DEBATE: The Pilfering and Proliferation of WDW in the Post Walt 80's, 90's & Beyond

DisneyKidds

<font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo
Ok - time for a little fun on the debate/discussion end of the Rumors and News Board (I hope :confused: ) as it has been a bit quiet as of late.

Lets have a little snake of our own over here. We have discussed ad nausium the direction of the company, the strenght of the elusive Magic, etc., etc. We always end up in the same place - parking lots full of like minded vehicles ;).

Well, lets discuss developments in our beloved WDW since the great creator saw fit to move on. Lets looks at changes in WDW during that time, and whether you feel they are a positive (proliferation) or negative (pilfering) in the World. I am sure we will get differing opinions on each, but lets try not to disintegrate into a) the inept ME$$$ and crew did it and ruined WDW because they are too d*** cheap, or b) ...... ok, I can't think of a fitting 'Disney Apologist' like comment - but you get my drift. Hopefully we can see things from others perspectives and gain a greater appreciation for both the good and the bad.

Now for the snake bit. We'll start with the letter A, and I'll go first..... (with what will probably be debated immediately :()

Aladdin's Magic Carpets - an addition that helps in the proliferation of WDW - a positive in my opinion. The MK is/was/always will be a complete and mature park. There is a real market and demographic for this type of 'spinner'. It is well themed and fits in the MK as well as Dumbo. When nothing was really required to be done, this is a pleasant addition that really suits the needs of the little ones.

Feel free to provide your own opinion on my entry - and only the entry itself and not its larger 'implications' for WDW. However, if you do you have to take the next letter ;).

OK - next would be B. I was going to take that and say 'Butter, Mickey Head'. However, I will leave that to the Baron when we get to M. So who wants to take B? Any players?

BTW - if you have another A you'd like to throw out you have to wait until we come back around again - sorry ;). I hope we get there quick.

In the middle of formulating my “Address” I check the boards and find this little item!! And of course, I couldn’t pass it up!

Aladdin's Magic Carpets - an addition that helps in the proliferation of WDW - a positive in my opinion.
Not even close!!! Now, before I saw it I was one of the lone defenders of this atrocity. I would offer the same argument as you, “for a change they (Disney management) added instead of traded or, even worse, deleting." That is, until I saw what it did to that wonderful land!! Quite simply – IT DOESN’T FIT!!! Again with the primary colors, spinning, spitting, and generally spoiling the landscape and theme of a most magical and very deeply themed land! Please don’t misunderstand. I am NOT against the concept. I am totally against the implementation of it only! A different theme (more in keeping with the rest of Adventureland) or a different location and I’m with you all the way buddy! But as it is now?? NO WAY!!!

So who wants to take B?
I will.
I was going to take that and say 'Butter, Mickey Head'. However, I will leave that to the Baron …
Thank you!! Consider it done!!

That butter is indicative of the decline, toward the lowest common denominator, of the “Disney-Touch” and away from the “because we are Disney, that’s why” type of thinking.

“C” anyone?

Welcome back Sir Baron. How I love to disagree with you ;). Now get back to work - the public is awaiting your address.

The real essence of MAGIC!
Even if TRADITIONS has been cut in half:confused:
CM's are the heart and soul of the "DISNEY" expeience.

On the heels of Scoops Dino Rama that never was......

D is for Dino Rama. No one wants to take that one? I guess it is a consensus loser and everyone agrees it could have been done better, even though some people enjoy it. However, if the choice was DR as is or nothing, I'll take DR - our kids like the spinners.

E for Early Entry -- not a loss for me, but a "terrible loss" for "the masses".

F is for fast pass. It seemed like such a great idea and I use it every chance I get but it seemed to give execs the green light to shorten hours.:(

g is for GUESTS

we visit and spend our money at wdw because we love it. sometimes, especially recently, very little seems to be done in thinking about us (refillable mugs? no ee? shortened hours?) at least i didnt pick g for GREED, although i'm sad to say it was my first thought....

Haunted Mansion with or without the overlay (nbc) still one of the best

I is for Inovation. Something Disney World sorely lacks in Recent times.

//Picking nits, Disney World never existed as more then some conceptions when Walt was alive... :P

J is for Journey into Your Imagination with Figment. It shows at least some evidence that Disney is able to recognize an instance where they clearly failed, listened to the guests and fixed it. Even if it took some serious heat from Kodak to help make it happen.

N is for not going to happen, not going to pay for it, no extended hours, no EE, no new attractions.

O is for over the top. The way things used to be Themed.

P is for the Pangani Exploration Trail. AKL may still need some attractions, but the animal interaction is great.

HALT!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to stop the game but I need a little clarification from, “The Wild One” (what have you got)!! You said:
O is for over the top. The way things used to be Themed.
Are you saying that the way things used to be themed is “over the top”? If so, we will be discussing this further!!;)

is for the sound heard from a child when he meets his favorite charter even if he is only young at heart

How about a double "P", for the Plethora of Parades that have been the focus of entertainment at the parks more so than ever before. While nice, there are many,myself included, who feel that the parades are fast becoming a cost effective substitute for more substantial attractions.

While nice, there are many, myself included, who feel that the parades are fast becoming a cost effective substitute for more substantial attractions.
Here, here!! The LandBaron rises and applauds wildly!! Bravo, my good Lrodk!! Well said!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter