DEBATE: Ahhhhh!!!! My Eyes!! My Eyes!!!

YoHo - good searching, but I'm not putting any stock in the current numbers game we are playing. What is in the 460 mil for PC and what is in the 140 mil for AKL? Is it apples to apples? The AKL number is from construction company sources and might just be construction cost - not full up resort cost. The jury is still out......

Before you two duke it out here, could Scoop elaborate on his earlier post?

Scoop, you are intimating that the Swalphin has a different but equal claim to theming and immersion. And you talked about Graves 'story'.

I read extensively about the process during the time that the hotels were being built. The articles I read showcased Eisner's desire to have what he would call as an architectually stunning new development, close to Epcot to capitalize on the eateries in WS. I don't remember anything about a story.

Could you elaborate?

OK Greg!! You asked for it!! ;)
Baron, duh! I think you opinions are totally off base and you think mine are...I can't believe that is still frustrating to you. Geesh!
You don’t know how frustrating it really is.

Regardless, while certainly missplaced, I think S/D is anything but a box hotel.
Agreed.
It is a carefully detailed "story" which is told through architecture.
Scoop!!! I shouldn’t need an Architectural guide to explain the theme of a Disney hotel!!

It is a unique approach to telling a story which, I again admit, may be too abstract for some if not more.
Well!! How nice of you to point out to the peons what a cultured eye sees! How patronizing!! How condescending!!

But, I love to see Disney try unique approaches whether its modular hotel rooms to monorails to, yes, even this approach.
And this is the basic disagreement!! Which lead to my thread. Which I assume you read. And you came away with no substantive change in position or more importantly argument. You just spit the same stuff back again, without taking one, NOT ONE, of my thoughts into consideration for agreement or debate!!

The whole premise of the argument was “Walt’s” concepts of ‘theme’. And you ignored not only that point, but every other point made in that essay.

And that’s why I gave it a “Whatever”.

There. Is that a better response? (Somehow, I don’t think so)

WDW could have simply ordered another "time period" or geographic location based hotel but those aren't really that unique anymore at Disney or even non-Disney locations.
They may not be unique, but they are DISNEY!! Those two are not!! Plain and simple. You did read the thing, didn’t you? You’re going on about S/D “theme” was the main motivation for the many, many words there. And yet… Still no reference, points or arguments taken or made. In other words, whatever!
but I find that type of unique approach to be much more promising or interesting or whatever than simply plopping down a Venetian themed hotel
Do you see how fundamentally different our philosophies are? I couldn’t think of this sentence if I were offered a million! It is totally alien to my way of thinking. Yet you have no problem at all, happily typing in, “simply plopping down a Venetian themed hotel”! And that’s another reason for the “Whatever”.
Disney and Graves were going for artistic merit with this resort.
Again, not part of the Disney Standard. Or did I really have to say that after writing the referred to thread? Evidently you didn’t read it, or chose to ignore it or you’d know that this type of post didn’t at all further the dialogue, but just restated what you had said before.

I’m all for talking, but I really need something to talk about. And when I pose an argument, fairly well thought out (at least lengthy) and not one single point was brought up, well…

Whatever!! :confused:

Explained and restated very well mind you, but what good would it be for me to respond? You and I will just debate the same points we have debated ad nauseum
I agree, Mr. Scoop!! Which is I responded the way I did in the first place. I think I may have pushed the envelope a bit with the :confused: icon. For that I apologize.
I've tried to stick to sharing rumors and news lately and was able to do so until you returned.
It must be my magnetic personality!! ;)
I hope this helped. I'm just going to try and stick to info and the occassional gcurling-type responses to specific statements or questions. It keeps gcurling out of too much trouble, maybe it will work for me.
It helped a lot. THANKS!!

As for me, I’m here for the debate only!! I’ve been burned too many times (yes even back in the day) by hoping the rumors I hear were going to come true. Sadly, 99 times out of one hundred, they have come to NOTHING! So, while you provide the rumors, I’ll continue the debate and try to fight the good fight for “One Man’s Dream”.

I think we may have finally come to terms!! (Although your words may come back to haunt you, my friend!! ;) )

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter