Dec 4th 12 trip in progress sad

Tornat

Earning My Ears
Flew in sat done 2 parks in 2 days out of 8 day trip already ready to leave . Parks are just horrible right now. We rode 2 things at magic kingdom today . We looked at buying genie plus but even at 8 am a lot of attractions return time were late afternoon for first pick . I swear I been here with crowds slot bigger and weight times weren’t as bad . Any one got any advise on doing something out of parks even out if Disney ?

Flew in sat done 2 parks in 2 days out of 8 day trip already ready to leave . Parks are just horrible right now. We rode 2 things at magic kingdom today . We looked at buying genie plus but even at 8 am a lot of attractions return time were late afternoon for first pick . I swear I been here with crowds slot bigger and weight times weren’t as bad . Any one got any advise on doing something out of parks even out if Disney ?

I heard it's crazy ..a small part may be related to Pop Warner -I'm pretty sure they are there this week or at least over the weekend.

I heard it's crazy ..a small part may be related to Pop Warner -I'm pretty sure they are there this week or at least over the weekend.
Think pop Warner is on January and I remember reading while back they were ditching Disney and partnered with universal. I could be wrong but it didn’t look like there is any organized groups in park (shrug)

Disney related - Disney Springs, mini-golf, swim at your resort (I heard it was warm all this week). Non-Disney related but will cost: Sea World, drive over to the coast and go to Space Center, Universal. I'm going to guess if Disney is crowded any of the theme parks are going to be as well. Google things to do in Orlando area. There is a pretty good science museum in Orlando if that is your thing.

Think pop Warner is on January and I remember reading while back they were ditching Disney and partnered with universal. I could be wrong but it didn’t look like there is any organized groups in park (shrug)

Thats right they did switch to Universal.... but they are down there this week. If it's really getting you down, I'd head over to Kennedy Space Center ...usually much more relaxing day over there. The other suggestions would be to be sure to get to Parks at opening or spend time at Animal Kingdom and Epcot ...they usually can handle crowds a little better because of their size. December was a great month to go but it's become more and more popular -that combined with many putting holiday trips off for a year and the 50th really messes it up even more.

Here right now too and in 4 hours we ride 2 rides at HS this am. It really looks like genie+ has killed normal waiting times. We were there at park opening, before actually but had to activate APs which brought us into the park at almost exactly 9. This is our third “pandemic trip”, our 9th or 10th in roughly 8 years and I’ve never seen it this busy or crowded. But it’s only day 1! Maybe I’ll get better. Im adamant about not buying GP, I hope I don’t regret it

Ugghhh I’ve been reading a lot of posts on FB in the Disney groups and everyone says the same thing about the crowds and how horrible Genie+ is. Before they fixed the ride stacking glitch I had no issue purchasing it but now it makes zero sense if you have a park hopper because the return times are so late! Someone said that LL for ROTR and FOP was sold out by 7:15AM! We arrive Thursday and I can honestly say I’m no longer looking forward to this trip.

A stranger standing in line told me at 7:02 Remys was sold out yesterday and today. Our Epcot day is Wednesday… feeling a bit skeptical we’ll make it on since I’m not willing to pay

A stranger standing in line told me at 7:02 Remys was sold out yesterday and today. Our Epcot day is Wednesday… feeling a bit skeptical we’ll make it on since I’m not willing to pay

It sounds like even if you’re willing to pay you’re still SOL! Seriously… sold out in 2 minutes?? *** is happening!

Did g+ today. Rise was sold out for sure 7:15 . We got rockin roller coaster for 10 am I booked it at 7 am right when it came up. Than got lucky with toy story at 1145 . Now g+ has crashed and haven’t been able to use it the last hour . crazy got at hollywood at 8 15 before early opening . 1 ride than every hour +. I’ve seen these parks a lot busy than this the place is just mis managed

we were there last week. 4 parks in 2 days and rode every major ride except SDD. I don't get it. Why are some people so successful with this and others are not.

Ugghhh I’ve been reading a lot of posts on FB in the Disney groups and everyone says the same thing about the crowds and how horrible Genie+ is. Before they fixed the ride stacking glitch I had no issue purchasing it but now it makes zero sense if you have a park hopper because the return times are so late! Someone said that LL for ROTR and FOP was sold out by 7:15AM! We arrive Thursday and I can honestly say I’m no longer looking forward to this trip.
So we did it with PH and it was great! day 1 we did AK to HS. We were at AK at 7 for the 730 EE. Went right to FOP and was off by 8. We did all the rides at AK by 11. At 7 am I did the G+ for MFSR with a 2-3 pm return time. At 11 I got a TOT LL for 430-5. At 1 I was able to get RNRC for 5-6. We got to HS at 2, did MSFR, standby for MMRR and ate at brown derby at 330. We were able to do standy by for Rise at 745 and waited about 45 min. It worked great for us with hopping. Just planned a park where I wouldn't need it with a park where it would be important.

Let us know how much you want to spend, and we can give you non-Disney plans for the rest of the week that might be more fun...

So we did it with PH and it was great! day 1 we did AK to HS. We were at AK at 7 for the 730 EE. Went right to FOP and was off by 8. We did all the rides at AK by 11. At 7 am I did the G+ for MFSR with a 2-3 pm return time. At 11 I got a TOT LL for 430-5. At 1 I was able to get RNRC for 5-6. We got to HS at 2, did MSFR, standby for MMRR and ate at brown derby at 330. We were able to do standy by for Rise at 745 and waited about 45 min. It worked great for us with hopping. Just planned a park where I wouldn't need it with a park where it would be important.
Guess it’s cause they fix the double booking thing. i was not able to book another til we rode our first at 10 . We robe dropped MFSR that was done rest of day . Rise was about 3 hours by 9

Guess it’s cause they fix the double booking thing. i was not able to book another til we rode our first at 10 . We robe dropped MFSR that was done rest of day . Rise was about 3 hours by 9
They didn't have the double booking when I went either. That was something entirely different than what I did. ANYONE can book 1 at 7 and another at 11. So by rebooking a 2nd at 10, you actually got an earlier start on the next one than I did since I didn't use 1 at 10 and had to wait untiil 11.

They didn't have the double booking when I went either. That was something entirely different than what I did. ANYONE can book 1 at 7 and another at 11. So by rebooking a 2nd at 10, you actually got an earlier start on the next one than I did since I didn't use 1 at 10 and had to wait untiil 11.
Ah . I was thinking it was like max pass oh well .

Are the still limiting ride capacity by skipping rows of people? If so that’s stupid since you stand shoulder to shoulder in queue but then they distance you on the ride. That could be an issue with the waits if the cars/boats/etc are only half full.

Are the still limiting ride capacity by skipping rows of people? If so that’s stupid since you stand shoulder to shoulder in queue but then they distance you on the ride. That could be an issue with the waits if the cars/boats/etc are only half full.
Nope they are filling all rides and single rider queues are open for the major thrill rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter