Dealing with The Loss of a Son

I'm in tears reading this thread. My deepest condolences to all of you who have lost a child of any age. That is, quite honestly, my greatest fear. :flower3:

Well my 1st Mother's Day in 20 years without my son was an exhausting mental day. I did go and get a tattoo in honor of Damien so I concentrated on that more then the day itself. It kinda helped to keep preoccupied.

Thursday.. will be the 1st year "Angelversary" :guilty:

Saying a pray tonight for you and your son. :hug:

Hugs to you on this difficult day. Let yourself feel whatever you need to, and take it minute by minute, hour by hour.

Just wanted to stop by and send some hugs your way on this difficult day. :hug: You do what ever you need to do to get through this.

I know this doesn't help Stacy, but I need to share that we had a new baby boy born today on my side of the family. My cousin's first grandchild. Please welcome:
Tristan (Jastrzebski) Tritini
7 lbs 12 oz
8:34AM
20 1/2 inches
Freehold Center State Hospital

Damien, we miss you.

Congrats Aunt Michele and Family :lovestruc

Thank You ALL for your thoughts today :grouphug:
Its been really hard all day
I wasnt even planning on logging onto a computer today but something told me I should

Thank You from the bottom of my heart

I hope I don't get in trouble but in Today's local newspaper The Asbury Park Press or on the web (APP.com) there is an "In Remembrance" in the Obituary section for Damien :guilty:

Stacy, I looked online and couldn't find the rememberance at app....
What a strange day for me.
Damien's anniversary,
My cousin's new grandchild,
and now my brother Jack just called to say his best friend Eddie Jeffries just passed away at the age of 57 from cancer. Sad story. He lived in Ohio after he re-married but his family is here in NJ, so his wife agreed to take him back to NJ to spend his last few days. He died in Hospice Care at JFK Hospital in Edison. He was only here in NJ for a few days. Rest In Peace Ed..
Aunt Michele & Uncle Bud

What a strange day for me.
Damien's anniversary,
My cousin's new grandchild,
and now my brother Jack just called to say his best friend Eddie Jeffries just passed away at the age of 57 from cancer. Sad story. He lived in Ohio after he re-married but his family is here in NJ, so his wife agreed to take him back to NJ to spend his last few days. He died in Hospice Care at JFK Hospital in Edison. He was only here in NJ for a few days. Rest In Peace Ed..
Aunt Michele & Uncle Bud

Oy Vey!!! :sad2:

Prayers and Blessings to Ed's family & friends

I know that you are still going to need support even though the anniversary is over. Here are some hugs to help you get through the next couple of days... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Looked it up today, well apparently it's only updated as of this moment til May 10th. So we need May 13th to find Damien's I'm guessing it should be up soon

I just read through your thread. I'm so sorry for the loss of Damien. :hug: :hug:
And :hug::hug: to the rest of you who have lost children, also.

Today, May 16th, is the 4th anniversary of the loss of my DD, Hilary, who was 33. The pain feels like yesterday, but yet it seems like hundreds of years since I saw her, spoke to her, or held her.:sad1:

I just read through your thread. I'm so sorry for the loss of Damien. :hug: :hug:
And :hug::hug: to the rest of you who have lost children, also.

Today, May 16th, is the 4th anniversary of the loss of my DD, Hilary, who was 33. The pain feels like yesterday, but yet it seems like hundreds of years since I saw her, spoke to her, or held her.:sad1:

Thank You :hug:

and I am so sorry for the loss of you dear daughter :flower3: :hug:

Today is such a yuky dreary rainy day out. Its cold and gray and Tuesdays have already been my "bad days" Not sure why, Im guessing because it was the last day I spent with my son, :sad1: maybe :confused:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

and Im waiting for the phone company because my phones echo for the first 5 - 10 seconds of any call coming in or going out. :sad2:

:guilty:

I just saw this thread, as I came over to post about a family tragedy.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Phishgirl. I remember your username from way back in the day. My heart is broken for you. I can't even imagine how awful your pain must be. :(

My deepest condolences to you. :hug:

I just saw this thread, as I came over to post about a family tragedy.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Phishgirl. I remember your username from way back in the day. My heart is broken for you. I can't even imagine how awful your pain must be. :(

My deepest condolences to you. :hug:

Thank You so much :hug:

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Being a single mom of an only child, a boy 18yo, I especially feel bad for you. I am assuming they are doing an autopsy. The only thing worse than loosing a child would be not knowing why. Perhaps they will have an answer for why it happened. Maybe he had an undiagnosed heart problem. I work in cardiac surgery, and used to work in cardiac surgery at a childrens hospital. It is amazing how many pediatric cardiac disorders there are out there, and many don't surface with well defined symptoms until its a crisis. I am imaging that is what happened to him. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Im sure its quite devastating. Maybe you will at least get an answer why to help with closure. Peace be with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter