• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debarkation Question

OffKiltered

Earning My Ears
Does Disney's system for leaving the ship on the last day work smoothly? Also, just wondering if the luggage retrieval process works well or is it a mad scramble?

ohmygosh!! what a smooth process. the luggage is grouped my colors and then place in numerical order. just remember to have it out by 11:00 the night before. after you get off the ship, you just go to a warehouse-like building, find your color, then the stateroom number and claim your luggage. easy as pie!!:tongue:

All in all, our debarkation was very smooth. We had the second breakfast seating, took our time but didn't dilly dally, and left the boat without a line, got our luggage with little hassle. Waited about 5-10 minutes in line to clear customs, but the process was very fast. No complaints.

Hi,

I've been through it twice and it is quite easy. People who have gone on other lines and then go on DCL always comments how quick it is compared to the other lines.

You will receive colored tags in your room. This is how you will locate your luggage the next day. You put you luggage outside your door by 11:00pm the last night.

In the morning, you can get a buffet and then leave or go to an assigned breakfast time. You can not leave the ship until they clear customs. You go to the restaurant that you ate in the night before. If you have early seating you go at 6:45. If you have the late seating, you have breakfast at 8:00. After this, you exit the ship which will lead you to the baggage claim by color. There are porters if you want. After you find your luggage (it's not hard) you line up to go through customs. This is where you will drop off your customs sheet that will have been left in your room. I think you have to show your id as you exit. They can search bags here if needed. I didn't see anyone. Basically, you just walk on through. At that point, there will be signs indicating where to go to catch taxis buses etc.

I think it took us no more than 15 minutes once we left breakfast.

Have fun.

couldnt be smother the longest part was locating all the luggage then just getting in line and a few questions and driver licences and we were puting the luggage in the car and off to disney world

For anyone who has ever been through a Royal Caribbean debarkation, you will think you died and went to heaven on Disney!
RCCL gives you colored tags, but you are not allowed to leave the ship until your color is called. Sometimes you literally wait hours. Everyone is crowded into the lounges and they get really cranky and uncomfortable. It is the most miserable process you can imagine.
Contrast that with Disney, where you just get off te ship whenever you want. We usually skip breakfast and disembark a little early. You can do that, or you can take your time...it's all up to you. The other cruise lines should take an example from Disney because they have set the gold standard for embarkation/disembarkation.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Also, if for any reason you need more luggage tags stay with the same color. I worked a few different color sections the other day and noticed one particuler stateroom number didn't go with the colored tag it had, moved on to the next color section and came across the same stateroom number. This Guest had put a different color tag on all their bags. Thats a lot of extra bags to check through. Luckily we found them all before the Guest made it down. Just my extra 2 cents:smooth:

PorterBob - you guys are awesome!

If you need more tags, just ask your room steward - they have lots!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter