DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all from the road. Made it thru KY and TN in 3 hours and stopped for breakfast. Tried to stay keto, but I ate 1/3 of the hashbrown for 10 carb. First potato product in 35 days, and it was amazingly awesome. DW wanted to drive and now we are stuck in traffic. I blamed her.

No posts for 7+ hours? For shame. We made it. At one point, we did 120 miles in 3 hours as traffic was bumper to bumper, start n stop on the interstate. We finally bailed and went state roads. It took longer, but at least we were driving. I guess when 2 million people are on vacation, the interstate gets busy.

Dropped our bags in the condo and walked 1/4 mile on the beach to the Surf Hut for a terrific meal of bourbon, beer, raw oysters, grilled mahi, polynesian chimichurri sauce, vegetables, coleslaw, and Miller Lite. Probably not keto, but I was drunk and tired after the drive.

The view from our room for the rest of the week.

20191005_172851.jpg

And my carpy phone turned it sideways.

Hey All! It is a beautiful, Sunday. Had a busy Saturday, yesterday. It was Oktoberfest in a town near me, and my VFW Post, of which I'm the commander, and the Kiwanis Club run the beer tent. Unfortunately we ran out of beer. Yes, you read that right: We ran out of beer. Hey, don't blame me, I didn't order the beer. Thankfully we had one of my post members run out and get several cases of beer and a local craft brewery come to the rescue with several more cases of beer. I understand the thinking of not wanting to order too many kegs of beer, we had to send one back last year not long after tapping it, but you can never predict crowd levels. We've never used more than 3 kegs, so hopefully next year they'll listen to me and buy at least 3! Anyways, I had a blast helping to run it as well as listening to good German music.

Another beautiful day at the beach.

20191005_174207.jpg

Went to Mass, breakfast at the Whale Tail (a restaurant, not a strip club), grocery shopping, beach time, pool time, dinner at Surf Hut - grilled cobia, Cole slaw, & veggies. They have a polynesian chili sauce which is delicious, and I'm sure it's not Keto friendly. Going to try and find a tennis court tomorrow. This is how I'm ready to live full time.

Morning chaps from a slightly hungover London. Started at Noon yesterday in the pub with the UK Bears fans chapter, drank through 3 quarters of my team sucking and then 1 quarter of cheering. Then back to the pub and out at around 1130pm to get the train home. Many pints of Guiness perished for my enjoyment.

We ran out of beer.
Is this legal at an Oktoberfest?

good German music.
Not 3 words you often see together.
After Kraftwerk and Rammstein, I got nothing. David Hasselhoff? Have they adopted him yet?

Have a great day guys.

View attachment 442010

Went to Mass, breakfast at the Whale Tail (a restaurant, not a strip club), grocery shopping, beach time, pool time, dinner at Surf Hut - grilled cobia, Cole slaw, & veggies. They have a polynesian chili sauce which is delicious, and I'm sure it's not Keto friendly. Going to try and find a tennis court tomorrow. This is how I'm ready to live full time.
Good stuff buddy, looks like you're having a blast.

From the top of Mount Douglas, earlier today.View attachment 441911
Well that's very picturesque...

Morning chaps from a slightly hungover London. Started at Noon yesterday in the pub with the UK Bears fans chapter, drank through 3 quarters of my team sucking and then 1 quarter of cheering. Then back to the pub and out at around 1130pm to get the train home. Many pints of Guiness perished for my enjoyment.

Is this legal at an Oktoberfest?

I think it is illegal, however, I only poured the beer, I didn't order it, soo.....(jumps in car and drives off really fast)

londontime said:
Not 3 words you often see together.
After Kraftwerk and Rammstein, I got nothing. David Hasselhoff? Have they adopted him yet?

Have a great day guys.

Honestly I was being nice. The group they get isn't really isn't all that good, but I do love it when they sing "Ein prosit!" Ziggy, zaggy, ziggy, zaggy, oi, oi, oi! :teeth::teeth::teeth:🍻🍻

Hey, guys! Just found this thread! I'm a dad and I love Disney.
:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB CapeCodTenor! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #865!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Morning guys from a thundering and rainy Orlando. It's not often we get thunder boomers in the morning, but today is one of 'em.

Honestly I was being nice. The group they get isn't really isn't all that good, but I do love it when they sing "Ein prosit!" Ziggy, zaggy, ziggy, zaggy, oi, oi, oi! :teeth::teeth::teeth:🍻🍻
You need to join us for DDCC8. When you have about 30 (last year's numbers) dads all doing Oy Oy Oy heartily, it's fantastic. Also, singing happy birthday to folks in line as a group, frozen sing along and so many other really fun group activities we did. And I missed a lot of 'em, because I had to work and was only able to catch afternoons many times. It was still a blast!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads and Welcome back Randall - still getting spammed by the boss man reacting to posts :-) How about the Disney Skyliner mess this weekend? I never thought those things were a good idea but what do I know, juts glad nobody was hurt.
From the top of Mount Douglas, earlier today.View attachment 441911
Beautiful country for sure

View attachment 442010

Sounds like you're having a blast - enjoy!
Boy the Bears stunk up the joint yesterday - poor coaching and bad O line play. I say coaching cause why even risk running into the kicker and some other stupid penalties. Maybe get into London earlier than Friday too, the Raiders showed up on Monday. Sounds like you had a good time otherwise with the festivities - sounds like you got my message and had a few for mee.

Hi Boys, I'm Back!

Good trip. here are the positives and negatives...

Let's start with the negatives as there was only one: Hallowishes sucked! No longer a 360 degree display and not as long.

Positives: Smugglers Run, Epcot Forever and the gondolas before the incident.

I'm all caught up and... Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Happy Belated Birthday Norm !!!!
bacf843ed103160cf1f0faf70f87b8ac.jpg

October is starting off right! Weather is awesome, my wife and I are 2 days away from booking our second week for our May 2020 WDW trip (just waiting for our DVC 7-month window), 6 days away from a conference with the wife coming with me (and my folks watching the boy for 4 days), and 28 days until we're on the plane for 9 nights at Aulani. I love this time of year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter