December 13 - AK Moonlight Magic

I am so excited as this falls in our vacation dates and we are new DVC members!!
Is it best to not get too excited though as I thinkI’ve heard it’s extremely difficult to bag a reservation?
Definitely don't tell kids or anyone who can't handle disappointment, but also definitely try to book. Since this one has been announced relatively late (two months in advance), you'll probably have less competition for booking on November 28, when it's limited to those with resort reservations for the night of December 13, than members have when they know the dates many more months in advance and can book resort reservations.

So excited! 12/13 was our planned non park day. We purchased DVC in 2022, so this is all new to me. I have a 1 BR booked at VGF and a studio at BLT. Will I be able to request 8 tickets as long as I have 5/3 guests on reservations? My one son is flying in on 12/13 & landing at 5:50 pm. Do we all need to be present when I check in or could I leave park, give him wristband & both enter? Thanks!!

You must be a DVC-Y member and the member and the entire party has to be there upon check in

You may be able to leave and have him brought in after you check in. I’m unsure how they’d handle that specific situation

You must be a DVC-Y member and the member and the entire party has to be there upon check in

You may be able to leave and have him brought in after you check in. I’m unsure how they’d handle that specific situation
Every MM I’ve been to, the whole party must be together, and a CM puts the band on your wrist for you.

Does getting the email mean you “qualify” or does everyone get one?
We had registered for the last AK MM in Aug but then cancelled our trip. So, did not attend. We happen to already have a hodgepodge of reservations for a 7 person group mid December and I got the email. I was so excited but then realized you’re only allowed 1 event per park and we technically had tickets. Thoughts / experience/ advice anyone?

This could be our first MM event, depending on the answer to this question :rotfl2:.

So I understand that to 'qualify' you need to have a minimum of 150 direct points, which we have. However, the night of the party, we are staying at the Poly using resale points, (the week prior to the party we are using our direct points), does that mean that we won't be able to book a place at this party on the 28th November because we're not using our direct points for a stay on the night of the party?

Or does the fact that we do have a direct contract worth at least 150 points mean it doesn't matter what points we are using for the night of the event?

This could be our first MM event, depending on the answer to this question :rotfl2:.

So I understand that to 'qualify' you need to have a minimum of 150 direct points, which we have. However, the night of the party, we are staying at the Poly using resale points, (the week prior to the party we are using our direct points), does that mean that we won't be able to book a place at this party on the 28th November because we're not using our direct points for a stay on the night of the party?

Or does the fact that we do have a direct contract worth at least 150 points mean it doesn't matter what points we are using for the night of the event?
As long as you look at your membership in the app and see DVC Y is doesn't matter how you're staying you have access to Membership Extras and will be able to buy tickets.

As long as you look at your membership in the app and see DVC Y is doesn't matter how you're staying you have access to Membership Extras and will be able to buy tickets.

What I’m not sure of though is whether it counts as a ‘qualifying stay’ to book on 28th November before the general release 05 December.

Do you have to purchase a park ticket for AK for that day to get into after hours, or just a reservation for the after hours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter