December 2013 Check in Thread Post your travel dates and hotel here

Traveling to the DL area on the 21st and leaving on the 26th before the craiziness sets in.

Staying at HoJos on points for one night then moving to the DLH for the remainder. Beside saving a little money, it allows us to surprise the boys with the DLH stay during the trip.

Going to DLR with my adult son and teenage daughter for our second holiday visit. Last year was our very first DLR trip ever, and we loved it so much we want a repeat. We are staying at the GCH from December 18th through the 23rd. Maybe I will get one of those candy canes this time!

lucysmom said:
Going to DLR with my adult son and teenage daughter for our second holiday visit. Last year was our very first DLR trip ever, and we loved it so much we want a repeat. We are staying at the GCH from December 18th through the 23rd. Maybe I will get one of those candy canes this time!
I will miss them again. Ugh. That's the only problem going for Christmas, candy cane time is over.

Oh, I've been to DL and DCA plenty of times for the Christmas season. And pretty much every other season. This is just the first times the Mooselets will be going during the Christmas season. I've seen DLR at Christmas, I just haven't seen my kids see DLR at Christmas. Definitely looking forward to that.

Gotcha. It will be extra magical for you then with the added enjoyment of seeing your Mooselets' first DLR Christmas! How very especial.

WDW vet going to DL for the second time for me (although first time was a one day trip in 2003 to DL only so it barely should count) and first time for my girlfriend (Sashafarce on these boards).

We are going December 11-December 16 and staying at Dessert Inn and Suites. We are super excited!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Merry Christmas!!!! We'll be there December 22nd through the 29th at the PPH! We love being there during Christmas week!:)

funatdisney said:
....Summer can't end fast enough for me!...
Hey, slow down there. Don't go rushing summer through! I go back to school in August, I'd like.ti enjoy the data, slowly, between now and then. Lol. Besides, it is sort of nice having my littles home. Winter will be here before we know it, but stop and enjoy the sounds and smells of summer, now, while you can.

Welcome to all to the December Check In thread!

My son (9) and me will be there from 12/24 to 1/4, yup that is right 12 days!!!!! We are staying at the best western park place inn and suites. And we have APs so every day can be a Disney day if we so desire :)

12 days! Well I say: "No vacation is too long at Disneyland!" Especially for Christmas. You will need the extra days during the busiest times of the year for DLR.

We will be there 12/24 thru 12/28. Family of 4 - DH, DW, DD9 and DD will turn 12 (she's a Xmas baby). Staying at GCH. Still trying to convince the rest of the families to break tradition and head to DL.

I am sure your DD will love to celebrate her birthday at Disneyland. I couldn't think of a better place, especially at the Grand Californian Hotel.

Traveling to the DL area on the 21st and leaving on the 26th before the craiziness sets in.

Staying at HoJos on points for one night then moving to the DLH for the remainder. Beside saving a little money, it allows us to surprise the boys with the DLH stay during the trip.

What a great plan to add to your Christmas Holiday. Your boys will be so excited when they find out they are heading to DHL.

Warning: you can get addicted to spending the Holidays at DLR. Well I think it is the best kind of addiction. :) I'll keep my fingers crossed on getting the candy canes. I have never bought them myself, but I did see them made at the Candy Palace. One of my favorite memories of DLR.

funatdisney said:
Warning: you can get addicted to spending the Holidays at DLR. Well I think it is the best kind of addiction. :) ....
Yes, look out for the addiction. Christmas at Disneyland is like no other magic I've ever experienced. My family are my co-dependents...

Hi Liza,
I'll be there with my family celebrating our sons' graduation from college! December 15-22 Villas at the Grand Californian Hotel

We are still bummed that Disney has discontinued extending the 5-day park hopper tickets. Debating if we'll all get Delux APs (12/21 is a block out date) or if we will be cheating on the mouse and going to Universal Studios on the 21st. Both are cha-ching options.

Oh decisions.

TK

Happy to see all the new additions! All of you have been added to the list of fellow travelers.

WDW vet going to DL for the second time for me (although first time was a one day trip in 2003 to DL only so it barely should count) and first time for my girlfriend (Sashafarce on these boards).

We are going December 11-December 16 and staying at Dessert Inn and Suites. We are super excited!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Welcome! Did you want me to add Sashafarce with you? I will be happy to.

Merry Christmas!!!! We'll be there December 22nd through the 29th at the PPH! We love being there during Christmas week!:)

I stayed at a two bed room at the VGC during Christmas week a couple years back. I found it wasn't all that bad, but I don't need to do the rides. I ride them on my monthly visits to DLR. I did love submerging myself in the Christmas decor and Holiday Spirit that DLR is famous for. I bet you do, too.

Hi Liza,
I'll be there with my family celebrating our sons' graduation from college! December 15-22 Villas at the Grand Californian Hotel

We are still bummed that Disney has discontinued extending the 5-day park hopper tickets. Debating if we'll all get Delux APs (12/21 is a block out date) or if we will be cheating on the mouse and going to Universal Studios on the 21st. Both are cha-ching options.

Oh decisions.

TK

Howdy neighbor! A son graduating from college! How special! I have a while for that, but will be celebrating DD's high school graduation next year. Have one more after that. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel and it's not a train! hee hee

That is a tough decision between choosing APs or going to Universal Studios for that block out day. I don't envy you there. Either one is a good option.

December 7th - 12th :

Arrive Dec. 7th at Anaheim Plaza Inn

Check into Disneyland Hotel ( our first time on property!!)
on Dec 8th - checkout Dec. 12th.

So excited ! :banana:

The list is growing! I love seeing that!

Just a note; if you find I have posted a wrong date or hotel, please feel free to post a correction. I won't take it personally. Accurate information is important to me and I have pretty thick skin.

Also, I welcome comments. What plans are you making for your trips? Going on a Holiday Tour? Booking a special Holiday meal?

And don't forget the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3 for researching and Holiday trip planning info. You can find it here

The list is growing! I love seeing that!

Just a note; if you find I have posted a wrong date or hotel, please feel free to post a correction. I won't take it personally. Accurate information is important to me and I have pretty thick skin.

Also, I welcome comments. What plans are you making for your trips? Going on a Holiday Tour? Booking a special Holiday meal?

And don't forget the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3 for researching and Holiday trip planning info. You can find it here

We leave DLH on the 26th, not the 28th. :rolleyes1

I'm really looking forward to some conversation on various holiday meals for the 24th and 25th. I figure whatever we do we'll be booking up early, at the 60 day mark, for those two evening meals. At this point though, I'm not even sure what they offer above and beyond the standard restaurant fare.

We'll be there Dec 15-18. We get to attend our niece's wedding on the 19th in Sacramento so I couldn't resist working in a DL and DCA trip too. This will be our 2nd time and first for the holiday's. We went last summer and were lucky enough to be there for the opening day of Cars Land on June 15. We've heard great things about holiday time in the parks, very excited! Staying at Ramada Maingate.

Thanks for the plug, Liza.:goodvibes

The Superthread is for research, planning and, most of all, discussion of all the seasonal news, etc. The big Theme Week Countdown is coming soon. The only thing we don't do in the Superthread is compile the Check-In list of who is going and when -- which is why you have this thread!:cool1:

I'm really looking forward to some conversation on various holiday meals for the 24th and 25th. I figure whatever we do we'll be booking up early, at the 60 day mark, for those two evening meals. At this point though, I'm not even sure what they offer above and beyond the standard restaurant fare.

DarthMole -- In the Superthread, on Page 1 in one of the first few posts, I included a link to last year's holiday DIS Unplugged Call-In show (in which I and the Unplugged team broke down the seasonal merriment and tackled commonly asked questions).

During that show, Nancy of the Unplugged team ran through many holiday meal options. You should give it a listen because the info is there!

ETA: From the very top of Post #3 on Page 1 of the Superthread, here is the link to the Unplugged Call-In Show from 12/6 last year, in which Nancy goes over a lot of the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day meal options.

My group of 15 will be there from December 7th thru the 14th. We are staying at DI&S (well, we are all staying there as of now. BFF is kind of a hotel snob and is still trying to talk her hubby into something nicer. My family of 9 will not be paying more to upgrade.) Can't wait for snow on main street!

Thanks for the plug, Liza.:goodvibes

The Superthread is for research, planning and, most of all, discussion of all the seasonal news, etc. The big Theme Week Countdown is coming soon. The only thing we don't do in the Superthread is compile the Check-In list of who is going and when -- which is why you have this thread!:cool1:

DarthMole -- In the Superthread, on Page 1 in one of the first few posts, I included a link to last year's holiday DIS Unplugged Call-In show (in which I and the Unplugged team broke down the seasonal merriment and tackled commonly asked questions).

During that show, Nancy of the Unplugged team ran through many holiday meal options. You should give it a listen because the info is there!

ETA: From the very top of Post #3 on Page 1 of the Superthread, here is the link to the Unplugged Call-In Show from 12/6 last year, in which Nancy goes over a lot of the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day meal options.

Thanks a bunch. I'm more of a reader but will certainly have to give this a listen.

BTW - Superthread is Awesome. Read a bunch of it when we first booked our trip and try to keep up with new posts as they happen.

We leave DLH on the 26th, not the 28th. :rolleyes1

Thanks for telling me. Info has been happily corrected. :)

December 7th - 12th :

Arrive Dec. 7th at Anaheim Plaza Inn

Check into Disneyland Hotel ( our first time on property!!)
on Dec 8th - checkout Dec. 12th.

So excited ! :banana:

Welcome! You will love staying on Disney property especially during this time of the year.

We'll be there Dec 15-18. We get to attend our niece's wedding on the 19th in Sacramento so I couldn't resist working in a DL and DCA trip too. This will be our 2nd time and first for the holiday's. We went last summer and were lucky enough to be there for the opening day of Cars Land on June 15. We've heard great things about holiday time in the parks, very excited! Staying at Ramada Maingate.

Welcome! Sounds like a wise decision to add a trip to DLR if you are already in on the West Coast. Disney folks are so smart!

My group of 15 will be there from December 7th thru the 14th. We are staying at DI&S (well, we are all staying there as of now. BFF is kind of a hotel snob and is still trying to talk her hubby into something nicer. My family of 9 will not be paying more to upgrade.) Can't wait for snow on main street!

And "Welcome!" to you, too. Did you mean Desert Inn & Suites? I added Desert Inn & Suites for you hotel. If it is not, I will be sure to correct it.

I really need to add a vacation ticker for this trip. Getting to it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter