Debating Park Hopper

With 4 days, I would want a little more time in DL than in DCA. We have gone without hoppers when we had 5 days. But this was also before Maxpass...

No matter how much DCA ever has to offer, there is something really magical about returning to the original Disneyland later in the day. It's hard to describe (probably nostalgia) but not being able to do that would be a deal killer for us.

I definitely see the value in park hopper, but debating on skipping it. We’re going for 4 days, 2 in each park. Am I really going to want to go back and forth when we have so much time? It’s a $200 difference. Definitely doing MaxPass. Thoughts?

We always buy a park hopper and rarely use it besides the last day or two. I told my husband (as he always insists we get a hopper but then refuses to use it) that next time I am buying a 3 day single park pass and then 2 day park hopper pass. It’s just a waste of money if your not planning on hopping. We just like hopping on the last day as DCA has 3 of our favorite rides but then that’s about it.

We always buy a park hopper and rarely use it besides the last day or two. I told my husband (as he always insists we get a hopper but then refuses to use it) that next time I am buying a 3 day single park pass and then 2 day park hopper pass. It’s just a waste of money if your not planning on hopping. We just like hopping on the last day as DCA has 3 of our favorite rides but then that’s about it.

While I understand what you are saying, I think you math is off.

3 day single pass = 280
2 day park hopper = 260
Total cost proposed = $540

Current cost of 5 day park hopper = $370

This is for tickets direct from Disney not including any discounts from LMT Club or anything like that. All that said, the hopper is still cheaper for the 5 days and comes in handy if there is something you want to ride in the other park at the end of your trip. For our family, we pay for the park hopper as we would hate to explain to the kids the last day of the trip that they can't ride a certain ride because we don't have a park hopper. For us we see the value.

I would say it probably depends on what you enjoy in each park, and what your ride and show preferences are. If you don't have any trouble thinking of spending a whole day in one park and another in the other, and plan on booking MaxPasses to stick with each park, then you'll probably be fine. I personally loved being able to book a Guardians FP while in line for Peter Pan and have no trouble going over to ride. But since you'll be there for a few days, if you think you'll get your fill of each attraction you like at each park on the dedicated days you have to them, you'd probably be fine without also.

It depends on when you are going. We have always been a one park a day family. With a family of 7 I could never justify the price. Then we went in January. Lots of refurbishments and rain. Our DCA days were miserable because many rides were down. The rides that were up had soggy seats. We were shivering in the Animation gallery for most of the day. You don't realize how many rides are actually outdoors in that park. My family vowed to never go without parkhoppers again. I say it is totally worth the cost.

It depends on when you are going. We have always been a one park a day family. With a family of 7 I could never justify the price. Then we went in January. Lots of refurbishments and rain. Our DCA days were miserable because many rides were down. The rides that were up had soggy seats. We were shivering in the Animation gallery for most of the day. You don't realize how many rides are actually outdoors in that park. My family vowed to never go without parkhoppers again. I say it is totally worth the cost.
You could have upgraded that day.

We rarely get Park Hoppers at WDW but wouldn't go without at DLR. The parks are just so close! We'll see if MaxPass changes my mind in January.

For a short trip, we don't get PHs. Longer trips we do, since the price for the hopper is the same regardless of how long you're there. $25/day to hop is a lot harder to stomach than $10/day.

This is a great idea- maybe I should get 2 regular tickets and 2 park hoppers. Or, I think I can read you can add it on if you want to? We could see how it goes?

This is a great idea- maybe I should get 2 regular tickets and 2 park hoppers. Or, I think I can read you can add it on if you want to? We could see how it goes?

It's actually a terrible idea that costs more than just buying the PH for all the days. See Tigger Trainer's comment above that first detailed why it is more expensive to utilize this method.

2 day single park: $210
2 day PH: $260
Total: $470

4 day PH: $355

Also adding the PH option to any ticket costs the same whether you do it the first day or last day. No proration. But yes. You can upgrade a ticket to a PH at the parks if you change your mind.

Either coast.....morning in one park and afternoon in another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter