DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Eating right isn't all it is cracked up to be. Genetics will probably get you first. As long as it isn't coconut or pecan, save me a piece of pie.
Agreed on eating right...especially since much of the conventional information on what eating right looks like was based on a bogus(falsified) study. You can also get different "experts" disagreeing.

Oh wow, you just slammed two of my favorites...
Pecan pie is my favorite and coconut cream pie is easily in the top 10. Maybe top 5.

At least I won't have to share my piece of the pie with you (unless the democrats decide you deserve my pie more than I do) :lmao:

Morning gents.
It's a brand new day out there. Time to get off your butts and start exercising and eating right!

Me? I'm gonna sit in a recliner and see if there's any pie.
I hear Norm might have a treadmill in case you change your mind. Then he won't have to move it upstairs. Unfortunately, that would mean he'd lose his laundry rack.

Last edited:
OffensiveLazyIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif
Proof positive if they're cute enough, thieves don't get prosecuted. ;)

Good day all,

Finally made it back to the office and everything is still here. Now to catch up.

Dropped DW and DS off at the airport for their abbreviated trip to Toronto for a Raptors game tonight and back tomorrow. They were suppose to leave yesterday but a storm cancelled the flight.

While I was away DS made his university decision; he has opted to stay at home and attend the University of New Brunswick. When I asked why he said he wasn't ready to leave home yet. Glad to see him make the decision now rather than after he left. As for basketball, he said he would work out with his coach all summer and see what happens in the fall.

And for the record there is nothing wrong with coconut or coconut cream pie.

Good day all,

Finally made it back to the office and everything is still here. Now to catch up.

Dropped DW and DS off at the airport for their abbreviated trip to Toronto for a Raptors game tonight and back tomorrow. They were suppose to leave yesterday but a storm cancelled the flight.

While I was away DS made his university decision; he has opted to stay at home and attend the University of New Brunswick. When I asked why he said he wasn't ready to leave home yet. Glad to see him make the decision now rather than after he left. As for basketball, he said he would work out with his coach all summer and see what happens in the fall.

Wise move by your DS. I did 2 years at the local community college before going on and it was a good move for me. My DS can't wait to get out of KY but in his case it may be his best move.

And for the record, there is nothing right with coconut cream pie.

Afternoon fellas, a bit late stopping by today. 4 days to go, thank the maker. Trying to get caught up at work, get tax filing going before we head out. Have a good one gents. With all the talk of eating right I must say me and the kids were sharing pics back and forth of good eats at DaWorld so you all make me laugh as we ain't gonna worry one bit about what we eat and drink :rotfl2:

The family did but the cat has been a bit standoffish.
Not a fan of cats so that wouold be good by me.
Oh wow, you just slammed two of my favorites...
Pecan pie is my favorite and coconut cream pie is easily in the top 10. Maybe top 5.
I'm with ya - pecan and coconut cream are two of the top 5 in my book.

Congrats to Declan on the decision and launching his college years :thumbsup2

A heart cath is almost a routine procedure anymore (as long as it is someone else going through it.)

Truer words were never spoken.

It's a brand new day out there. Time to get off your butts and start exercising and eating right!

I'll do it tomorrow.

You keep pie in your recliner?

As long as it isn't coconut or pecan, save me a piece of pie.

Coconut is a spawn of the devil. And pecan? That’s not pie. That’s just nuts.

And for the record, there is nothing right with coconut cream pie.

I'm with you guys. Coconut is in the "Anti-Bacon" category: foods that make everything worse. It holds a place of honor next to the raisins.

While I was away DS made his university decision; he has opted to stay at home and attend the University of New Brunswick.

Excellent! Hope he has a rewarding experience while continuing to eat everything in your pantry nightly.

I'm gonna sit in a recliner and see if there's any pie.
You had me at pie.

For the record, I enjoy lemon meringue as much as anything. Sadly every other person in my house things lemon stuff is disgusting so, as much as I would enjoy eating an entire lemon pie myself, I rarely get to have it.

Good to hear he made the decision. There's nothing wrong with staying home for a while, especially if you feel you're not ready.

Afternoon fellas, a bit late stopping by today. 4 days to go, thank the maker. Trying to get caught up at work, get tax filing going before we head out. Have a good one gents. With all the talk of eating right I must say me and the kids were sharing pics back and forth of good eats at DaWorld so you all make me laugh as we ain't gonna worry one bit about what we eat and drink :rotfl2:

Not a fan of cats so that wouold be good by me.

I'm with ya - pecan and coconut cream are two of the top 5 in my book.

Congrats to Declan on the decision and launching his college years :thumbsup2

Well, I'm.not sure what food pics y'all exchanged or your plans, but I have a few suggestions...
Brisket poutine at refreshment port in EPCOT.

Cinnamon roll at Kusafiri cafe in AK

Ribs at ABC commissary in HS. Although I'm not a rib person, but DW liked them, it was a good sized portion and they were falling off the bone.

Tiffins.

Cali grill brunch

Biergarten

Evening chaps from a cold but clear London. Only 2 days in so obviously early days, but right now, it looks like I hit a bit of a jackpot on the job. I got to pick a free set to take home day 1, where they had an employee exclusive Xmas set that currently goes for about £300 on ebay, and today I got free tickets to Legoland just west of London for an Lego employees only day on Saturday, so we'll pretty much have the park to ourselves. And they are paying me to go to Shanghai Disney in 6 weeks.

On the not so good side, our TV in the back room packed up tonight, so off to amazon I go. Making do in the front room.

I suppose it's something most all young adults have to get out of their system.
::yes:: Sending good vibes buddy.
I'm sure I will. And that wasn't the worst part of my week, spent most of Friday and Saturday as a guest of Chez Local Hospital. Had another Afib episode and went to get checked out, they had me stay overnight to do a stress test on my heart. Was no different result than the my 2017 visit, but ended up with a couple of new prescriptions. There's talk of having to do a heart catheterization, but i'm hoping the new meds will help me avoid that.
Yipee. :lmao:
Yeesh. Look after yourself there fella, you've got international meet up obligations to fulfil. All the best.
I read that as Mission Space, and couldn't figure out how you got a flight home directly from Epcot. I really need a vacation.
:rotfl:
The family did but the cat has been a bit standoffish.
I try and "out-meh" my cat by ignoring him a bit. I rarely win. Welcome back my friend.
and have the Scottish commentator. Can't understand a word he says, but he sure is excited.
If you work it out, let me know.....
How about a Monday at -1F and a 16 hour shift after 5 hours of sleep?
:hug:
Ha! But my co-worker (who just arrived for her evening shift) has it worse. She has a full shift ahead of her while I only have half a shift to go!
(Please disregard that we both have 8 hours ahead of us)
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
I'm sure I'd be a bit worried the first time my kids go out.
G Man is only 8, and we are talking about it. We are of the view we are happier with him going into the middle of London than the local town. Too many boys spoiling for a fight in the provinces.
We ended up doing TSM. Although it may not be the best score by any stretch, at least it was the top score for the hour.
Nice score, and best regards to the lovely Mrs Doc.
Sitting in a recliner takes effort (exercise) and pie is always eating right.
Pecan pie is my favorite
Amen. And double amen on Lemon meringue
Coconut is in the "Anti-Bacon" category: foods that make everything worse.
There goes my suggestion of a coconut snack in the middle of a soccer game in London.
While I was away DS made his university decision; he has opted to stay at home and attend the University of New Brunswick.
All the best to Declan, he's head is screwed on right, I'm sure he's making the right decision. I bet his mum is pleased as well.
:thumbsup2

Have a great day chaps.

I'll do it tomorrow.

You keep pie in your recliner?

Truer words were never spoken..
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Evening chaps from a cold but clear London. Only 2 days in so obviously early days, but right now, it looks like I hit a bit of a jackpot on the job. I got to pick a free set to take home day 1, where they had an employee exclusive Xmas set that currently goes for about £300 on ebay, and today I got free tickets to Legoland just west of London for an Lego employees only day on Saturday, so we'll pretty much have the park to ourselves. And they are paying me to go to Shanghai Disney in 6 weeks.
:worship::shamrock::worship::shamrock: Sounds like a great landing for you Dan - congrats!

You had me at pie.

For the record, I enjoy lemon meringue as much as anything. Sadly every other person in my house things lemon stuff is disgusting so, as much as I would enjoy eating an entire lemon pie myself, I rarely get to have it.

Good to hear he made the decision. There's nothing wrong with staying home for a while, especially if you feel you're not ready.

Lemon meringue may be my top choice and I could finish one of myself. SWMBO told me she was known for her pies when we started dating but I could count on one hand how many she has made in the 26 years we've been together. :sad2:

Well, I'm.not sure what food pics y'all exchanged or your plans, but I have a few suggestions...
Brisket poutine at refreshment port in EPCOT.

Ribs at ABC commissary in HS. Although I'm not a rib person, but DW liked them, it was a good sized portion and they were falling off the bone.

Tiffins.

Cali grill brunch

Biergarten

Never had poutine. I'll add the troll horn or the berry cream puff from Kringla Bakeri as great options. I know I am in the minority but I have to disagree on the Biergraten...been there twice and its the one place I refuse to go back to again.

Last edited:
told my wife I'd never been on A$$. Guess what she wanted to ride. Doh! Me and my big mouth.

Say hi to the Mrs.

That's my job. I sit in the recliner quite well.

I was on the table at 8 AM on a Friday, they had found 3 blockages by 9:30, put the stents in and I was in a room by noon. Checked out before lunch Saturday and feeling great by Sunday morning. It is amazing what happens when the heart gets the blood it needs. Back at work Monday AM with no restrictions. I think if they go through the groin it is a little longer but they went through my wrist.

Drive thru medical care. Did you get fries with that?

I hear Norm might have a treadmill in case you change your mind. Then he won't have to move it upstairs. Unfortunately, that would mean he'd lose his laundry rack.

Yes, I knock the dust off it with the laundry.

Coconut is a spawn of the devil. And pecan? That’s not pie. That’s just nuts.

Then, there is derby pie. Or, to get by trademark, chocolate chip pecan pie. Now that is amazing stuff.

Good decision for him, as long as you are ok with him being at home.

Wise move by your DS. I did 2 years at the local community college before going on and it was a good move for me. My DS can't wait to get out of KY but in his case it may be his best move.

Smart move getting out of KY. Best advice someone could have given me 20 years ago.

Yes, lemon meringue pie is excellent.

Good score.

Lemon meringue may be my top choice and I could finish one of myself. SWMBO told me she was known for her pies when we started dating but I could count on one hand how many she has made in the 26 years we've been together. :sad2:

:lmao: Not making pies after promising to do so may be grounds for an annulment.

All the best to Declan, he's head is screwed on right, I'm sure he's making the right decision. I bet his mum is pleased as well.

I missed this, who did you go to work with.

We are both pleased, given it is our alma mater.

Good decision for him, as long as you are ok with him being at home.

I am. To be honest I wasn't ready for him to go as well

Evening all it's been busy around the house and I haven't been on much but it looks like I showed up just in time for the pie discussion. I can't stand lemon or coconut, i can tolerate pecan. My favorites are apple and pumpkin.

On the not so good side, our TV in the back room packed up tonight, so off to amazon I go. Making do in the front room.

::yes:: Sending good vibes buddy.

Yeesh. Look after yourself there fella, you've got international meet up obligations to fulfil. All the best.

:rotfl:

I try and "out-meh" my cat by ignoring him a bit. I rarely win. Welcome back my friend.

If you work it out, let me know.....

:hug:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

G Man is only 8, and we are talking about it. We are of the view we are happier with him going into the middle of London than the local town. Too many boys spoiling for a fight in the provinces.

Nice score, and best regards to the lovely Mrs Doc.

Sitting in a recliner takes effort (exercise) and pie is always eating right.

Amen. And double amen on Lemon meringue

There goes my suggestion of a coconut snack in the middle of a soccer game in London.

:thumbsup2

Have a great day chaps.
If you need a good IT guy in the Orlando office or one who works remotely, I'm all in for free legos. My niece works at Lego land in Winter Haven and she gets a good discount, but free is better!
Any you care to bring with you in August will be merrily taken off your hands.

Speaking of Merry @Cinderella's Fella , is there a Pippinland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter