• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 2nd thru 12th: any special ocassion at WDW?

FatCow

<font color=purple>FatCow is a dude<br><font color
will there be any 'special ocassion' such as cheerleading competition, easter egg hunt competition or any such thing that may cause ASMu and WDW to be crowded during this period of time?

I'm not sure about the cheerleading thing, but I am fairly safe in saying that there won't be an Easter egg hunt during the first week of December!

:p :p :p

Sorry to tell you that the Pop Century cheerleaders have their "Super Bowl" competition December 5-11. We'll be there but will be at POFQ. Hopefully, this won't be a problem there!:rolleyes:

How bad is that going to affect ASMu and/or the parks?

That's right, and on top of that, there is that MVMCP (Mickey's Very Morbid Character Pelting)

MouseFest will be on the cruise most of this time period. They will be there the latter part. I just plan to avoid the parks they will be attending. The big meet is Saturday I believe- we'll be gone- but check the schedule for updates on Deb's site.
From what I've read about the cheerleaders, for the most part they stay at the all star resorts. There have been some pretty bad reports from years past about behavior there and being really loud. However, I have read reports of them being perfectly nice and quiet too. I just plan to stay at POFQ and hope too many don't stay at the moderates. I've read the crowds at the parks shouldn't be affected much b/c they are in practice and competition most of the time. I heard they may close MGM down early on a Friday or Saturday night for some sort of party.
Anyway, with proper planning I think it will be OK. I might reconsider my all star stay though. Try for a moderate- I'm hoping to get a good code through Disney visa or AP passes.

Moderate is definitely not an option for me due to budgetary restraints. I'm just hoping they are being directed to Sports than Music. (Supposedly the highest attendance is at Movie, then Sports then Music)

I'm not sure about the All Stars resorts but I didn't notice an increase in the number of people in the parks due the cheerleading competitions. The cheerleaders that we saw were fairly well behaved...

MK does get busy on the days when they tape the Christmas parade. We went to MK on the Saturday when Enrique (I think) was suppose to be there and it was mobbed.

Originally posted by tink2
MouseFest will be on the cruise most of this time period. They will be there the latter part. I just plan to avoid the parks they will be attending. The big meet is Saturday I believe- we'll be gone- but check the schedule for updates on Deb's site.
Actually you might want to try joining in on some of the Mousefest fun. I was there last year for Mousefest and hope to be there again this year. I don't think that it had that much of a noticable effect at any individual park except in certain areas for particular meets. I was pleased to meet lots of DISers (including JamesD - Hi James and Linda :wave2: ), and a few have become good friends of mine.

Krista :)

skporter- I may catch up with some of the MouseFest activities. My family thinks that is nuts- but we'll see how things are going!
Do you- or anyone else- think the cheerleaders will make the crowds for MVMCP larger? We're planning on going either Tuesday or Thursday night. Is one night usually better than the other? I've read to avoid Fridays.
Thanks for the help!princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter