Dec/Jan Car rentals are out of site...anyone get a good deal?!?

Maliki2

DIS Veteran
I'm having no luck. I have never seen prices this high, and I have gone during this time before.

I currently have a res at Alamo for a standard SUV for $550 and a minivan at Budget for $585. I am stalking them via autoslash, hoping the prices come down. I'm also holding reservations for each vehicle type at Fox ($285 SUV, $350 minivan) but am not sure I am comfortable with this- hence holding onto the "legacy" reservations. This is for Jan 6-13, 2024.

www.autoslash.com to look for the best publicly available rates. I've got a discount code through my wife's employer that is National for $251 for the week of King day.

Wish I had that kind of discount. Still looking at 900 to over 1k for a car. I'm specific about which ones at MCO. Maybe I'll just shuttle in.

www.autoslash.com to look for the best publicly available rates. I've got a discount code through my wife's employer that is National for $251 for the week of King day.
Jealous. Those employer/employee codes are usually pretty decent. We were 100% National customers when my husband worked at Michigan State. They had a really sweet deal for employees.

ETA: I just looked at midsize car rates for our week in Jan. Best that autoslash could find at a 'legacy' agency is $540. I made reservations a couple of months ago for a standard SUV for $550 and a minivan for $585. CRAZY!!

Last edited:
We have a minivan for $812 through Alamo. It’s for a longer period of time (12/5-12/16) but the price tracks with what others are reporting.

We have a minivan 12/3-12/12 for $625 with Budget through Costco. I snagged it randomly one day and keep checking back and it’s consistently closer to $700.

I'm having no luck. Not spending 1k on a car much less 800 bucks. I have never had this issue and I go almost every year! Maybe I will just Mears in.

It’s still too far out to get any real deals. Use Autoslash to reserve a car where you don’t need to give a credit card and set up price drop alerts. You may get the best deal a few days before you leave.

I finally booked. Not from MCO but the Disney Car Center. I dropped the 30th and 31st of December to the 1st through the 8th. It dropped the price by over half!

I have a minivan reservation with Alamo thru Costco for 1 week before Christmas for $470. I will keep checking and rebook when a large sedan or midsize SUV (or larger) is cheaper. I don't need a minivan, but it was actually cheaper than a sedan for my dates. Rates have been very high the last 3-4 years. Seems the days of great rental deals are long gone!

For what it’s worth you can book directly through Avis by signing in with your Amazon account and then you get 10% back as an Amazon gift card. Did this twice already and you get the Amazon gift card directly to your account literally the day after you return the car. Prices booked direct online weren’t any worse than autoslash

I just went from $457 Alamo intermediate car rental to $394 for a compact SUV also from Alamo through Costco. This is for a 6 day mid December rental. Hopefully, we’ll see more price drops as we get closer.

Alamo. Just booked a five day rental in January during MLK week for $213 (down from $260) on a "you click we pick" promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter