• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2015 Check-In Thread

Tyggress

Mouseketeer
Hey All~!

I realize there is a holiday thread, where we are all dissecting all of the holiday plans and figuring out what we want to do (myself included!):chat:; but it's hard to determine who is actually going to the DLR for the holidays this year....so here is an official check-in thread for December~ :welcome:

As for me....I will be there from Dec. 10th - 13th, as a surprise trip for DH's birthday! :cake:
He has no idea whatsoever...he knows I've planned a weekend trip, but he doesn't know where to. And the best part? I scored a Studio DVC rental at the GCH for the trip. pixiedust:We were at DLR in mid-September, and DH mentioned more than once how awesome it would be to stay at the GCH "someday"...I just smiled to myself! :rolleyes1 Little does he know, that "someday" is coming sooner than he thinks!

So....who else has December DLR plans? I'll start the list of who, when and where you're all staying, then update regularly.

Last edited:
CateinPhoenix: 11/27 - 12/1, BW Stovall's
rentayenta: 11/27 - 12/6
puss: 11/28 - 12/4, Ramada Maingate/Desert Inn
dedesmith32: 11/28 - 12/5, PPH
mgmgbook: 11/29 - 12/4, HoJo's
ladywebby: 11/29 - 12/5, CCI
209Disney: 11/30 - 12/2
backinoz: 11/30 - 12/4, Ramada Maingate
ThumperWabbt: 11/30 - 12/5
mividadisney: 1 - 4, GCH
Pokeberry: 1 - 6, Desert Palms
valiamo: 1 - 8, FFI or Anaheim Marriott
MamaChelle: 1 - 11, Desert Inn
Luisa: 2 - 5, BWPPI
princesszelda: 2 - 6, BWPPI
Kittyskyfish: 2 - 10, FFI
flyingdumbo127: 3 - 7, CCI
disneymum58: 3 - 7, BWPPI or PPH
Tink1987: 3 - 7, Sheraton Park
JadeDarkstar: 3 - 10, BWPPI
Kauai4life: 3 - 10, Desert Inn/DLH
Malcon10t: 4 - 7, DLH
BritBrit: 4 - 7, GCH
tiggeroo42: 4 - 8, PPH
OregonDisneyGirl: 5 - 9, GCH
peanutmomma: 5 - 9, DLH
lvdis: 5 - 10, Tropicana Inn
jenshell75: 5 - 10, Wyndham Dolphin Cove
motor58: 5 - 11, GCH
astylla: 5 - 12, Red Lion
TangledMama: 5 - 12, GCH
MVC1225: 5 - 12, PVI
Mickeyflower: 6 - 10, PPH
lulugirl1968: 6 - 11, Homewood Suites
ilovelucydog: 6 - 12, GCH
JennyN: 6 - 12, FFI
DizMe: 7 - 10, GCH
JenEMT: 7 - 11, PPH
millie01312: 8 - 16, GCH
Lost Girl: 9 - 12, DLH
KalamityJane: 9 - 16, PVI
Girimama33: 10 - 12
Tyggress: 10 - 13, VGC
lalasmama: 10 - 13, Tropicana Inn
goofyfordisney: 10 - 13, BWPPI
mommamonster: 10 - 14, GCH
michellelovesthemous: 10 - 15, BWPPI
ishbit92: 11 - 12, 19th, Anaheim Islander
RAPstar: 11 - 14, DLH
Satchmo128: 11 - 15, FFI
PanIsMine: 11 - 16, PPH/GCH
Beck & the Beast: 12 - 19, HoJo's
cdatkins: 13 - 15, PVI
MarcV: 13 - 17, DLH
Meriweather: 13 - 18, VGC
Sdchickie: 13 - 18, Quality Inn
TrySomethingNew: 14 - 17, DLH
OhioStateBuckeye: 15 - 18, GCH
Lucysmom2: 17 - 23, GCH
Kiwiprincess : 17 - 26, Carousel Inn
Delilah Bleu: 18 - 20, PPH
Heymy: 18 - 21, Carousel Inn
rivendellfamily: 18 - 22
Malcon10t: 18 - January 3, DLH
Canadiantinkerfairy: 19 - 23
twinky: 19 - 24, GCH
Stacy O: 22 - 27
backinoz: 23 - 26, Ramada Maingate
Disney127: 23 - January 3, BWPPI
Feej: 23 - January 3, GCH
adSimba: 24 - 30, BW Courtesy Inn
Gyoza Dog: 25 - January 8, PPH
707MickeyGirl: 26 - January 3 CCI
Chanel: 26 - January 9
ajrwdwgirl: 29 - January 2, BW Stovall's
taniahappy: 30 - January 2

Last edited:
Ilovelucydog: December 6-12 GCH

First time at GCH! It's our 20th anniversary trip, so WHY NOT??? We are taking our 8 year old daughter with us as well! Can't wait!

Dec. 5-12th - Red Lion Hotel . Was doing a PPH/GCH split stay but just booked a ridiculous rate of $848 for SEVEN NIGHTS w/Breakfast at Red Lion :)
Napa Rose Chef Counter , Holiday Tour , Trader Sam's here I come !

Dec. 5-12th - Red Lion Hotel . Was doing a PPH/GCH split stay but just booked a ridiculous rate of $848 for SEVEN NIGHTS w/Breakfast at Red Lion :)
Napa Rose Chef Counter , Holiday Tour , Trader Sam's here I come !
I remember you were looking to split your stay (and even do all 3 resort hotels?)...but dang, for that rate, I'd do Red Lion too! (Except I've already paid for ours at this point! LOL)

Best western park place inn - Arrive Dec 3 erd- Dec 10th. In park 4,5,6 off 7th in park 8'9 home 10th.

I remember you were looking to split your stay (and even do all 3 resort hotels?)...but dang, for that rate, I'd do Red Lion too! (Except I've already paid for ours at this point! LOL)

OMG don't get me started LOL. I was going back and forth and recently was PPH Theme Park CL 5th - 7th , then GCH woods/CY 7th - 9th then PPH Standard CL 9th - 12th but today Orbitz had a 24 hour sale and for a premium 2 queen room at Red Lion with breakfast and it was $848 after tax..I was paying $745 for TWO nights at GCH and was running us around $2900 for 7 nights - that was with good discounts..it just made more sense for now

As much as I LOVE staying on site I just felt this was the right thing to jump on. The big 3 aren't going anywhere :)
I'm thinking we'll take the savings and maybe plan a deluxe WDW trip next year sometime instead since we aren't renewing our AP's due to construction.
For what we saved we now are going down for Thanksgiving also ! I reserved the Disneyland Feast and it sounds awesome.

I'm such an over planner but it keeps me sane..I love a good deal and since Toy Story lot is so close I plan to take advantage.

I have walked to the resorts from Toy Story Lot before (stopped to meet friends at Tony Roma's for dinner first)...and passed Red Lion on the way. Red Lion is totally walkable...unless you have little kiddos! IN which case, I'd take a bus to Toy Story and walk right next door to Red Lion! :thumbsup2

OMG don't get me started LOL. I was going back and forth and recently was PPH Theme Park CL 5th - 7th , then GCH woods/CY 7th - 9th then PPH Standard CL 9th - 12th but today Orbitz had a 24 hour sale and for a premium 2 queen room at Red Lion with breakfast and it was $848 after tax..I was paying $745 for TWO nights at GCH and was running us around $2900 for 7 nights - that was with good discounts..it just made more sense for now

As much as I LOVE staying on site I just felt this was the right thing to jump on. The big 3 aren't going anywhere :)
I'm thinking we'll take the savings and maybe plan a deluxe WDW trip next year sometime instead since we aren't renewing our AP's due to construction.
For what we saved we now are going down for Thanksgiving also ! I reserved the Disneyland Feast and it sounds awesome.

I'm such an over planner but it keeps me sane..I love a good deal and since Toy Story lot is so close I plan to take advantage.

That's awesome!! I'm in a similar situation. I got a rate of $89 at Carousel...so about $300 for our stay. I also got a Disney Visa 20% off rate at GCH for $1300. Hmmm...$1000 more is a lot of money for me right now! Actually, I'd be splitting it with my sister so it's more like $500 over what I'd pay at Carousel. I think it's worth it most of the time, but...!

That's awesome!! I'm in a similar situation. I got a rate of $89 at Carousel...so about $300 for our stay. I also got a Disney Visa 20% off rate at GCH for $1300. Hmmm...$1000 more is a lot of money for me right now! Actually, I'd be splitting it with my sister so it's more like $500 over what I'd pay at Carousel. I think it's worth it most of the time, but...!

It's definitely a great d3al, I'd personally totally take the Carousel rate that's so good too!! It came down to.. What can I get right now during a week long trip for that.. It's pros and cons and why when I book on site it's always directly or Orbitz with free cancellation JUST IN CASE.

Another consideration was since we are flying we won't have parking fees. I'm okay with the resort fees and come to expect them, but hate paying both.

We were going to skip Napa Rose Chef Counter, but that's back on, we have to do the holiday tour ( LOVED the Halloween tour this year), a night at Trader Sam's and maybe a new DB purse for me lol.

So many possibilities! If the Jungle Cruise breakfast was going during our dates I would totally do it lol. I think I'll keep my next on site stay during Dapper Days :)

Will probably do one or a couple of 1-nighters in December before (which we love so much) but the big one is Dec 30 - Jan 2

Thanks for starting this thread!

We will be staying at BWPPI from Dec 23 - Jan 3. Can't wait to see all the holiday decorations again! And spending Christmas and New Year's at DL will be pretty special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter