DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've come to the realization that common sense isn't common.
Image result for this gif

Mmmmmm...poutine. My vote would be thin chips, but then again, that's always my vote. If I wanted a baked potato, I'd order a baked potato. If I order fries, I want them crisp. I need to find someplace local to get cheese curds or find some place that isn't Disney prices to get poutine.

I’ve been trying to get my local barbecue place to do a tri tip poutine. They have everything they need already on the menu, except the cheese curds. Then there is the burnt ends breakfast burrito idea. Someone just needs to merge barbecue, Mexican, and comfort food into one restaurant. Come on Disney, get on the stick!

And it was a mom vs step-mom thing as well. I've seen some shady stuff in divorce cases.

I spent my first three years as a divorce lawyer. Worst. Job. Ever. Saw so much weird and crazy stuff. Best one was the former spouse of my client who decided to get away from her and went as far away as possible—McMurdo Station, Antarctica. Getting paperwork out of Antarctica is a bear. Makes a tax audit fun.

No offense intended, but partly because of the litigious society we live in and many lawyers will find any way to make money. In this case, it might be the DA is trying to make a name for themselves, which will generate more money in the future.

OR

Absolutely no offense taken. So many idiot lawyers out there. Reminds me of the joke “what do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50?”

Your honor.

Just dropped off DD12 for the local Santa Claus parade. We have to wait an hour before it starts.

DW suggested stopping at Starbucks. She asked me “what are you getting”?

“Overcharged” I said.

I thought it was hilarious.

I also think I’ll be standing on the opposite side of the street from her for the parade.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday. My first world problem to share. In the midst of my bad run of deaths at the end of October, I missed my 11 month booking window. So, we are still booked at Boardwalk, but not the cheaper Standard View. This will be a first for us - 10 days in July followed by a week in October. I'm saving money with these Annual Passes. :scared1: :sad2:

I spent my first three years as a divorce lawyer. Worst. Job. Ever. Saw so much weird and crazy stuff. Best one was the former spouse of my client who decided to get away from her and went as far away as possible—McMurdo Station, Antarctica. Getting paperwork out of Antarctica is a bear. Makes a tax audit fun.

Well, you have to admire his effort. I hope there weren't children, otherwise, that makes him an even bigger jerk to not want to have contact with his children.

“Overcharged” I said.

Hilarious. :lmao::rotfl::lmao:

You could have went with "bad coffee".

Happy Sunday. My first world problem to share. In the midst of my bad run of deaths at the end of October, I missed my 11 month booking window. So, we are still booked at Boardwalk, but not the cheaper Standard View. This will be a first for us - 10 days in July followed by a week in October. I'm saving money with these Annual Passes. :scared1: :sad2:

Well, you have to admire his effort. I hope there weren't children, otherwise, that makes him an even bigger jerk to not want to have contact with his children.

“Overcharged” I said.

Evening Guys.

Another volleyball tournament in the books, another semi-final loss in the books. The good thing was our play was much better than it was last weekend.

Year end banquet for the soccer league last night and I have come to the realization that I'm not as young as I once was. Things were a little rough this morning.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Not sure which one of these I should reply to since you posted twice. :lmao:
Hope we can get together when you're down. Yeah, standard view is cheaper, but sorry you missed your 11 month window. :sad2:

Bad coffee....I guess you really felt redundant today.

Another volleyball tournament in the books, another semi-final loss in the books. The good thing was our play was much better than it was last weekend.
Sorry Darcy.

Year end banquet for the soccer league last night and I have come to the realization that I'm not as young as I once was. Things were a little rough this morning.
Wait? You're getting older too? What are the odds? :rotfl2:
I keep telling my wife, I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to grow up. ;)

Last edited:

Watching the 107th Grey Cup, @pkondz should be happy with the score. I’m trying to cheer for Hamilton so my curse doesn’t screw it up for the Blue Bombers.

Had a busy day today with the parade this morning and then got the Christmas lights up on the house this afternoon. Sadly the lights on my Mickey wreath didn’t work, so I have to take them off and replace them with a new string.

I didn’t get a great picture of DD in the parade but this one is ok and gives you an idea what her dance team was doing (she’s in the green dress on the left in the bottom pic). She was a bit upset they didn’t place in the “best of parade” awards but I think she enjoyed it anyway which is more important.

19EB5A6E-54C4-4C90-A216-81525C3A679C.jpegC1B6A8E9-FFB1-4264-B6A3-7982ABDB328E.jpeg

Her: Where's that silicone Hidden-Micky muffin pan that I got while we were down at The World?

Me: It's busy.

Her: Busy?

Me: Trust me...

Cheers Gents.

It's been 12 hours and no new pictures?
Sorry 'bout that Chief.

Been just a mite, ummmm... "preoccupied".
I'll clean up some of the pictures and toss some out across the next week.

Update on my job situation.
They agreed to my request for higher salary and I've gotten an updated offer letter. I have given notice to my current job and will be starting the new job the 2nd of December. Needless to say, my thanksgiving will be a bit more thankful. It will be less money than I'm currently making now, but I'm still very happy since I'll be doing my actual job (or what I thought this job would be).
Good to hear, sir.

And...
thanks again for sneaking us into the party a bit early.
You're a good Joe.

It's already been a good day. My wife signed me up for Zamboni Driving Lessons at the University of Delaware.
I s'pect you're happier then a seagull with a french fry.
They're going to have to get that grin you've still got plastered on your face surgically removed, aren't they?

Nope...
It ain't

“Overcharged” I said.
Correct...

Both of ya'...

Sadly the lights on my Mickey wreath didn’t work, so I have to take them off and replace them with a new string.
Sorry to hear that. Did you play taps first?

She was a bit upset they didn’t place in the “best of parade” awards but I think she enjoyed it anyway which is more important.
Again, sorry, but having fun is more important. She will likely remember having fun in the parade years later much more than if they'd "won". I still remember a game we played in scouts and although my dad and I didn't win, it is still a very fond memory.

She's married to you...this is not possible is it?

Good use of pan. :lmao:

And...
thanks again for sneaking us into the party a bit early.
You're a good Joe.
It was my pleasure, really it was...we enjoyed getting to hang out with y'all a bit and ride a couple rides. It's wonderful when you get to meet friends for the first time. Speaking of good Joes...if y'all ever get a chance to meet up with Rob and/or Tamara, take the opportunity...good folks!

Morning Dads! Happy short week Monday! Thanksgiving (US) is this Thursday, which means we all get to pull out our fat pants! Well, have a good day and I'll chat with everyone on during breaks.

Dang, that sucks. Sorry to hear it; hope they will reconsider soon.

Exactly. You definitely have to look out for yourself in this case. Bird in the hand and all that.

Hopefully a better job will be on the horizon, bust of luck.

That bites. I remember the days of working as a contract employee, glad I haven't had to do that in awhile.

Good luck.
Sorry to hear this. Best of luck with finding something long term.

Sorry to hear, hope things turn for the better.
That sucks. Praying your medical coding goal works out.

Well, that stinks. But, it is still a job at for the time being. Hope you find something soon.

Thanks, everyone, I do appreciate it. Something will come along, I know it. If there's one thing that's been constant throughout this whole thing is I've kept a good attitude about it. Sure, there have been down days, but I've been positive. Besides, the plus about this, which I've already mentioned, is that I don't have to worry about being secretive about finding work. My boss knows I have to look out for me, and knows that if I call in its because I'm probably at an interview. And docsoliday1, I'm hoping my medical coding works out, too. I've already taken the course and passed that, but because of having to find work, I haven't worked on it in months, so I have to re-study for the test. If I can pass this and get a job in medical coding, which is hard because everyone wants experience, the pay is pretty good...so, let's hope for me passing this.

Afternoon chaps from a soggy London. Cannot get going today, BS'd my way through a couple of conference calls, have an update with my boss in a bit. I feel a angling of the laptop towards the You tube screen in order from about 2PM. Will drag my sorry behind into the office tomorrow. Play with some Lego. Hopefully my mojo will return.

Thanksgiving (US) is this Thursday, which means we all get to pull out our fat pants!
Some of us will be pulling on our fat trousers, my friend. Fakesgiving is Saturday for us. Some of our best friends will be staying over, so that could get a bit messy. Or we could all be asleep by 11. It's 50/50.
Good luck with the job stuff, I'm sure something will work out.

Her: Where's that silicone Hidden-Micky muffin pan that I got while we were down at The World?

That's superhero level right there, my man. Bravo.

Greetings dads on this suckday.

Good thing is it doesn't suck as much because Wednesday is last day at this job and then stuff our face day and turkey sammich the day after day. Turns out the new job doesn't want me to start until the 9th (funding for position maybe, dunno), so I'll have the week after thanksgiving off. Planning on making it a KSC, funspot, Disney week. Too bad this didn't coincide with the week of DDCC8....that would be SWEET!

Last edited:
Afternoon chaps from a soggy London. Cannot get going today, BS'd my way through a couple of conference calls, have an update with my boss in a bit. I feel a angling of the laptop towards the You tube screen in order from about 2PM. Will drag my sorry behind into the office tomorrow. Play with some Lego. Hopefully my mojo will return.

Some of us will be pulling on our fat trousers, my friend. Fakesgiving is Saturday for us. Some of our best friends will be staying over, so that could get a bit messy. Or we could all be asleep by 11. It's 50/50.
Good luck with the job stuff, I'm sure something will work out.

That's superhero level right there, my man. Bravo.

Try not to break anything. :teeth:
Greetings dads on this suckday.

Good thing is it doesn't suck as much because Wednesday is last day at this job and then stuff our face day and turkey sammich the day after day. Turns out the new job doesn't want me to start until the 9th (funding for position maybe, dunno), so I'll have the week after thanksgiving off. Planning on making it a KSC, funspot, Disney week. Too bad this didn't coincide with the week of DDCC8....that would be SWEET!

Unplanned vacation! Sweet!

Absolutely no offense taken. So many idiot lawyers out there. Reminds me of the joke “what do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50?”

Your honor.

“Overcharged” I said.

The one-liner game in this group is strong! :rotfl:

I s'pect you're happier then a seagull with a french fry.
They're going to have to get that grin you've still got plastered on your face surgically removed, aren't they?

Rules of Life, #57: If ever given the opportunity to drive a zamboni, one must take it. Especially if one gets a free t-shirt, too.

Speaking of good Joes...if y'all ever get a chance to meet up with Rob and/or Tamara, take the opportunity...good folks!

This is true! Had a great dinner with them a couple of years ago. :thumbsup2

What makes Monday worse? A trip to the dentist. So, I took a sick day to recover from the trauma.

You're just now realizing that? I guess it's time to retire from your soccer league, but you still may qualify for MLS.

Not sure which one of these I should reply to since you posted twice. :lmao:
Hope we can get together when you're down. Yeah, standard view is cheaper, but sorry you missed your 11 month window. :sad2:

Not sure how I managed to post that twice. Perhaps the DisBoards also felt sorry for me in having to use more points. OKW is cheaper, but there is a reason we bought at Boardwalk - it's my favorite resort next to Bay Lake Tower. We'll be down there a lot of days and we should be able to get together.

View attachment 454623

That's a good use for it. What you drinking?

Morning Dads! Happy short week Monday! Thanksgiving (US) is this Thursday, which means we all get to pull out our fat pants! Well, have a good day and I'll chat with everyone on during breaks.

All my pants are fat pants. I'm hoping they will not be fat pants one day, but that is still a long journey.

Not sure how I managed to post that twice. Perhaps the DisBoards also felt sorry for me in having to use more points. OKW is cheaper, but there is a reason we bought at Boardwalk - it's my favorite resort next to Bay Lake Tower. We'll be down there a lot of days and we should be able to get together.
I hope so. Question is whether it will be just me or DW as well in July. She doesn't like the heat and may want to stay inside. ;)

All my pants are fat pants. I'm hoping they will not be fat pants one day, but that is still a long journey.
How's progress going with that? I know first hand keto works, just wondering how you're doing.

Top O the Mornin (sorry bit late) Dads! Looking forward to the extended break from work and having DS home for a few days. Need to complete the outdoor decorating with him home as well as have some just good father son time. For those on the other site, we have most of our indoor home holiday remodeling complete - just the main family tree this weekend while the boy is home. Did I say I was looking forward to the 5 day break?

View attachment 454623

Cheers Gents.
Great minds think alike. I saw that silicone Mickey muffin tray and picked one up to make ice blocks as I prefer my bourbon chilled but not watered down - they work great don;t they.
Morning All,

crappy weather day here, great way to start our busiest week of the year.

Have a good one all.
Hope you make it through the week, I know how those go.

How did it take me 10 years to find this forum?!!

Fun read - love that nobody takes themselves too seriously here. There is enough of that going on in the real world ;)

Son off to college this year - trying to handle empty nest syndrome. Avid DCL and DW fans - might have to do an adult only trip to cheer myself up :)

Have a good week and great holiday all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter