DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Congratulations 007 on Briton Raducanu winning the US Open. She managed to beat the Canadian player who cheated more than Serena did with the box coaching, but didn't get the point penalties like Serena. Even more fearless was them playing in a maskless stadium sans physical distancing.

And, I'm sure you're excited about Ronaldo scoring a goal back in the Premier League. :stir:

Congratulations 007 on Briton Raducanu winning the US Open.

And, I'm sure you're excited about Ronaldo scoring a goal back in the Premier League. :stir:
Cheers fella.....I thought she played an awesome game of "beating the opponent". I think her game management is phenomenal.

As for the Portuguese tart, I was reminding the Man U fans that he almost hit me on the head with a missed penalty at Upton Park, I just really can't remember the year. I just remember giving him proper grief from then on.

Good to see you again buddy.

Morning, folks.
Not a bad F1 race this weekend. Still have about an hour or so of Indycar to watch and that's looking pretty good too. So all in all, a good race weekend.
Now I just need some sleep.

Thoughts and vibes to anyone affected by those awful events 20 years ago. Still seems like it was yesterday, watching it with our hand over our mouths.

Does feel like yesterday. Some things are indelibly etched into our collective consciousness. That is one.

It certainly does. Still remember watching the second plane hit and trying to figure out what was going on.

I remember hearing the reports of a plane hitting the tower and thinking it must have been a single-engine propeller-type plane. Then when I heard about a second plane, I knew it wasn't an accident. Still gives me chills.

(Hurricane Larry - sounds more like an annoying cousin coming to visit rather than a weather bomb).

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Everything is OK with my place. I lost a tree in the back yard. Neighbours lost trees as well and one guy had his fence blow down. But as they say it could always be worse.

Glad you made it through ok. These storms are no joke.

There were no clouds, so no pretty colors, but I did get some pics, see below.

Nice shots! Looks like a beautiful morning.

Morning Gents.

Back to school this morning, but only for a week. Wish me luck.

Have a good Monday all.
Is it Monday? I just woke up (love my dogs, but sometimes... <bark!><bark!><bark!>

Good luck today! (Even though I suspect your Monday is almost done.)

good Monday
?????

Isn't that the same as good coffee or military intelligence or honest politician?

Just slightly (very slightly) more likely than a purple unicorn?

With that said...next Monday will be both good and bad for me. Good because I won't be at work. Bad, because I'll be coming back from the 3rd annual ride in memory of my daughter Shellie.
https://thesunflowerfoundation.org/3rdannualrideforlife/

Cheers fella.....I thought she played an awesome game of "beating the opponent". I think her game management is phenomenal.

As for the Portuguese tart, I was reminding the Man U fans that he almost hit me on the head with a missed penalty at Upton Park, I just really can't remember the year. I just remember giving him proper grief from then on.

Good to see you again buddy.

Portuguese tart! :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'll think that every time I see him play going forward.

Morning, Gents! Man was yesterday a Monday. I got to work, Neurology, and hit the ground running. I found out that a doctor and a nurse went out last week due to being tested positive for COVID. This is also on top of being short staffed. One of the staff members, a fellow front desk person, didn't make it into work until noon because he turned off his alarm and went back to sleep. I hadn't worked that hard at that location EVER. They usually don't let me do a lot because I'm a float, but yesterday? They needed me to do a lot more....and I stepped up. Grrrr! I was even called a saint for dealing with a difficult patient...by the patient's friend/sister/caseworker/whatever. That's right, I'm a saint, so bow down you lowly people! :teeth: (Stands in heroic pose with imaginary long hair fluttering in the wind) Today I'm supposed to be working from home, but this won't be set in stone until after 7:00 am. You see, 6:30 am is deadline to call for a float due to someone calling in sick, and if they need me somewhere, they'll call me at around 6:30/6:45 am to send me to an office. Let's hope I get to stay home today. Well, gotta get some breakfast in me, so have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

I remember hearing the reports of a plane hitting the tower and thinking it must have been a single-engine propeller-type plane. Then when I heard about a second plane, I knew it wasn't an accident. Still gives me chills.

I was in German language class when it happened and didn't find out until I went to the student union for breakfast. Like everyone else, I was shocked that it happened. Heck, I was t'd off beyond belief. At one point I spoke up loudly in the student union and said we needed to nuke someone....glad we didn't, but that's how mad I was. It's taken years for me to not be mad.

Nice shots! Looks like a beautiful morning.

Thanks. I'm going to try and get out early more often.

Morning Gents.

Back to school this morning, but only for a week. Wish me luck.

Have a good Monday all.

Hope you took an apple to the teacher.

With that said...next Monday will be both good and bad for me. Good because I won't be at work. Bad, because I'll be coming back from the 3rd annual ride in memory of my daughter Shellie.
https://thesunflowerfoundation.org/3rdannualrideforlife/

:hug::hug:

Well it was on the news HERE also. I remwmber thinking hope Jeff gets through okay. Knew you were close to the coast
Glad you made it okay.
Thanks for thinking of me Doc
I am a bit surprised it made your news, but I guess hurricanes always make news in Florida.

Well, I slept in and didn't make it down Cape this morning for some sunrise pics, little annoyed, but I did, however, make it down to the town dock and got some pics, which isn't far from where I live.
I visited Cape Cod with my family when I was 12, we stayed in Hyannis, I think. I liked it then. I would love to get back now since I would have a different perspective.

I was watching to see if it would hit you guys and heard this morning it had. I was wondering if you had power.
Power flickered once overnight but stayed on for most of it.

Thinking of you :hug:

Morning, boys.
On the agenda today is putting the pool to bed for the winter. An always fun, back breaking job. Looking forward to it. Yup. Fer sure.

I found out that a doctor and a nurse went out last week due to being tested positive for COVID. This is also on top of being short staffed. One of the staff members, a fellow front desk person, didn't make it into work until noon because he turned off his alarm and went back to sleep. I hadn't worked that hard at that location EVER.
Whoa. Good thing you didn't call in sick!
That's right, I'm a saint, so bow down you lowly people! :teeth: (Stands in heroic pose with imaginary long hair fluttering in the wind)
:worship:

All the best, Doc.

On the agenda today is putting the pool to bed for the winter. An always fun, back breaking job. Looking forward to it. Yup. Fer sure.

Let me know if you need help. I'll be upstairs, asleep.

Fellas! We made it to Wednesday....it's a downhill slide from here. Yesterday: I made it to 7am without a call to go to another office, so I got to work from home....that is until 10am. At 10am I got a call to head to an office because they were shorthanded, an office that's about 35 - 40 minutes away. I didn't mind, but can someone please get a bit more organized? Well, heading out early today, gents, so I'm going to cut this short. Have a good day.

I visited Cape Cod with my family when I was 12, we stayed in Hyannis, I think. I liked it then. I would love to get back now since I would have a different perspective.

Beautiful area, isn't it? If you ever plan a vacation this way again, let me know.

Morning, boys.

I think you're using the word "fun" wrong.

Whoa. Good thing you didn't call in sick!

Right?! I'm glad I didn't work with those two people.

(Stands in heroic pose and extends hand with ring on it) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter