Dear WDW, (an open letter from our DLR stay)

Completely agree with the frustrations over discounts. With all they know about us with the Magic Band now we shouldn't even have to mention it, it should be just automatic. Not sure about others but with all the money that's we've spent to get a DVC or AP discount, shouldn't have to beg for it.

On the subject of parades, since this was posted in March DL has debuted a new nighttime parade - Paint the Night. I saw it in August. Amazing!

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

My favorite Disney parade! And the music was just excellent----it made us feel so happy and totally jazzed to be there! (It is by Owl City and was in Wreck It Ralph). The whole crowd was so into it!

WDW was also our first resort. We had been for the past 14 years (minus 2002 since I was pregnant with DS) and decided to try out DLR in 2014. We ended up going back to DLR again in May/June 2015.

We are going to WDW next year, primarily because DS wants to go, but I'm just really going to miss DLR. I love being able to stay until closing and then leisurely walk back to VGC. (We ended up buying a resale contract right after our trip this year).

I am not looking forward to the heat/humidity/rain or transportation woes at WDW. Since our last WDW trip was in 2013, we also haven't had to use FP+; since we always grabbed as many FP- as possible (yep, FP hoarders) so I'm also disappointed that we won't be able to ride as many rides as we formerly did. I know----world's tiniest violin, lol. But, I am looking forward to seeing all of new Fantasyland opened, Skipper's Cantina, and riding the new 7DMT. And we do love AKV!

Last edited:

I agree with everything you've posted! The quality of the quick services blew my mind when we went to DL a few years ago. They were amazing!

What a fun post. I am waiting patiently for my kids (DD3, DD6mo) to be at an age for easy travel to CA coming from VA. For now we will stick to the quick trips down to FL... but now your post makes me even more IMPATIENT!!!! Can't wait to experience DL with the kids... I'm thinking 6 and 3 seems like a good age, no? :)

DH surprised me with a trip to DLR two weeks ago (no kids!) and it was a first trip for both of us. Even though the OP wrote his letter some time ago, I agree with so many things. Though I am neither an AP nor DVC, I was shocked how the CMs consistently asked if we were so we could have received the discount.
I really LOVED DLR - my word for it was "charming." Everything was lovely. The food was SO yummy every place we ate. Loved Paint the Night (and we aren't really parade people) and Disneyland Forever. And, despite the fact that the parks were incredibly crowded starting mid-afternoon for the Halloween parties, there was still a very laid-back, chill vibe. Sigh. I hope we get to go back again someday...

Great fun post here.
Lifelong Disneylander and agree with the Magic Band line. After using them in WDW then going to DLR, we found old school touring to be a chore. When walk across the park to get fastpass when we could do it in app or at kiosk.
Thanks for post!

What a fun post. I am waiting patiently for my kids (DD3, DD6mo) to be at an age for easy travel to CA coming from VA. For now we will stick to the quick trips down to FL... but now your post makes me even more IMPATIENT!!!! Can't wait to experience DL with the kids... I'm thinking 6 and 3 seems like a good age, no? :)
As long as the 3 year old is on track to make the 40" height requirement of RSR ... It sounds like an awesome idea ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter