DDP Guests Can Now Use Mobile Ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy for more people to have access, but not happy for more people to have access :duck:. I'm assuming the days of the short wait and clear advantage to mobile ordering are heading out the door.

Probably pointless now. Last week it was not running well with the crowds so now we add the DDP chaos ... guests can't even figure out how to use it at BOG. Seeing more packed sandwiches in my future. Did a mix of it last week and the picnics were so relaxing compared to the QS chaos.

Here is the irony ............. they are having problems with folks sending their family for a table while one person is in line, so the CMs at times are there to stop this. With mobile ordering, the CMs are directing you to go find a table and wait for your notification. Last week our family, and several around us sat there for 30 minutes waiting on our notifications. We took up tables the time it would take some other families to eat their whole meal. Then we waited for our meal with other families at the counter. Then we took up another 30 minutes to eat our meal.

This is not speeding up anything. Even with the longer lines, we would have had our food faster and we would not have been taking up a table. Mobile was great when it first started, then suddenly they are not keeping up with the orders as folks learned about it, AND now we are adding this to it. :sad2:

Last edited:
I'm super excited to try this when I'm there next week. I just wish that they would include an option to notify you when your meal is ready through the app or give you an order number (after you place the order) and have one of those signs like in McDonald's that tells you which orders are in process and which are ready. Maybe that could help alleviate people from crowding around the pick up window waiting for their meal to be ready. But there will always be those people who make things difficult.

Edit: I just read that they do notify you....I didn't realize that. Then I guess my suggestion is not going to help.

Last edited:
The way to use mobile order is to order it atleast 30-45 min before you are gonna eat. This way your not just sitting around waiting. Go shop grab a ride.. get your notification and head over to pick up the food. Sitting and waiting is stupid imo.

reading the poster above me.. is there no "your order is ready" notification? if not than thats a huge fail.

I'm super excited to try this when I'm there next week. I just wish that they would include an option to notify you when your meal is ready through the app or give you an order number (after you place the order) and have one of those signs like in McDonald's that tells you which orders are in process and which are ready. Maybe that could help alleviate people from crowding around the pick up window waiting for their meal to be ready. But there will always be those people who make things difficult.

They send a message when your order is ready for pickup.

There is an option to tell you your food is ready, that is the whole point. You place the order in the app, you can leave the window open and watch it and the app notifies you when it's ready. The page looks like below and moves to each bullet point as it progresses, then you are notified both on the app page and as an app banner notification.

People are not crowding around the window ......... all the people that were there when we ordered had been notified their food was ready for pick up. The CM was not able to keep up with the orders. NO GUESTS were making it difficult, Disney is creating the problem.

The way to use mobile order is to order it atleast 30-45 min before you are gonna eat. This way your not just sitting around waiting. Go shop grab a ride.. get your notification and head over to pick up the food. Sitting and waiting is stupid imo.

reading the poster above me.. is there no "your order is ready" notification? if not than thats a huge fail.

Not stupid because that is not how Disney has it set up to work. Yes you can "order" your food hours ahead if you want or 30 minutes or 10 minutes, for your convenience ...... but it changes nothing about how Disney will handle your order, it is simply your items in a hold pattern.

When you get to the restaurant you are to click the button that says "I'm here, prepare my order" which at that time they put your plates together, just as if you had just paid the cashier. They are to notify you on the app in the time it takes to make, just like you would wait in front of the counter. The procedure now and when it first started (we have used since day one) is you show the CM your photo order in prepare mode and they tell you to go get your table and wait to be notified. In practice you should gather your napkins, straws and condiments just in time to pick up your food. It's not working that way now that folks have found out about it, adding the DDP will only put more stress on it.

IMG_1713-750x675.jpg

MobileOrder4979862.jpg

Last edited:
The table holding is definitely an issue, but I don't think that is anything new. Having a CM there helps, but I find that they are not always there.

I'm surprised to hear some of you waiting 30-45 minutes for your order; we've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes. I'd assume some QS restaurants are better arranged for this service than others. I've only ordered at Satu'li Canteen at DAK, Rosie's at DHS, and Columbia Harbor House at MK. Satu'li Canteen is super fast but this is to be expected considering it was designed for it, Rosie's is also pretty fast.

Columbia Harbor House was the only one that was slower. It was the only time I've seen MANY people waiting for their order but I noticed there were quite a few there whose order wasn't even ready yet. Still - they seemed to have trouble keeping up. I have a feeling some of the QS restaurants may drop mobile order after a month or two with DDP and the increased demand/chaos it will bring. Maybe they'll open a second mobile order window at some locations. We'll see.

Darn. I was hoping to stick to non DDP until after our May trip. Oh well. Easy come, easy go. It’ll be interesting to see how this works.

Agreed. I was really excited to have a quick way to get food with two kids that get hangry quick. Hoping still it doesn’t get used by many. We always use mobile ordering at home, especially at chick fil a, and I’m always surprised how few use it.

There is an option to tell you your food is ready, that is the whole point. You place the order in the app, you can leave the window open and watch it and the app notifies you when it's ready. The page looks like below and moves to each bullet point as it progresses, then you are notified both on the app page and as an app banner notification.

People are not crowding around the window ......... all the people that were there when we ordered had been notified their food was ready for pick up. The CM was not able to keep up with the orders. NO GUESTS were making it difficult, Disney is creating the problem.

Not stupid because that is not how Disney has it set up to work. Yes you can "order" your food hours ahead if you want or 30 minutes or 10 minutes, for your convenience ...... but it changes nothing about how Disney will handle your order, it is simply your items in a hold pattern.

When you get to the restaurant you are to click the button that says "I'm here, prepare my order" which at that time they put your plates together, just as if you had just paid the cashier. They are to notify you on the app in the time it takes to make, just like you would wait in front of the counter. The procedure now and when it first started (we have used since day one) is you show the CM your photo order in prepare mode and they tell you to go get your table and wait to be notified. In practice you should gather your napkins, straws and condiments just in time to pick up your food. It's not working that way now that folks have found out about it, adding the DDP will only put more stress on it.

IMG_1713-750x675.jpg

MobileOrder4979862.jpg

Except like PP said, you don't actually have to wait until you're there to click I'm Here. Granted, I wouldn't be in line for a ride across the park. But click it before you walk that way, and you can stop and poke into a shop next door or something if it's not ready. I wouldn't go stand at the counter or even walk into the restaurant until you get the notification that it's ready.

I don't think in the beginning it will cause the lines to increase. Some folks still can't figure out how to use MDE! And there are those folks who have the dining plan but still want that person to person interaction. I am excited to try it this weekend. It helped us a lot during our December trip when the lines were crazy. Well I guess time will only tell.

Except like PP said, you don't actually have to wait until you're there to click I'm Here. Granted, I wouldn't be in line for a ride across the park. But click it before you walk that way, and you can stop and poke into a shop next door or something if it's not ready. I wouldn't go stand at the counter or even walk into the restaurant until you get the notification that it's ready.

Appreciate that but I am only stating Disney’s correct protocol.

Also the fact that until this trip our food was ready in minutes and I want to be there as soon as it comes out .... I am not going to be wandering back from somewhere else. Our food was barely edible this time, if I was elsewhere it would have been worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter