December 2008 Code Watch

OK gotta a question before we put down our deposits....I have a quote from AAA for Dec 5-10, 2008. Of course it beat rack rates by $257. Now if we know we want regular dining and a 5-day park ticket (no hopper), should I book a package now or just a room and wait to add the package? Is there an advantage to doing that in terms of getting a better rate? For example should something (a code?) come up in late August for Dec 2008. Thanks!:goodvibes

OK gotta a question before we put down our deposits....I have a quote from AAA for Dec 5-10, 2008. Of course it beat rack rates by $257. Now if we know we want regular dining and a 5-day park ticket (no hopper), should I book a package now or just a room and wait to add the package? Is there an advantage to doing that in terms of getting a better rate? For example should something (a code?) come up in late August for Dec 2008. Thanks!:goodvibes

If you are 100% sure you want the dining then go ahead and book the package. If a code for packages comes out you can simply apply that to your reservation in place of the AAA code.

If you are simply looking for a code of any kind then a room only is probably your best bet. You can always turn it into a package later on.

Hope that made sense. :confused3

I have a question.
I am not a AAA member, if i book a room, but then get a AAA membership, can i apply for that discount, or do i have to redo the entire reservation through AAA?

I have a question.
I am not a AAA member, if i book a room, but then get a AAA membership, can i apply for that discount, or do i have to redo the entire reservation through AAA?

It depends on what kind of reservation you are making. If you are booking a package and want the AAA discount then you have to book directly through AAA. If you are making a room only reservation then you can apply the AAA discount to your room on your own by calling up CRO. Of course a AAA membership does not guarantee a discount as they only have limited rooms available with the discount so the earlier you book the more likely you are to get the room you want with a discount.

can I book thru AAA
if I buy the basic membership?
like $46.00 or something like that:surfweb:

Hi all- I'm suscribing...I think (90%) we are going 12/21-27th-VWL or WL...We are DVC members and I am so out of points it is not funny. So I will need at least 1 night as a cash ressie(which I can do through DVC) or put most of the ressie on an AP discount(esp the 21-23rd part). Does anyone have a rough idea what the AP discount(or Disney visa) rate was for wl for the 21,22 or 23 of this year?
I haven't totally rulled out a full WL(cash) reservations since we might be driving, and that would save a ton of cashola!!!

Melissa, what I did was book a room only through Disney directly at the AAA-rate. This way I saved over $400,- for 14 nights at a moderate resort. Why I did it this way? I want to be on top of things myself and be able to make changes when wanting to.

If a better code gets out, I'll just call Disney and apply that (if available), if not; well at least I've got the AAA-discount. I didn't buy me any parktickets yet, as that would mean I couldn't change to a package discount later on. Neurotic me doesn't want to run the risk of a better discount running out of availability for room only but still being available for a package.

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Well, after planning for 4 months, DH cancelled my Disney trip for Dec 2008. I was going with a friend and her two daughters. :sad2: I just wanted to explain cause I am dropping out of this thread. popcorn:: Enjoy your trips everyone!!! I will have to live vicariously through you!!! :goodvibes

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: Well, after planning for 4 months, DH cancelled my Disney trip for Dec 2008. I was going with a friend and her two daughters. :sad2: I just wanted to explain cause I am dropping out of this thread. popcorn:: Enjoy your trips everyone!!! I will have to live vicariously through you!!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear that, what a bummer.:sad2:

thanks for the tip!
I am going to get a AAA card now
and book for Dec!

I can't wait

I am checking daily and hoping i get an code via email or post card!
would like to add disney dining plan too!

Which weeks in December is the best to get codes??? Looking to go in December of 2008... thanks for the info!

Subscribing.

Also, is it just me or are the AAA rates high? I'm looking at Dec. 14-19 at the Swan and they're substantially higher than previous years.

I'm new to the Disney planning experience, so maybe I'm missing out on something but have been reading about our trip for a year or so now.

Do you put the AAA number in if you make your reservation online? or do you have to call to have it applied?

One other question about AAA
if i book room only using the AAA discount, do I just buy my park tickets separate, or do I add them on later and it becomes a package then do I lose the AAA discount?
We know we just want room and tickets, no DDP.

One other question about AAA
if i book room only using the AAA discount, do I just buy my park tickets separate, or do I add them on later and it becomes a package then do I lose the AAA discount?
We know we just want room and tickets, no DDP.

If you want a package (room/tickets) with a AAA discount you will need to book that with a AAA travel agent. However you can make a room only reservation with a AAA discount directly with Disney but you will need to buy the tickets seperately, if you book a package straight through Disney you will not get the AAA discount. Make sense? If you make the room only reservation you will need to buy your tickets seperatlely, you can do this in many ways:

• online with disney
  • through AAA
  • at the resort upon check-in
  • at a Disney Store
  • through a second hand dealer although I do not recommend this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter