• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 18, 2015 Disney Dream Meet thread!

Hi, I just found this thread. I've been looking to join a FE group for our cruise on 12/18. Will y'all keep this one going or start a new one?

Unfortunately, I'm going to be canceling this cruise. I could not get a decent price for flights to Orlando and ended up getting a great rate to go to LAX and go to Disneyland during this same time frame. We're bummed out, but also excited to be seeing Disneyland for the 60th celebration. I've got that awesome 5E #8188 stateroom reserved and will be making the cancellation later on this afternoon in case anyone wants to call and do an upgrade after. Just FYI. Moderator, not sure if you want to cancel my thread and start a new one or have y'all keep going on this one? Let me know if you see this.
Thanks!
BTW, I think I got your room..I logged on to the DCL site last Sunday to see if any of those aft staterooms had opened up and that one had! I was so excited, this will be our first Disney Cruise! And then I saw your post, I'm sorry you had to cancel.

BTW, I think I got your room..I logged on to the DCL site last Sunday to see if any of those aft staterooms had opened up and that one had! I was so excited, this will be our first Disney Cruise! And then I saw your post, I'm sorry you had to cancel.

That is awesome! So glad you were able to get it!

It's not letting me delete the thread, so y'all go ahead and keep this one.

That is awesome! So glad you were able to get it!

It's not letting me delete the thread, so y'all go ahead and keep this one.
Thank you! Does anyone want to keep up with the list for FE? I'm happy to volunteer if no one else wants to.
DW:Wendy DH: Zach DS:Memphis-14 DS:Phoenix-9 Room: #8188

Super excited for our 1st cruise! We are a family of 5! Going to WDW after...staying at POR!

We need more noise on this board! We are at 79 days from our cruise--hoping we will have warm weather. Ours is a surprise to our 3 kids(15, 13, 11)--they will learn of it 7 days prior to the cruise....can't wait.

Hi all! Whew! This planning thing for the cruise has worn me out. If anyone can help me here, I would appreciate it. Here's my story...
I had booked a cruise for the December 21st on Dream. (I had originally thought it was for the 18th) I paid the deposit and all of that fun stuff. In August my son's health took a turn. After relentlessly trying to figure out what was going on and putting the trip on the backburner, we got a diagnosis for a chronic illness/disease. He starts treatment tomorrow and will end in November. The problem is that all of my savings is gone and I am unable to pay the balance by the due date. I would, however, be able to pay it in a few weeks when reimbursed for medical expenses. My travel agent tried to extend the deadline and Disney said "Nope." Which is understandable. It is my problem and not theirs. So, I was left to cancel. When I get the reimbursement on October 28th, I would like to reschedule for Dec. 18th. Is there anyway I can keep an eye on the boat to see if there is availability? ONE MORE THING: Do we need passports to go on this cruise?
Another question:
Has anyone done the Land and Sea? If so, how does it work? I am trying to see if it is worth me getting there on Thursday evening then doing Disney that night; waking up, doing Disney again; when does transportation for Disney leave and return?
Thanks in advance!!!!

Ok, Here is what I have. Not sure if anyone else is keeping up with this thread, but I am willing as well. Not trying to step on toes and I am totally a Noob.

Please let me know if you aren't participating, if my count is off, and if not included, your room #. If you want to provide additional details not listed below, or I missed you (sorry) please also let me know.

I don't know anything about concierge level (saw the question about the granddaughter) so can't help there.

FE (Fish Extender List)

*UPDATED 10/25/15
Total Participants: 20

mommyuv7 (6)

DW Kathy, DH Chris, DD 19 Alia, DD Sarah 17, DD Kialie 16, DS Zorrin 11. Room 6566 and 6564.

MrsRhodes (4)
DW:Wendy DH: Zach DS:Memphis-14 DS: Phoenix -9Room: #8188

WishMom09 (5)
DW:TiffanyDH:Tom, DD: Emilee (19) , DS:Caleb (15- Wish Kid) , DD: Aubree (10)

drogers1002
Removed as requested

Lici (5)
Self: MIL: BF: DK: (?) DK: (?)

Last edited:
ONE MORE THING: Do we need passports to go on this cruise?

Sorry I am new to the cruise and DW so I can't answer anything which might help you in that manner. I do know though the DCL says we need passports, but I think that Birth Certificates work for kiddos. All mine have a passport since we live a few hours from Canada and have family that lives in Mexico several months of the year, but I think the BC is the way around that extra expense if they don't already have them.

Sorry for all the hurdles going on. You're sure doing a great job though through them all! I hope your son is feeling better.

We're taking our Granddaughter on her first Disney Cruise Dec 18th ... We're in a Concierge Stateroom and I don't ever recall seeing Door Decorations or FEs in those areas ... would it be a waste to hang a FE (hate to see here hang one and it come up empty!) ... and would the magnets even stick to the doors (wood laminate over steel)?
Hi Richard: I found this answer about DCL Concierge Rooms: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1800175 So if you would like to have your party participate it looks like it's not an issue. If you wish to participate please be sure to let us know how many are in your party and your room #

I also found this answer about door decorations: http://www.disboards.com/threads/door-decorations-in-concierge-rooms.2907481/

Sorry I am new to the cruise and DW so I can't answer anything which might help you in that manner. I do know though the DCL says we need passports, but I think that Birth Certificates work for kiddos. All mine have a passport since we live a few hours from Canada and have family that lives in Mexico several months of the year, but I think the BC is the way around that extra expense if they don't already have them.

Sorry for all the hurdles going on. You're sure doing a great job though through them all! I hope your son is feeling better.
I wouldn't chance it with birth certificates, it's my understanding that all must have passports.

We're traveling with my family of 4, my MIL and best friend and her two daughters, first time Disney Cruise for us all! We're enjoying WDW beforehand and can't wait! And Star Wars opens that day?!?! The boys will be so excited!
Hi Lici, I have you on our list. Do you want to list ages? And we will need your room # for sure to delivery the FE trinkets.

I wouldn't chance it with birth certificates, it's my understanding that all must have passports.

I couldn't agree more on not taking a chance... I am clearly not working today and just Googling away on my computer excited about this trip.

I pulled this from the DCL "Passport and Travel Documents". If you're family is Canadian, sorry for the assumption bluedressandpearls

And as suggested below, always check with the government agency if not sure. Hope this helps. :)

Traveling to the Bahamas
The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to check with your travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on the ship's itinerary. If you're visiting any country other than the U.S., remember to contact the consulate of that country to ensure you have the documentation required to visit. Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's website at http://travel.state.gov. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.

The following information pertains to all guests, including children, who board a cruise ship within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship.

Required Documents for U.S. Citizens
All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship must present one of the following as proof of U.S. citizenship:

• A valid U.S. Passport
  • A valid U.S. Passport Card
  • A valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • Government-issued photo ID along with one of the following:
    • Original or copy of their state issued birth certificate
      • Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
    • Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
  • Guests under the age of 16 may present one of the following:
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
With the exception of the state issued birth certificate, photocopies of the above documents are not acceptable. Hospital issued birth certificates are not acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the U.S.

Guests disembarking in a foreign port and not returning to the ship should be sure that they meet all of the documentation and entry requirements of that country. In addition, they may be assessed a fine or penalty according to local or national regulations.

U.S. citizens traveling by air to the United States must present a valid passport.

United States citizens can visit the State Department's travel website at http://travel.state.gov or call the United States National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT (487-2778) for more information.

I am sorry there aren't more people participating... sort of makes me wonder if I am in the wrong section or something....

Anyway... I am starting to get SOOOOOO excited. Can you believe it is STILL a secret from the younger 3 kids?

MrsRhodes, you must be just as excited because I see your posts in here!!! lol

I checked in today for our DW portion and got our Fast Passes. We've never been there either so I am trying to prepare myself for the crowds. I read it is the most crowded at Christmas. I managed to get us a reservation for at least 1 sit down meal a day though, so hopefully we can regroup. I am not planning on this being like our previous Disneyland trips (I always went at low crowd times intentionally) and am hoping to convince everyone to just immerse themselves in the holiday ambiance. We did get a Candlelight Processional Reservation for Christmas Eve and a traditional style meal (for our family) on Christmas Day booked, and no matter what... we're going to be on a big ship and then DW for Christmas... all together... nothing could be better no matter what does or doesn't go correctly.

Ok, I will stop for now.... Happy Planning Everyone!!! Enjoy your cruise.

I couldn't agree more on not taking a chance... I am clearly not working today and just Googling away on my computer excited about this trip.

I pulled this from the DCL "Passport and Travel Documents". If you're family is Canadian, sorry for the assumption bluedressandpearls

And as suggested below, always check with the government agency if not sure. Hope this helps. :)

Traveling to the Bahamas
The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to check with your travel agent, government agency, embassy or consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on the ship's itinerary. If you're visiting any country other than the U.S., remember to contact the consulate of that country to ensure you have the documentation required to visit. Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's website at http://travel.state.gov. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding.

The following information pertains to all guests, including children, who board a cruise ship within the United States, travel only within the Western Hemisphere, and return to the same U.S. port on the same ship.

Required Documents for U.S. Citizens
All Guests claiming U.S. citizenship must present one of the following as proof of U.S. citizenship:

• A valid U.S. Passport
  • A valid U.S. Passport Card
  • A valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • Government-issued photo ID along with one of the following:
      • Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
  • Guests under the age of 16 may present one of the following:
    • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
With the exception of the state issued birth certificate, photocopies of the above documents are not acceptable. Hospital issued birth certificates are not acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the U.S.

Guests disembarking in a foreign port and not returning to the ship should be sure that they meet all of the documentation and entry requirements of that country. In addition, they may be assessed a fine or penalty according to local or national regulations.

U.S. citizens traveling by air to the United States must present a valid passport.

United States citizens can visit the State Department's travel website at http://travel.state.gov or call the United States National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT (487-2778) for more information.
LOL. I've been doing that for months! My husband calls it nerding out. My kids have passports, it was just easier than the other options.

I am sorry there aren't more people participating... sort of makes me wonder if I am in the wrong section or something....

Anyway... I am starting to get SOOOOOO excited. Can you believe it is STILL a secret from the younger 3 kids?

I checked in today for our DW portion and got our Fast Passes. We've never been there either so I am trying to prepare myself for the crowds. I read it is the most crowded at Christmas. I managed to get us a reservation for at least 1 sit down meal a day though, so hopefully we can regroup. I am not planning on this being like our previous Disneyland trips (I always went at low crowd times intentionally) and am hoping to convince everyone to just immerse themselves in the holiday ambiance. We did get a Candlelight Processional Reservation for Christmas Eve and a traditional style meal (for our family) on Christmas Day booked, and no matter what... we're going to be on a big ship and then DW for Christmas... all together... nothing could be better no matter what does or doesn't go correctly.

So so excited! My boys know we are going. We are planning on doing universal after the cruise, I need some Harry Potter time!

Oh and I have checked every forum, no other FE groups for this cruise. Maybe we'll get more closer to the date?

Ok, Here is what I have. Not sure if anyone else is keeping up with this thread, but I am willing as well. Not trying to step on toes and I am totally a Noob.

Please let me know if you aren't participating, if my count is off, and if not included, your room #. If you want to provide additional details not listed below, or I missed you (sorry) please also let me know.

I don't know anything about concierge level (saw the question about the granddaughter) so can't help there.

FE (Fish Extender List)

Total Participants: 25

mommyuv7

DW Kathy, DH Chris, DD 19 Alia, DD Sarah 17, DD Kialie 16, DS Zorrin 11. Room 6566 and 6564.

MrsRhodes
DW:Wendy DH: Zach DS:Memphis-14 DS: Phoenix -9Room: #8188

WishMom09
DW:TiffanyDH:Tom, DD: Emilee (19) , DS:Caleb (15- Wish Kid) , DD: Aubree (10)

drogers1002
DW: DH: DK: (15) DK: (13) DK: (11)

Lici
Self: MIL: BF: DK: (?) DK: (?)

Hi, thanks for coordinating this--no need to include drogers1002 in the FE group. Just won't have the time to pull it all together this time! Thnx!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter