DDP and mobile ordering

Peppermint Ice

Mouseketeer
Everything I see online tells me that mobile orders are currently not accepting credits from the Disney Dining Plan. We recently landed a lunch ADR at Be Our Guest, and it specified that we can begin ordering for Nov 30th on Oct 31. I called Disney and a CM told me that we CAN do mobile ordering on the DDP for BOG and then pay with a DDP counter service credit when we pick up the food. I'm skeptical. Has anyone done this successfully?

Yes. This is different than the mobile ordering that you can do at other quick service locations. Go into MDE and find your BOG reservation. It will have a link that says "Place your order" or something like that. Just did it yesterday on the website. I can't remember if you have to do it on the website instead of the app. We've done this before and it saves a bunch of time when you arrive.

Yes. This is different than the mobile ordering that you can do at other quick service locations. Go into MDE and find your BOG reservation. It will have a link that says "Place your order" or something like that. Just did it yesterday on the website. I can't remember if you have to do it on the website instead of the app. We've done this before and it saves a bunch of time when you arrive.

Preorder at BOG is not the same as mobile ordering.
You can see right on the app that Disney says dining plan credits cannot yet be used for mobile ordering.
Since the word "yet" is in there I'm guessing and hoping that they have something in the works to be launched soon.

Preorder at BOG is not the same as mobile ordering.
You can see right on the app that Disney says dining plan credits cannot yet be used for mobile ordering.
Since the word "yet" is in there I'm guessing and hoping that they have something in the works to be launched soon.
Hopefully by 11/27.

Hopefully by 11/27.

Not likely.
My thought is no earlier than the first of the year.
Even then I'm opting to forgo the dining plan for my potential February trip because mobile ordering so so nice and I want to be able to use it.
I'm hopeful that it will be launched by my trip in December 2018.

Not likely.
My thought is no earlier than the first of the year.
Even then I'm opting to forgo the dining plan for my potential February trip because mobile ordering so so nice and I want to be able to use it.
I'm hopeful that it will be launched by my trip in December 2018.
Does the mobile ordering cut down on regular lines? Wondering if it won't matter much being on the DDP.

Does the mobile ordering cut down on regular lines? Wondering if it won't matter much being on the DDP.

I didn't see where it was cutting down on the regular lines in September.
It was so nice though. At Cosmic Ray's my sister and I found a seat and she mobile ordered on her phone and we sat and people watched for a couple minutes until she got the order ready alert, went up to the mobile order pick up area, and was back with the food in less than a minute.
Much better than one person having to stand in the line while the other holds the seat, or going up one at a time, or trying to looking for a seat after you have your tray of food.

Personally, I hope they DON'T open it up to DDP. It will do nothing but make it less efficient when you add the masses.

Personally, I hope they DON'T open it up to DDP. It will do nothing but make it less efficient when you add the masses.

True. I guess I actually agree with you there and could deal with having to wait in line on a dining plan.
However like I said it says "yet" so its coming.

It's not just the dining plan. You can't charge it to you room by Magic Band either. They are only accepting credit cards for mobile orders.
Also, mobile food ordering does not allow for any applicable discounts (AP/DVC/etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter