DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon from your friendly NYC commuter...

Weather finally starting to turn our way, and by “our” I mean people with grills.

My ladies have unexpectedly been progressing in the playoffs. Meaning longer days in the office, weekends away (Rochester last weekend was a treat) and more ruggers than I’d budgeted for in my credit line from the IronWifey Bank of My House. I would be screwed had I not married a 2nd Row...

I’ve just signed on for Dopey 2020 b/c as some have previously established, I like the hurt... What’s the deal with the congregation of Dads during that week?

Anyone got a big Spring on tap? Adventures beyond the House of Mouse?
If you mean the group of dads around the marathon weekend, it's the annual dis dads club convention (DDCC).
it started out with a few guys (some who ran the races) and it grew and grew. There are still some (and their families) that run it. Just a time to get together and have fun. Also did (well I couldn't because I had to work) Give kids the world. A lot of fun.

Nothing until June, really. The older kids get back from college in early May, and then younger son goes to summer camp in Marin on Father's Day. (Ah, for the days when we dropped all three of them off there for the week...best Father's Day present ever.) We're planning a trip down to LA while he's there so wife can watch a Dodgers game and the California League All-Star Game. Tempting as it may be, we're avoiding the madhouse that will be Anaheim two weeks after Galaxy's Edge opens.

We'll be spending a week in California--San Francisco and Yosemite. Can't wait!

Enjoy! SF is lovely country - we really should get up there more often. (It's up the road about 45 minutes from us...well, to the edge. Then another half hour at least to get anywhere.) We need to hit Yosemite at some point as well.

Morning chaps from a bright but cold London. Busy day yesterday playing with Lego. We have a kids party in the office, so the young un's got to come to work with me, have a bacon sandwich, play in inflatable pools full of the bricks, and loads of other activities. It's nice, as they could say it's too much bother and not do it, but they stick their hand in their pocket and make the effort. The kids came away with a couple of Cadbury's finest and a Lego set worth about £40, so they had a good day. Then down the local Italian last night for a cheeky Calzone and a few Peroni's it was my mum's partners birthday. We bought him a bottle of Makers 46, and in a gentlemanly style he cracked it open when we got home. It's pretty good stuff.
in the local comic book store today, so a few quid dropped there.

I've been waiting for Dan to call it, he must be busy playing with Lego. So here it is, work week is over, last one standing at Trader Sam's after a few rounds of
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum has to take Sheila home, be carful, she has been known to turn balls blue. Have a great Weekend.
Sorry Rob, due to the kids party I had to do an whole days work in the afternoon, and everyone is trying to force stuff through the pipeline before Easter so had to get about 10 shops on the books. nice job on the call there mate, you can sub in anytime you like. I was running out of female characters to denigrate anyways.

Weather finally starting to turn our way, and by “our” I mean people with grills.
My brisket for next weekend is on order with my Butcher, nothing like a bit of low n slow over the easter break. Grill on,my man. What's on the menu?

Been there, got married there...
Honeymooned there......
We did a bit of a loop - into San Diego then La Jolla then Palm Springs then Vegas then Yosemite then SF then Napa then Santa Monica. Still probably our favourite trip. For many reasons. Didn't get much of a tan though ;)

Have a splendid day gentlemen, may your Vitamin R dose be above the RDA.

Afternoon all. Back from a successful trip to the parents' place. Got DS a suit, had the obligatory visit and DS's girlfriend survived.

Spending the rest of the day watching some soccer, golf, baseball, basketball and hockey. Going to have a poor man's Lapu Lapu in a bit and enjoy the evening.

Have a good one.

Day 18 and shift 21 in a row. Four more to go before 2 days off. I think I'm going to have to say no if they ask me to work them. Need to get ready for the trip.
Maybe even... dare I say it?

Rest.

Busy day yesterday playing with Lego.

You, poor, poor guy.

We have a kids party in the office, so the young un's got to come to work with me, have a bacon sandwich, play in inflatable pools full of the bricks, and loads of other activities.

That sounds great!

The kids came away with a couple of Cadbury's finest and a Lego set worth about £40, so they had a good day

Wow! Can I come play, next time?

Then down the local Italian last night for a cheeky Calzone and a few Peroni's it was my mum's partners birthday. We bought him a bottle of Makers 46, and in a gentlemanly style he cracked it open when we got home. It's pretty good stuff.

Nice evening too. :)

in the local comic book store today, so a few quid dropped there.

Man... I haven't been in a comic store in... eons.

Nah mate, he got defeated by Dr Brexit.

:lmao:

Got DS a suit

First one?

A proud dad bragging moment. Our HS tennis coach is terrible, and we have only played 3 matches thus far compared to 10 matches for other teams. And, my daughter lost her first two matches. However, on the 3rd match, she beat the overall #2 player in the region.

I’ve just signed on for Dopey 2020 b/c as some have previously established, I like the hurt... What’s the deal with the congregation of Dads during that week?

Annual DisDad Club Convention. Some run. Some drink rum.

A proud dad bragging moment. Our HS tennis coach is terrible, and we have only played 3 matches thus far compared to 10 matches for other teams. And, my daughter lost her first two matches. However, on the 3rd match, she beat the overall #2 player in the region.

Nice! Well done.

Evening all, replaced the hub assembly and front brakes on the van today. Took longer than necessary due to a defective part that I didn't notice was bad until I had it installed thus doing the job twice.

Morning chaps from a bright but cold London. St George's Day here today, which IMHO is woefully under-celebrated. St Paddys, Andrews, Davids all marked in the respective countries with a national day off, but poor old Georgie gets diddly squat.
Off to Rome tomorrow for a couple of days with work. I see Morretti, Good Pizza and Gelato in my near future.

Morning folks.
Too dang early.
Morning sunshine.
What am I missing here?
Me and Randall are being Comic Store geeks. Brian Braddock (of Braddock Manor) is the alter ego of Captain Britain.

Have a great Sunday chaps, may your Roast beef be just the right side of rare. For God, England and St George!

And, my daughter lost her first two matches. However, on the 3rd match, she beat the overall #2 player in the region.
Congrats to the young un, buddy. Did you see West Ham get robbed by the ref last night?
Got DS a suit, had the obligatory visit and DS's girlfriend survived.
Did I miss a step, is this for Prom or suchlike?
Wow! Can I come play, next time?
Not if I can't go on the lawn.
Man... I haven't been in a comic store in... eons.
The guy who runs it is a lovely bloke, we try and support our local shops, otherwise we just gonna end up with mall stores everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter