• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE...Booze included?..20%

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm debating getting the DDE...

Am I correct...costs 60 bucks...around...

I get 20% off for cocktails....does that include...pool bars..
espn....places at boardwalk...most restaurants...Hurricane hannahs...

I just added a night at BWV and I'm debating on getting the DDP..
for the 1st night....
Looks like so many choices at BWV area....It would be nice
to have 20% off at ALL those places....and
booze on the rest of the trip....
HELP....thanks
Kerri

Many pool bars don't take the DDE, but actual enclosed bars and restaurants do. The cost is $65. The DDE is good at table service restaurants, but not counter service, except at AK and the value resorts.

Remmber that you must be either a Florida resident or an Annual Passholder to get DDE, you can not get it by virtue of being a DVC member, only.

Many pool bars don't take the DDE, but actual enclosed bars and restaurants do. The cost is $65. The DDE is good at table service restaurants, but not counter service, except at AK and the value resorts.

Remmber that you must be either a Florida resident or an Annual Passholder to get DDE, you can not get it by virtue of being a DVC member, only.

Thanks....I do have an AP....

Where do I buy one?....Is it good at the Swolfin?....
Any pool bars included that you know of?
Thanks
Kerri

I've had it for at least 10 years. It's always been worth having, it quickly pays for itself (part of the reason I also like staying at the Pop Century - the value resort food courts accept it).

Thanks for the link Carol A:goodvibes

I think it will be worth it for our party just for booze:lmao:

Nevermind the flexibility to eat an extra table service and get
a discount....

I think I will order it right now....
Thanks everyone
Kerri

I think I will order it right now....
Just so you know, the card is good for 12-13 months (varies based on when you order it) and the clock starts when you purchase it. If you want to get as many trips as possible from one DDE card, you should order it as close as possible to your trip. It takes 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive so if you want the actual card, order it about a month before your trip. Otherwise, you can order it just before you leave and pick up a temporary card at the front of Epcot.

Thanks....Maybe I'll wait....
I'll be at the BW 1st...so I can just walk over....
Kerri

Just so you know, the card is good for 12-13 months (varies based on when you order it) and the clock starts when you purchase it. If you want to get as many trips as possible from one DDE card, you should order it as close as possible to your trip. It takes 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive so if you want the actual card, order it about a month before your trip. Otherwise, you can order it just before you leave and pick up a temporary card at the front of Epcot.
Lisa gives good advice, but I'm going to add my spin on it...

I don't let mine expire. I want the advance booking for things such as Party for the Senses, and other offers we get from time to time.
The F&W stuff is the biggie.

We go often enough where if we let it expire we would save about $65 every third or fourth year.
Only speaking for us, but that's not worth missing the associated benefits.

Booze?? We saved hundreds last year in booze discounts alone. :thumbsup2

MG

Booze?? We saved hundreds last year in booze discounts alone. :thumbsup2

MG

Cool. That sounds like my kind of vacation! :drinking1

I just bought a DDE card for the first time and it seems like a great deal. I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time.

The DDE is not good at pool bars, but it is good at the hotel bars. :goodvibes

Maistre Gracey - how do you find out about the advance bookings such as Party for the Senses? I've called DDE twice to add my e mail address to their list, but I've never received e mail or snail mail from them!!

Is it good at the bars at PI? At $8 for a Kungaloosh, the savings could really add up!

It's not good on DTD drinks (except at Raglan Road) but it does give you and your guests 50% admission to all PI clubs. :thumbsup2

I just came back from Disney and used it for the first time. We had the dining plan as well as the DDE. Be warned someplaces automatically charged me 18% tip when I used the card. I would get the receipt for the dining plan which I know included tip and then the other receipt would have the tip included most of the time and still leave space for you to tip again. I didn't realize it until I left a 38% tip on a lunch one day. It's definitley worth it you basically just safe the tip money.

When I was there in May, DDE worked at the food court at POR. I didn't think about using it there until the person in front of me at checkout used hers. When I asked about it, they said, yes, we take it here. :thumbsup2

Jerry

You can use it up to 10 guest on the same bill.

Also right now you can use it at Animal Kingdom counter service , but that will change at some point with the opening of the table service restaurant this year. !

We are fortune it enough to save the cost of the card the first 6 days. We will end up using it for 36 days total before it expires, and we will have been able to use it for 13 months.

Maistre Gracey - how do you find out about the advance bookings such as Party for the Senses? I've called DDE twice to add my e mail address to their list, but I've never received e mail or snail mail from them!!
I get the info from email, but they are few and far between. I'm hoping to get the F&W info before too long. I wish I could remember when I got it last year. :smokin:

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter