• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 2021 -- we've booked and are totally nervous....

We are booked for May in a grand villa at Old Key West. Fully expect to cancel that, but you never know. Hoping more realistically for late November through early December 2021, although that too is not a sure thing. Like others, we hope but don’t worry. If we have to cancel, it will be a disappointment, but we will get there eventually.

We have ASMo booked for April 2021 and I have a solo trip booked at POP for September 2021 that is the rebooking of my birthday trip that should be happening as we speak. Since we cancelled our Paris trip as well this year that will be happening in 2022. We will not be canceling unless the parks close again.

So for Dec 2021 we've booked our next vacation..... By then many initial vaccinations should have occured. and we're hoping that the US is a little less scary by then --- but still have some major worriies since there is no sign anything is going to change... What are other Canadian's plans over the next year or so..

I'm not making any plans. Not going anywhere. Just fixing up the home and enjoying myself here.

@Frozen2014 don't worry too much about your kids aging out of Disney. In my experience so long as "Mom is paying, they are playing". My boys 28,26,24 still enjoy going.

I never aged out of it, nor did my kid (now 28). I also never had a time when I felt Disney was "uncool" - even at my most bratty teenaged years I loved it.

Under “normal” circumstances, we would be on our way just 10 days from now. The excitement of hitting the single digit countdown point would be through the roof. Instead, we are concentrating on staying safe and being very grateful that the pandemic has not so far inflicted any health or financial difficulties on our extended family.

All the promising news about vaccines has certainly lifted our spirits, but it is certainly too early to have any kind of reliable projection of when the spread of Covid can be sufficiently contained. We’ll cling to our revised dream of a Nov 2021, until reality imposes itself and we can actually book or reset our sights. Fingers crossed!

Thanks to all for posting.... Hopefully with the current Vaccine info things will fall into place (it does make me feel much better) but hope all the entertainment/nighttime fireworks/restaurants/offerings will be back in Dec 2021.

We have ASMo booked for April 2021 and I have a solo trip booked at POP for September 2021 that is the rebooking of my birthday trip that should be happening as we speak. Since we cancelled our Paris trip as well this year that will be happening in 2022. We will not be canceling unless the parks close again.
We have April booked for Fort Wilderness - a campsite for us and a cabin for our daughter. I am so questionning if this is going to happen and if so, will we have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return home. The grandkids and we adults have no issues wearing masks and have been looking forward to this trip since cancelling another US based trip that was to happen this past August. I knew we were taking a gamble when we booked FW in January for April 2021. I just don`t know if the SIL can take 3 weeks off of work - our daughter teaches college from home so that isn`t an issue.

After cancelling our August 2020 trip to San Diego and DLR I rebooked hotel for August 2021. Our tickets for everything have all been extended till December 2021 but I haven't rebooked flights because I'm really not that optimistic that we'll actually be able to go. We have plans for WDW in November 2022 and I'm more optimistic about that trip but who really knows!

Just decided with the family to start planning for a 2022 trip. 4 nights Universal (Hard Rock) and 4 nights Disney. WDW Resort will be my youngest’s pick as my oldest picked POFQ last Dec. My kids just want to do 2 HS and 2 AK days at WDW. Husband would rather cruise instead of the Disney portion. We have lots of time to decide and to start racking up points. Excited to plan and to watch how the trips go for others before us. Safety will be our main deciding factor for our booking timeline.

Just decided with the family to start planning for a 2022 trip. 4 nights Universal (Hard Rock) and 4 nights Disney. WDW Resort will be my youngest’s pick as my oldest picked POFQ last Dec. My kids just want to do 2 HS and 2 AK days at WDW. Husband would rather cruise instead of the Disney portion. We have lots of time to decide and to start racking up points. Excited to plan and to watch how the trips go for others before us. Safety will be our main deciding factor for our booking timeline.
What a nice feeling to be able to tentatively plan something again! I know so much could change but we all sure need something to look forward to.

We have April booked for Fort Wilderness - a campsite for us and a cabin for our daughter. I am so questionning if this is going to happen and if so, will we have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return home. The grandkids and we adults have no issues wearing masks and have been looking forward to this trip since cancelling another US based trip that was to happen this past August. I knew we were taking a gamble when we booked FW in January for April 2021. I just don`t know if the SIL can take 3 weeks off of work - our daughter teaches college from home so that isn`t an issue.

Are you in Ontario? Pearson has been doing rapid tests since September 1st with over 13,000 tests where 99% of them have been negative. Ford is trying to get it rolled out fully by end of year so that’s hopeful, especially if they do it the way the pilot program is going in Alberta. In Alberta you test when you get off the plane, quarantine until the results are in which is under 36 hrs, if they come back negative you no longer have to quarantine but you do you have to provide symptoms on a website daily and retest at day 6-7 and if negative again then all done. If you don’t retest then you have to finish the 14 days in quarantine, they want this rolled out countrywide quickly I believe. Also you cannot visit a hospital or long term care facility for 14 days.

We go in 20 days and for some reason I am also a bit nervous, lol. Its 20 days away and we still aren't sure what we are going to do. We have park days booked but might cancel and just do food and sit at the pool if its warm enough. It will definitely make for a different kind of 20th anniversary.

We are booked for mid-October 2021 - quite sure that vaccinations will be starting early in new year; coinciding with a change in US leadership which may help get the beast under control.

Are you in Ontario? Pearson has been doing rapid tests since September 1st with over 13,000 tests where 99% of them have been negative. Ford is trying to get it rolled out fully by end of year so that’s hopeful, especially if they do it the way the pilot program is going in Alberta. In Alberta you test when you get off the plane, quarantine until the results are in which is under 36 hrs, if they come back negative you no longer have to quarantine but you do you have to provide symptoms on a website daily and retest at day 6-7 and if negative again then all done. If you don’t retest then you have to finish the 14 days in quarantine, they want this rolled out countrywide quickly I believe. Also you cannot visit a hospital or long term care facility for 14 days.
Yes we are in Ontario but hubby and I are driving the motorhome down and meeting the kids who will be flying in. I'm sure we will know a little more travel info by the first of March to make a more informed decision as we're worrying about the return for SIL for self-quarantine. Is Pearson doing the rapid tests upon return to Canada or departure or both? Thanks for the info.

Yes we are in Ontario but hubby and I are driving the motorhome down and meeting the kids who will be flying in. I'm sure we will know a little more travel info by the first of March to make a more informed decision as we're worrying about the return for SIL for self-quarantine. Is Pearson doing the rapid tests upon return to Canada or departure or both? Thanks for the info.

Only upon return

I think that for all travel out of Canada right now or into from a non-resident, that we practise what is required to enter Hawaii right now, provide negative test results from a test taken within the last 72 hours of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter