DDE questions?

DIS Veteran
New to this section of the boards so my apoligies if asking old questions!

I'm not 100% sold yet but I'm interested in DDE! (We have young kids that don't do well sitting down at restaurants and I'm tempted to go el cheapo and pack food for the parks.) Anyway, I plan on getting a FL resident annual pass and will want to do 2 Dec trips (ie one right before the pass expires). I'd like to get the $5 off DDE that you get with an annual pass but I've read DDE you need to order a couple of weeks before and it will begin when issued. (ie it will be inactive for use by my second trip). Can you get the $5 off your DDE with a purchased but not yet validated annual pass? If there is an onsite place to buy the DDE card, that would solve the timing issue as well.

Also, just double checking ....... I can valet for free (I'd tip of course) at Poly, CR and WL if I have breakfast or lunch reservations? Can I valet in the morning when I have a lunch PS? (Legal to hit the parks for a couple of hours before we do lunch?) That perk might tip the scales and make me do it!

Originally posted by 26555
New to this section of the boards so my apoligies if asking old questions!

I'm not 100% sold yet but I'm interested in DDE! (We have young kids that don't do well sitting down at restaurants and I'm tempted to go el cheapo and pack food for the parks.) Anyway, I plan on getting a FL resident annual pass and will want to do 2 Dec trips (ie one right before the pass expires). I'd like to get the $5 off DDE that you get with an annual pass but I've read DDE you need to order a couple of weeks before and it will begin when issued. (ie it will be inactive for use by my second trip). Can you get the $5 off your DDE with a purchased but not yet validated annual pass? If there is an onsite place to buy the DDE card, that would solve the timing issue as well.

Also, just double checking ....... I can valet for free (I'd tip of course) at Poly, CR and WL if I have breakfast or lunch reservations? Can I valet in the morning when I have a lunch PS? (Legal to hit the parks for a couple of hours before we do lunch?) That perk might tip the scales and make me do it!

Can't answer about the DDE.

As far as I know, valet parking is not free (unless you have valet parked at your resort overnight and paid there) or unless you are staying DVC and park at a DVC resort.

Ed

I read about the valet as part of the DDE perk. I guess not that many people do the DDE cards.

They do not offer the card on property and yes it will take 2-3 weeks to get it. They usually ask for the AP number to get the discount.

Valet parking at the resorts is $6. If you are dining and using the DDE card you do get free valet, just a tip is needed. Otherwise you will be charged whether you are dining or not.

Originally posted by Grumpy92
They do not offer the card on property and yes it will take 2-3 weeks to get it. They usually ask for the AP number to get the discount.

Valet parking at the resorts is $6. If you are dining and using the DDE card you do get free valet, just a tip is needed. Otherwise you will be charged whether you are dining or not.

I really have to move down to Florida. That DDE card looks better and better.:D

Ed

Originally posted by betterlatethannever
I really have to move down to Florida. That DDE card looks better and better.:D

Ed

I'm sorry Ed, you can't move here to Florida. We're all booked up and there's no room left. We're not doing overflow rates and I can't promise any cancellations! :rolleyes: :crazy:

You're out of luck bub! :teeth:

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
I'm sorry Ed, you can't move here to Florida. We're all booked up and there's no room left. We're not doing overflow rates and I can't promise any cancellations! :rolleyes: :crazy:

You're out of luck bub! :teeth:

:( Just my luck.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter