December 2013: We just booked!

I encountered a Catch-22 with my plans yesterday. Originally, I had planned for my family to eat a Coral Reef lunch on Dec. 2nd and think about doing the standby line for the Candlelight Processional. I was banking on the lines being pretty light since it's a weekday and the narrator was TBA.
Then I discovered Neil Patrick Harris would be the guest.....Clearly that plan wasn't going to work anymore. :rotfl2: I've read TRs where people begin lining up at 1 o'clock for his shows.
So, I had to switch my Coral Reef lunch to a CP package. I am excited that I get to see the CP again, because I love it, but I'm worries it'll be a waste of money for me. I'll have an 8 month old, who I know won't last until IllumiNations and might not even sit through the entire show.
Ah, well, guess I'll just have to wait and see, but a part of me is still going, "Why'd NPH have to be there the night I'm in Epcot?!" :lmao:

I kind of feel the same way about Patrick Neal Harris. We will be in WDW while he is there, but Dec 2nd is our BOG reservation and Dec 3rd we plan to be at the WL for dinner which means were won't be in Epcot those nights. We'll be at Epcot on Dec 1st at Via Napoli, but I booked a regular dinner, not a CP package. Maybe the whole thing will work out fine, since everyone will wait until Dec 2nd to see PNH and we'll be able to get in on stand by to see whoever is on Dec 1st. :goodvibes

It is exciting to have the Candlelight Processional with the big name stars going on while we're there. Maybe we'll catch a peak of them somewhere. :)

It is exciting to have the Candlelight Processional with the big name stars going on while we're there. Maybe we'll catch a peak of them somewhere. :)

Never rule the possibility out. When I was at WDW in 2010 (Dec. 17-21) Trace Adkins was doing the CP that night. My DH and I were in Hollywood Studios, and I ran into him in the gift shop of Rock N Roller Coaster. :lmao: I believe him and his wife were waiting on their daughter to buy something, but it took me by surprise.

Hi...Im not sure if there is one, how do i find out if there is a photopass share for December? Would it be here or in a separate forum??...thanks!

Hi...Im not sure if there is one, how do i find out if there is a photopass share for December? Would it be here or in a separate forum??...thanks!

You should ask over on the group's FB page (you can't organize a photopass share on the Dis).

:)

Us too!!!! Dec. 13-16 for us. DD7th birthday on Dec. 15. She doesn't know about the trip yet though. Hope your daughter has a fab time! pixiedust:

We are going Dec 13-18 and DD's 5th birthday is on the 15th as well so we will be celebrating at the same time :thumbsup2

Us too!!!! Dec. 13-16 for us. DD7th birthday on Dec. 15. She doesn't know about the trip yet though. Hope your daughter has a fab time! pixiedust:

Mine does! We go every couple of months. My DS birthday is in November and we took him for his 7th birthday two years ago. My daughter got so jealous of all the special attention he received during that trip. She kept asking to go for her birthday the next month. So, I told her she could be there for her 7th birthday just like her brother. She did not forget. She started in May telling me that her seventh birthday was coming up lol. I hope your family has a wonderful time! The holidays at WDW are so beautiful!

We are going Dec 13-18 and DD's 5th birthday is on the 15th as well so we will be celebrating at the same time :thumbsup2

We are going to MVMCP for the first time on the 15th and we are going to Cinderella Castle for lunch on that day as well. Can't wait to experience Disney in December! :banana:

Are you doing anything extra special that day for your daughter? Who am I kidding.....going to Disney for your actual birthday should be special enough. :rotfl2:

Mine does! We go every couple of months. My DS birthday is in November and we took him for his 7th birthday two years ago. My daughter got so jealous of all the special attention he received during that trip. She kept asking to go for her birthday the next month. So, I told her she could be there for her 7th birthday just like her brother. She did not forget. She started in May telling me that her seventh birthday was coming up lol. I hope your family has a wonderful time! The holidays at WDW are so beautiful!

We are actually going to Disney in October as well for my son's 10th birthday. My kids know about that trip, but not the December one.

I've gone a bit crazy this year. We are going in August, October and December and we live in Toronto! :woohoo:

I know I'm jumping the gun on joining this thread since we haven't booked yet but the husband and I just decided last night to go December 8th to the 16th! We are going to within the next few days. Hopefully Port Orleans French Quarter will have room for us cause that's where we want to stay.

I've already booked all of our dining! lol

We love Disney during the holidays. Can't wait! pixiedust:

I know I'm jumping the gun on joining this thread since we haven't booked yet but the husband and I just decided last night to go December 8th to the 16th! We are going to within the next few days. Hopefully Port Orleans French Quarter will have room for us cause that's where we want to stay.

There is no such thing as jumping the gun when it comes to Disney planning. At least you know which resort you would like to stay at. We've already switched our resort reservation four times for our December trip. :thumbsup2

I'm going to join this thread even though we aren't 100% sure yet. We are hoping to go the first week of December! Keep your fingers crossed we can swing it.

I'm going to join this thread even though we aren't 100% sure yet. We are hoping to go the first week of December! Keep your fingers crossed we can swing it.

My fingers are crossed and you are in my prayers that it works out for you.

We stayed at POFQ our last trip and loved it. I hope you get the opportunity to stay. We will be at Disney the 7th - 15th but not at that resort. We went a few years ago for our first holiday season trip during Thanksgiving Week and had such an amazing time. We will see CP and Osbourne Lights for the second time but it will be our first MVMCP. We will also resort hop again to see all of the decorations. One thing not holiday related we are doing for the first time is afternoon tea in the Garden View Tea Room at GF. Also, our one day away from Disney is at SW and we look forward to Sea World Christmas which we did not get to experience our last trip except for Polar Express since we did not know about the special evening shows and had booked our CP for that evening and it was our last night of the trip. December can't get here fast enough.

We are actually going to Disney in October as well for my son's 10th birthday. My kids know about that trip, but not the December one.

I've gone a bit crazy this year. We are going in August, October and December and we live in Toronto! :woohoo:

Sounds like fun! I am trying to swing in a trip around the end of Sept./early Oct. I love the MNSSHP. We went last year and I would love to do it again.

For my DD birthday she picked the hotel. She loves Little Mermaid so we are staying at AoA. She is also doing the BBB the morning that we are going to MK and then that night she will be eating at Cinderella's Royal Table. Oh, and doing MVMCP hopefully that Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter