DDP Guests Can Now Use Mobile Ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except like PP said, you don't actually have to wait until you're there to click I'm Here. Granted, I wouldn't be in line for a ride across the park. But click it before you walk that way, and you can stop and poke into a shop next door or something if it's not ready. I wouldn't go stand at the counter or even walk into the restaurant until you get the notification that it's ready.

Every time we used it we ordered while being at the restaurant. We would go in, scope the situation for seating, place the order, select "I'm here" and wait in an area out of the way until we were called.

Surprised no one yet posted anything like "How do I order alcohol through mobile ordering, and does every adult over the age of 21 that is ordering an alcoholic drink via the app have to show up and present ID at the pickup window????"

That will certainly gum up the works if Disney hasn't properly thought that process through. Watch for people to try and game the system immediately too.

Kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

I was excited to use this on our next trip. We eat at off times (usually have lunch around 11ish) so we will see how it goes.

Surprised no one yet posted anything like "How do I order alcohol through mobile ordering, and does every adult over the age of 21 that is ordering an alcoholic drink via the app have to show up and present ID at the pickup window????"

That will certainly gum up the works if Disney hasn't properly thought that process through. Watch for people to try and game the system immediately too.

All it says is you have to be 21 or older to pick up alcohol. I imagine that means showing ID. Not sure how many people game the system for a $7 Bud Light, but only time will tell.

I used the mobile ordering several times over marathon weekend and usually didn’t hit “I’m here” until we were approaching the restaurant. We had to wait some for our orders to come up, but it was still worth it not to have to stand in line behind the people who don’t look at the menu or ask their kids what they want until they get to the cashier. I plan to use it regularly over spring break and might hit I’m here a little earlier if the waits are longer than in January.

All it says is you have to be 21 or older to pick up alcohol. I imagine that means showing ID. Not sure how many people game the system for a $7 Bud Light, but only time will tell.

SO ............ if we are two adults and two teens (all adult meals) ........... are the credits still all pooled so they can't tell who-is-who? So I could order 4 meals, 4 beers and 2 waters. 2 beers each for us adults and kids drink water?

I have been in AK today and have used mobile ordering a couple times. I am not on a dining plan.

The app is still saying that only linked credit cards can be used. That might be because I don’t have a plan, but the note actually still says that dining plans cannot be used.

I have been in AK today and have used mobile ordering a couple times. I am not on a dining plan.

The app is still saying that only linked credit cards can be used. That might be because I don’t have a plan, but the note actually still says that dining plans cannot be used.
Did you update the APP?

I saw that, too. I figured because my trip (and dining plan) is not until next week that it didn't display. It only had my credit card as an option to pay right now.

Excited to try it out, though.

Well I am sure Disney has this all ironed out before putting it in motion...

WHY? Why do these comments always pop up just when I just drank some tea?

giphy.gif

This is not speeding up anything
Actually it is turning over tables faster which allows for greater sales potential

I saw that, too. I figured because my trip (and dining plan) is not until next week that it didn't display. It only had my credit card as an option to pay right now.

Excited to try it out, though.

I edited my response. An app update was made available sometime after I had last checked at noon. DDP mobile ordering is live now.

Anyone know how this works if you have more than 1 reservation under the same MDE account? Is there a way to select which room to take the credits from?

SO ............ if we are two adults and two teens (all adult meals) ........... are the credits still all pooled so they can't tell who-is-who? So I could order 4 meals, 4 beers and 2 waters. 2 beers each for us adults and kids drink water?

Can someone 21 and under even order those kind of drinks from the app?

I don’t know does it?
It doesn’t. A couple weeks ago I wanted a beer but didn’t want to wait in line. I mobile ordered it and had it in a flash! I didn’t get carded, but I’m 33 so as much as I would love to think I look under 21, I’m not delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter