Dealing with nagging injuries if you already go a lot. Should I go tonight?

darkwombat

Earning My Ears
We are leaving tonight and have a hotel, and have California Adventure (which I am not the biggest fan of) on Monday and Disneyland on Tuesday. We go to these parks at least once, sometimes twice a year. We were at California Adventure 2 weeks ago and were at both back in February.

My wfie can still go with my sons and their girlfriends. I have some physcial issues and have started some serious stretching and exercise routines to get this fixed. Unfortunately right now I am not doing great. My back just kills me in any lines, and the hips get really sore as well. Lately my old achilles injury is sneaking up on me (i tore it back in 2013 playing baseketball).

I could go, and if its tough go back to the hotel and play with my Nintendo Switch. But we checkout Tuesday morning so if it gets bad for me at Dineyland I have no where to go. Hips and back I can sometimes tough it out with Norco etc but the achilles heel one, if that gets worse, Id be in trouble because it is a mechnical pass or fail.

I am not sure how often there are posts like this and I am sorry if this post is annoying but I have to make a descion in the next 6 hours and would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Would an ECV rental help? I had to do that once and was very glad that I did.

If not, my vote is to stay home and take care of yourself. Keep focusing on healing.

Would an ECV rental help? I had to do that once and was very glad that I did.

If not, my vote is to stay home and take care of yourself. Keep focusing on healing.

I dont think I would go that route. I can walk and move. Part of me wants to tough this out.

Sounds like you want to go which is great! In that case I think just have a plan for where you can sit it out if things go bad at Disneyland? When you say it's a mechanical pass or fail do you mean you'd suddenly not be able to walk?

Sounds like you want to go which is great! In that case I think just have a plan for where you can sit it out if things go bad at Disneyland? When you say it's a mechanical pass or fail do you mean you'd suddenly not be able to walk?
Yes, when an achilles goes out its not so much a matter of pain, its literally mechnical, you cant walk. Now, its no where even near that extreme, heck, right now it does not even hurt. It really hurts when ive been sitting too long. So stretching might help.

Im thinking of going but doing the Lightning Lanes to save my back. Might be fun one time to spend the extra money.

Yep. The lightening lanes sound like a good idea and maybe having some fun will keep your mind off the pain 😊

Sounds like an ECV really will give you the freedom you are looking for. If it’s a matter of pride, ask yourself: do you want to have fun or do you want other people to think you are a “tough guy” without knowing anything of your situation? An ECV is just a tool like a calculator, glasses, or even a car. An ECV will give you a place to sit when you need it and a way to get around while putting yourself in less pain. Nothing says you have to use the ECV at all times. When you want to walk, just park it in stroller parking and go back for it later.

Theme parks are places to have fun, enjoy it. I bet your family would prefer to have you with them then missing out.

Does your hotel have a hot tub? If so, you can always head there if you are having a lot of pain and need to rest.

Will you going cost a lot of extra money or not? Like, if you end up going and doing nothing, will you have wasted money?

Can you wear some sort of Achilles support so that you won't end up in a situation where you literally cannot walk?

Can you work your stretches into your daily routine while there, so that you aren't losing progress? First Aid will let you go inside a room so that you can do this type of thing.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I currently can walk and am fine, this is mostly about IF it flares up.
At that point I would get an ECV or go back to Park Vue Inn accross the street.

I am going to wear an achilles support and have anti-inflammatory stuff along with some great pain killers. Also Arnica Montana is great for inflammation.

I need to get back into my strecthing routine. I am 53 with a computer desk job all day and I get stiff, which is probibaly 100% of the reason things are where they are.

If you go a lot, I assume you’ve ridden the attractions a lot. When was the last time you took the slow scenic route? Listened to the musical entertainment, grabbed a snack or beverage and found a place to people watch, less crowded attractions, hidden Mickey hunts, Mr. Lincoln and Tiki Room, ride the monorail to the hotel and back. Main Street Vehicles and the train.

If you go a lot, I assume you’ve ridden the attractions a lot. When was the last time you took the slow scenic route? Listened to the musical entertainment, grabbed a snack or beverage and found a place to people watch, less crowded attractions, hidden Mickey hunts, Mr. Lincoln and Tiki Room, ride the monorail to the hotel and back. Main Street Vehicles and the train.
Yes we do that sometimes, its great. Might have to go that route. I love the story book rides because they are rarely more than 15 or 20 minute waits. The Lightning Lane should help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter