DEC Studio availability?

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran AKV/CCV
I’ve noticed availability is wide open for most studios the first 2 weeks of Dec. This was not the case a couple of weeks ago and definitely not a few months ago. Are people second guessing with Covid increases or crowd level increases? I literally was able to secure a split stay CCV and BCV.

I’ve noticed availability is wide open for most studios the first 2 weeks of Dec. This was not the case a couple of weeks ago and definitely not a few months ago. Are people second guessing with Covid increases or crowd level increases? I literally was able to secure a split stay CCV and BCV.
Yes, lots of cancellations. Some are for Covid-related reasons and some because so much of what makes December popular has been cancelled by Disney. No MVMCP, no CP, no gingerbread creations, no fireworks, etc. & etc.

Agree with CarolMN. I think we're seeing an increase now because we're just before the 30 day mark. But I have noticed good availability come and go since this year isso unusual. I was able to snag a split stay between a Boardwalk Standard studio and Riviera Tower Studio a few weeks ago for early December.

There still is an Annual DVC Member Association Meeting for Dec 10 that hasn't been cancelled.

Same trend that started months ago. As a month approaches, the more you see openings. It is not just members choosing to avoid Covid or limitations at WDW created as a result of Covid. There is also a significant population of members who cannot go to WDW even if they wanted to because of applicable state or country travel restrictions or requirements to quarantine if you travel.

Last edited:
I just booked a studio at Riviera for December! Had two nights, but changed it to one, just want to see what it’s like!

Now that we’re into Nov, availability has dropped off a bit.

Why is there Standard view at BWV on the WDW site but not on the DVC site?
WDW is the owner of at least 2% of all DVC points, by law. They also acquire additional points through foreclosures, exercising ROFR, owners who book Disney cruises, ABD, and hotels with their points, etc. Disney rents reservations booked with their points just like any owner is allowed to do. So what you see for cash through the Disney Reservation Center is separate inventory from what's available for the remainder of us owners.

Those really aren't the standard view rooms DVC members covet. Rooms booked through CRO/DRC are actually assigned to pool/garden category. Online, they are called standard to distinguish them from water view, but that category isn't available at BWV. It is at BWI, though.

AFAIK, std and Boardwalk view rooms are not ever sent to CRO/DRC.

Since we are within the 60 day mark for breakage, any DVC rooms not reserved by members are fair game for Disney to offer to cash guests,

So, if you are seeing DVC villas for next month, it could be that inventory as well. As already explained, BWV standard for cash is the pool/garden view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter