DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And in KY political news, the legislature passed a bill that made changes to employees hired after 2014, but did not change my retirement. Following Spring Break, the Governor vetoed it today because it didn't steal pensions from enough employees. He will call a special session to waste more $ for another bill. And, in non-related news, UL authorized $71 Million for 2 new buildings. And I thought there wasn't money. :furious:

Good morning from a snow covered Westfield NB. We got about 5 inches of snow last night, been plowing for about 7hrs another 2hrs and I'm done.Happy Tuesday

Snow? Happy? Are you drunk?

You keeping using those words (snow and happy).

I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

He's drunk.

Wow they certainly keep you busy:scared1:. They need to get you a couple helpers:scratchin what happens if you call out sick or go on vacation:confused3

Luckily, there's a staff. But.. right now we have two people gone on bereavement leave so we're running short. Tonight is my 13th shift since April 1st. Looking forward to maybe (Maybe!) having a day off on Thursday. Then back at it on Friday for 6 more shifts.

A new episode of Oak Island comes on at 9:happytv:. Maybe they will find some coconut fibers that may have been dropped by a migrating bird possibly a swallow hundreds of years ago:confused3 could they have been part of a whole coconut cut in half and used by the Knights Templar to make horse hoof sounds as they moved around the island:scratchin.:rotfl2:

Actually I kinda found tonight's interesting. They didn't find anything of real interest it seemed, but... the story evolved a bit.

Morning, gents.
A slightly cool (-4C/25F) morning. But no snow!
Just under two hours until I'm done with work and headed home for a snooze.
Tomorrow is the day off. First one since March 26 and last one until April 18th.
I wonder if I'll actually get it off? I'm figuring about 50/50 chance I'll get called in.
Vacation can't come soon enough. Three more weeks!

Morning everyone form a snow covered Westfield NB. Just got done plowing, hoping this is the last one, time for
winter to go. :wave::wave: Happy Wednesday :D

And... I spoke too soon.
It just started snowing...

Nooooo. :sad: Winter needs to go.

OK Mother Nature you can paint a pretty picture with your snow in the winter but enough is enough. You let winter come early and now she's staying late, it's time to go, she's overstayed her welcome.

No longer welcome here either.

Last edited:
And in KY political news, the legislature passed a bill that made changes to employees hired after 2014, but did not change my retirement. Following Spring Break, the Governor vetoed it today because it didn't steal pensions from enough employees. He will call a special session to waste more $ for another bill. And, in non-related news, UL authorized $71 Million for 2 new buildings. And I thought there wasn't money. :furious:

I saw that. Hope it works out to the best for you. Unfortunately, the current crop of officials while not stealing (as much) money as many previous administrations they are still basing projections on faulty data. We aren't going to be earning 9% rate of return on average. Too bad they can't go after the crooks that didn't put the money into the system as required by law. It is the same with the Social Security...not a benefit but $$$ I am theoretically entitled to since I paid into it as did my employer. When it was first instituted it wasn't planned as people's only source of income and people weren't expected to live more than a couple of years after retirement. As life expectancy went up they never changed the system and people began thinking of it as their main, if not only, retirement income.

The excrement will hit the ventilation enhancement device at some point. It has to because it is a house of cards. Later rather than sooner I hope. I feel bad for the kids which is why I have tried to teach them to do for themselves rather than rely on the government. Tried, and not succeeded, but they tell me once kids get out the teen years they tend to make smarter decisions so I want to live long enough to see that.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DS should be meeting me here at the office in about another 20 minutes and then off to Chicago for SW Convention. The even has different main panel presentation that you had to lottery for as 7500 can attend the panel while they are expecting 70,000 this weekend :yoda::crazy2: We won the Episode IX panel so will likely be the first to here the new movie title and see the trailer. Have a good one guys and for those at the other place I'll post some pics there as it is easier on the phone.
Sorry to hear they are still messing with this Norm - hope it all works out for you and others.
He's drunk.
The Governor, sounds like it.
OK Mother Nature you can paint a pretty picture with your snow in the winter but enough is enough. You let winter come early and now she's staying late, it's time to go, she's overstayed her welcome.
Hey Dan - definately sounds like some material here for when you call it on Friday.

Evening all been busy the past several weeks with uncertainty with work due to flooding and rail service to the plant suspended temporarily. Was worried that i was going to get stuck working 12 hour shifts with no days off for awhile but the river went down and everything is just now starting to get back to normal. Now it's time to start working on projects around the house.

I got the life long drink package at 18, trying to get my moneys worth. :D ::yes:: :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Too bad there wasn't a price for an all inclusive plan.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I saw that. Hope it works out to the best for you. Unfortunately, the current crop of officials while not stealing (as much) money as many previous administrations they are still basing projections on faulty data. We aren't going to be earning 9% rate of return on average. Too bad they can't go after the crooks that didn't put the money into the system as required by law. It is the same with the Social Security...not a benefit but $$$ I am theoretically entitled to since I paid into it as did my employer. When it was first instituted it wasn't planned as people's only source of income and people weren't expected to live more than a couple of years after retirement. As life expectancy went up they never changed the system and people began thinking of it as their main, if not only, retirement income.

The excrement will hit the ventilation enhancement device at some point. It has to because it is a house of cards. Later rather than sooner I hope. I feel bad for the kids which is why I have tried to teach them to do for themselves rather than rely on the government. Tried, and not succeeded, but they tell me once kids get out the teen years they tend to make smarter decisions so I want to live long enough to see that.

The solution to social security would just have been to match the eligibility age with life expectancy. Same for Medicare.

I get that the pension plan was botched by the last three administrations. But, it was still contractually my money in that system with pay at years of service. It would be like signing a 20 year loan payment on the house, and once your two years away, the bank decides that you owe another 10 years on it.

Just like social security, there are easy future fixes, but no elected representative wants to do so. The more difficult issue is to find the funding to offset their errors. That is more difficult, however still tenable if all different options are considered.

Sorry to hear they are still messing with this Norm - hope it all works out for you and others.

The Governor, sounds like it.
y.

Thanks, me too.

Whaddaya mean “almost”?? o_O
we-are-the-kings-of-winter_o_2617925.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter