**December 2012 Roll Call** Holidays, FLE Opening & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, she LOVED meeting all the characters you can just tell by her wittle face!

Priceless! How adorable. Thanks for sharing your pics! I want to share some soon, but don't have them w/me right now. We finally decided to go on the air balloon at DTS last trip, and it wasn't running because of the weather. It looks like so much fun! Great pic.

Any creative suggestions would be welcomed!!! Thank you!!! :santa:

How fun and lucky for you and the kids! I just couldn't pull it off. Not creative, and they would probably guess in a minute, but do you have Mickey ears, or hats that you could put on at the last minute in the car, and some Disney music that you could play in the car? I have the Wishes CD, and when we start planning a trip, I start playing it on the way to drop my daughter off at school. It's a great way to start the day, and keeps me happy in traffic.

We'll be neighbors, we're at BWV Dec 9-15! I swapped points to reserve it at the 11 month mark, but apparently could have just used my own points. Oh well. I really didn't want to risk it since my home resort wasn't a 'back up' option. Hope your waitlist comes through! We'll be in BLT the week before, it looks lovely.

Oh awesome, if we don't get to change at least it would be great to know fellow dISers are in the same building!!! :goodvibes Thanks for hoping my Waitlist comes throught

Ok I said I would add a picture... this is my favorite from our day at MK a week before DD turned 1. Riding IASW

FlordiaVacation2011004.jpg

Seeing the castle changing to a gingerbread house was part of the Magic Memories and You show. That was available on all nights, not just party nights.

Well that confirms it. We are DEFINITELY not buying tickets this year! Thanks for the info!!

Welcome! I added you to the Roll Call. What a nice long trip you have planned! I am jealous. Have you considered a split stay?

I have and we probably will if a Free Dining offer comes out for the first part...then after that we'll head to AoA...but we're waiting and seeing...

We had a horrible transfer on our last trip...from ASMo to CBR where we basically lost a majority of a day becasue our CBR room wasn't ready until well after it was supposed to be and our luggage did not arrive until well after that and with a lot of tracking it down. We were very late for our California Grill ADR that night and luckily they still seated us...but that was the first time i was about in tears at Disney World. It was really frustrating!

But then we went from CBR to YC for our last night (which was a mistake becasue we absolutely loved it and we cannot afford to love it!!!) and the transfer went smoothly.

And we have transferred before too and not had much problem so I guess what I am trying to say with this long dragged out explanation is...

...WE HAVE! :rotfl2:

Well that confirms it. We are DEFINITELY not buying tickets this year! Thanks for the info!!

There's no guarantee that they will still have the gingerbread house this year, as they seem to update this awesome show fairly frequently. But whatever it is on party nights should be the same as non-party nights.

Maybe this will get you through while you wait. FWIW..... I absolutely loved :love: the gingerbread house too:

IMG_8881 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

There's no guarantee that they will still have the gingerbread house this year, as they seem to update this awesome show fairly frequently. But whatever it is on party nights should be the same as non-party nights.

Maybe this will get you through while you wait. FWIW..... I absolutely loved :love: the gingerbread house too:

WOW, THAT'S COOL!!!! ::yes:: Thanks for sharing your pic, I hope we get to see it like that this year during the NYE celebration! :cool1:

I need some help!!! We are surprising our kids (ages 6 and 13) with our trip to Disney as part of their Christmas present. They get out of school at noon on December 14th and we are need suggestions on how to actually let them know where we are going. :

I love surprises like this! You could print a picture of something that was particularly special to your kids from your last trip (Castle, Mickey Ears, a character, etc) and frame it. Place in it a box with a special note telling them about the trip, and cover it in lots of colorful tissue paper. Wrap the box and place inside a shipping box and seal. Most kids love receiving packages so this is an easy way to surprise them.

Piñatas are also fun. I have rolled up a t shirt with an appropriate design and wrapped a note or poem about the trip around it and tied with a ribbon. Place the shirt(s) inside a piñata and put the piñata where they will find it.

No matter how you tell them it will be a wonderful surprise!

That is amazing! Thank you for sharing the photo:)

Hello! We're booked at WL from Dec 2-7 and I read that MVMCP will be on December 2, 4, 6, 7. Does that mean that we'll only be able to go see fireworks and the dream lights on the 3rd and 5th at Magic Kingdom?? Are the fireworks and lights the same as MVMCP and non-MVMCP nights?

Heads up... Josh, who runs EastWDW, predicts that the December calender (for the Disney travel agency site---link on my 2nd post) will be updated either tomorrow or Friday. November went live on 11/16, so looks like we can start firming up plans soon! yay!!

WOW, THAT'S COOL!!!! ::yes:: Thanks for sharing your pic, I hope we get to see it like that this year during the NYE celebration! :cool1:

That is amazing! Thank you for sharing the photo:)

Glad you enjoyed the photo. I'd love to see the gingerbread house again, but would honestly love to see whatever other versions of this show they put together. It was really an amazing show!

Hello! We're booked at WL from Dec 2-7 and I read that MVMCP will be on December 2, 4, 6, 7. Does that mean that we'll only be able to go see fireworks and the dream lights on the 3rd and 5th at Magic Kingdom?? Are the fireworks and lights the same as MVMCP and non-MVMCP nights?

Welcome!! On non party nights, the castle is still lit up with all the dream lights. Wishes will be the fireworks show. During MVMCP, a special Holidays Wishes and Christmas parade occurs.

The castle lights go on every night, party or not. It usually happens at dusk. Regular Wishes is on non party nights, Holiday Wishes on party nights. HTH

Argh! EMH's are totally messing me up. (We are offsite guests).

I'm thinking:

12/8: AK (the park we were going to skip), and do a pre-park opening Tusker House ADR. They close so early, maybe we could get a park hopper for this day and hop to DHS for the Osbourne Lights.

12/9: DD's birthday. Do an early BBB appointment at the castle, then make this an MK day. Do a CRT dinner ADR around 6:30 or so. We will not do MVMCP this night, so we'll just call it a night after this.

12/10: Ok, pretty much after 12/9 I'm completely confused. We want to do the Christmas party, but not on Friday. We are also going to IoA, either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd like to avoid a park that has EMH, but I could buy park hoppers if need be, if that saves my sanity. I was thinking that we could do World Showcase on the day following MVMCP, to allow us a late start.

Anybody want to help with my planning once you're done with yours? LOL :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter