DDP reviews and thoughts 4/08-4/13

Thmacs1

Mouseketeer
We stayed at BWI and had a fabulous vacation. First time with DDP. Our boys are 15 and 11 and have been ordering off the regular menu for the past few years. I figured with even 1 TS / day we would be spending $150.00 so the plan would not cost us any more than we would spend on food per day. We had 1 TS dinner planned per day, and winged the CS. Sometimes breakfast at the bakery, a few CS lunches. Snacks we mostly used for drinks. A few ice cream bars. We had 6 snacks left at the end of the trip.
TS meals
Boma-We have always liked Boma. This was our first evening. It was very crowded but we did not wait for a table. The food was good as we remembered and we enjoyed it, but the noise and confusion at the buffet lines made us think we will take a break from here next trip. We did not tell our server we were using DDP before ordering and when we gave him our card he told us he wished he had known because we could have ordered smoothies. We were too full anyway and didn't miss them.
Coral Reef-First time here and it was OK. We got a table next to the tank which was great except that people from across the restaurant kept sending thier kids to stand behind us to look at the tank. Our kids were young once and we understood, but pretty annoying after a while. We orderd 3 TS meals to share between the 4 of us. My 11 year old decided since there was no shrimp on the menu he would eat steak. My DH does not eat seafood so he got steak as well. My 15 yo got the Mahi Mahi which was great. With 3 apps and 3 desserts (2 chocolate waves and a creame brulee) there was plenty of food. The steak was ok not great. The chocolate wave was the best dessert we had all week.
O'Hana's- We were 6 at this dinner as my SIL and neice had joined us. The food was very good, just way too much of it. The shrimp had a sweet and sour sauce the boys did not care for. The wings, salad and meat were great. The bread pudding(which I don't even like) was pretty tasty. This meal was either going full tilt or at a dead stand still. We waited forever for dessert. Our server was very nice just very busy.
LeCeiller-Our best meal of the week. Everyone orderd what they wanted, all the food was very good. Prime rib, salmon, mushroom fillet and pork tenderloin. There were no complaints. Dessert was great. Chocolate mooses, maple creme brulee(wonderful!!) and sorbets. A very nice meal even though again we waited forever for dessert and missed Illuminations.
Spoodles-Late ADR (8:30). We were seated quickly but this meal was badly paced. Got drinks and apps quickly, waited for entees, dessert just wouldn't come. My DH and sons abandoned dessert and finally went to bed at 10:30. My SIL and neice and I stuck it out but were so tired from the day we did not enjoy it. Finally got out of there at 11:15. The food was good and everyone was encouraged to add on shrimp, or scallops when applicable. The seafood stew was very good. We have always liked Spoodles and will dine there again perhaps just earlier.
Liberty Tree Tavern-Celebrated SIL's B-Day here. Had a great time. Characters were awesome saw them all multiple times. The food was very good, better than anticipated. Ordered a Birthday cake, very good, but the apple crisp with ice cream was the better dessert so not much of the cake got eaten.
As far as CS goes the standouts were the MK bakery for breakfast-(Croissant breakfast sandwich, french toast loaf lg. chocalte milk 1 CS) and Earl of Sandwich. We went to Earl our last day and wished we had gone sooner. The sandwiches were fantastic. We also got big warm gooey brownies right out of the oven. We ate at Tusker house at AK which was also very good- 3 CS meals with leftovers. Pizza Planet(blech!!) but everyone else liked it.
I do not feel we saved any money using DDP because we simply would not have ordered that much food at our sit down meals. I would guess we would have spent the same amount if we had not gone with ddp. That being said would we do it again? Absolutely!! We had a ball and ate with abandon. We ate more dessert in one week than we have in the past year. I think I would try to eat some TS lunches or breakfast. I realize not the best value on DDP but ending the evening stuffed every night was not that enjoyable. Also, we would have like to try some of the CS in the World showcase but could never eaten that much for lunch and then gone out for a big dinner. We will do this again with more knowledge and less concern about value. Happy to answer any questions.
Gail

Thank you for the reviews. I'm figuring we'll just about break even too when we use the plan in May.

Do you remember what you were allowed to order at BW bakery for a CS breakfast? Also at MK bakery. Is it any 2 items + a drink? Thank you.

Thmacs1 said:
That being said would we do it again? Absolutely!! We had a ball and ate with abandon. We ate more dessert in one week than we have in the past year.

Thanks for sharing your reviews! Your comment above made me laugh :teeth: ! We're going back to WDW in May and using the DDP for the first time. In the past we haven't eaten many TS meals and we usually skip or share dessert. I'm looking forward to being able to try a lot of different things on this trip and ordering what I want instead of what is affordable.

We're eating at LeCeiller and Coral Reef in May! I can't wait! :cool1:

Do you remember what you were allowed to order at BW bakery for a CS breakfast? Also at MK bakery. Is it any 2 items + a drink? Thank you.
At BW Bakery my son would get the breakfast burrito and a morning pastery. Also a drink, OJ or pop (hey we were on vacation!!)
I thought the MK bakery a good value. Any 2 item plus a drink for 1 cs. Bottled drinks were included powerade or juice or chocolate milk. We had a 2 breakfast croissants (bacon, egg and cheese) and 2 french toast loafs that easily fed 4 of us. (Even my bottomless pit boys!!). We used snack credits for extra drinks. I believe the bill at MK bakery was $30 and we were charged 2 CS and 2 snacks. One of our better CS meals.

or did you order off the menu, i thought it came with cherry cobler for the dinner...

was the apple crisp and ice cream at ltt, did it come with the platter

or did you order off the menu, i thought it came with cherry cobler for the dinner

The night we were there the dessert was apple crisp. I beleive it is seasonal and subject to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter