DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday gents. Been unseasonably cold around my place this week, just a few degrees about freezing (if you're wondering, normal temps this time of year are about 15C/59F). Last evening we officially had the first white stuff fall from the sky for this season. It only lasted about 5 minutes but it wasn't nice to see. The local weather guy called it graupel which is apparently a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel
After 14 years of commuting from Cape Cod to Boston for work, a 2+ hour one-way commute, it was time for a change. Medical coding offers that opportunity to work from home, which is a huge draw for me.
Welcome to the club! Wow, 2 hours is a heck of a commute. I get annoyed if I'm stuck in traffic and it takes 20 minutes instead of the usual 11. I hope you have some luck with the career change.

So it’s been a long week And have officially given up hope on the lost purse. Ordered a new one today. So that should guarantee Disney finds the old one.
Darn, too bad the purse wasn't turned in.

CJ, gutted we can’t wish you happy birthday mate, you were taken from us far too soon.
Thanks for the reminder Dan. I like the avatar.
I'll have to raise a glass for CJ tonight. I don't think he'd mind that it will be rum instead of his Old Fashioned.

Last edited:
Thinking of you CJ.
Image result for old fashioned

Right. That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one in the Tambu Lounge for Old Fashioneds to raise one for CJ has to take on supporting the Dolphins. And I wouldn’t inflict that on anybody. We miss you buddy.

Besmirching various Princesses reputations will resume next week.
Ouch!
That was cold!

Disparaging princesses is one thing, but my team? Granted, they haven't been ANYTHING to be happy about for a long while, but they're still my team.

A busy day, wrapping up both jobs for vacation week, hair cut, cut grass, and went to the bank. An extra trip to the car wash as a car in front of hit a skunk, and my car got sprayed in the process.

There’s a whole “thing” about what you wear and how it identifies you as a fan at football. I don’t think I’ve got a west Ham shirt after about 25 years ago. I am looking forward to seeing dirty Spurs stadium though. As much as I hate to admit it, it looks frickin’ awesome.

Unwritten english soccer fan rules. I've heard it all.

Morning boys from a sunny but cold London.

CJ, gutted we can’t wish you happy birthday mate, you were taken from us far too soon.

Have a good day fellas.

DisDad CJ.jpg
My one and only picture/ meet with CJ at ESPN Cafe. Saw his birthday on FB as well.

Safe travels and enjoy!

Thanks.

Morning boys from a slightly overcast London. Hit the Bears pub last night for a couple, which was mobbed. I had to go as me and the Lady K had a thing, but at about 9 Peanut Tillman turned up for a signing and they started to toss out freebies. Hey ho. Its a nice vibe at the London Games, lots of colours out. In the city today, with some Chinese food later.

Ouch!
That was cold!

Disparaging princesses is one thing, but my team? Granted, they haven't been ANYTHING to be happy about for a long while, but they're still my team.
I was just trying to find a fan to fill CJ's spot buddy. Looking at the game on Sunday they are few and far between.

If I'd have wanted to be disparaging, I would have compared the Dolphins win column to Captain Hook's left hand. In that there's nothing where there should be digits.

Seems legit. Is this because Newfoundland doesn't have a McDonalds? I'd put that as a reason to live there.

Unwritten english soccer fan rules. I've heard it all.
Its about the hooligan thing. If you wear Stone Island, Fred Perry or any 80s "casual" gear, you are kinda sending out a signal you are ready for a tear up.

Just closed on house in Georgia. It is good to have money in the bank again and now, not having to pay two mortgages every month, I can start putting even more in savings!!!!!!!!
Can I borrow 20 bucks? I'm totally good for it. Just send me your bank details and SS number, I'll sort myself out.

An extra trip to the car wash as a car in front of hit a skunk, and my car got sprayed in the process.
Lets all take a moment for poor old Pepe.

pep.jpg
Have a great day fellas.

Last edited:
Morning Gents.

Nice fall morning here in the colonies. DW about to head out to run in a 3k charity run, it's raising money for a fund that was set up to honour one of the police officers that was killed here a year ago. I'm getting ready to put the deck furniture away for another year. If the weather holds we will head for a little hike down Zmack's way tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday all!

Morning all from the road. Made it thru KY and TN in 3 hours and stopped for breakfast. Tried to stay keto, but I ate 1/3 of the hashbrown for 10 carb. First potato product in 35 days, and it was amazingly awesome. DW wanted to drive and now we are stuck in traffic. I blamed her.

Well guys, I'm a happy camper.

Just closed on house in Georgia. It is good to have money in the bank again and now, not having to pay two mortgages every month, I can start putting even more in savings!!!!!!!!

Happy happy, joy joy!

Congrats Doc.

Lets all take a moment for poor old Pepe.

After two car washes and parked outside last night, there is still a slight smell to it. Thankfully, it doesn't smell inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter