take my son in February as his last time being spoiled as an only child, and when we asked him, he said he didn't want to go without his baby sister!! Being 8 months pregnant I happy cried like a crazy person LOL... but now we have baby sister with us and its going to be a blast!!!! She's only 5 months old now, but she hangs on to her Minnie plush for dear life and chews on her face. Lol we joke that when she sees Minnie in real life she's going to latch on the cm's face and they're going to kick us out hahahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter