DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Friday. Oldest made it to Regionals today for swim meet. Don't think she will make state cuts as she has spent more time working this year. So, my Friday starts after a long day of swim meet.

Been off the boards (mostly) for a couple days. I could go back and see what was happening... but I'm not going to.

Classic disdad effort.

Happy Friday guys! I'm calling it early (well will be done before Dan calls it). Worked 6 hours last Saturday and they want me to stay at 40 for this project. Will be leaving in an hour!!!

Friday for the win!!!

Disney After Dark, it's a hard ticket event.
Very small crowd , we rode
SDMTx5
PP x 6
WTP x 3
BUZZ x 7
Splash x 1
Met 4 princess
Plus had free Mickey Bars and drinks x2
It was 3 fun filled hours.
Bonus , we walked out slowly and got some great pics of an empty park
:jumping1:

Had to figure out Peter Pan flights. Never did one of those ticket events, but is a great way to ride what you want. When we started doing MNNSHPs, the crowds were low and tickets were cheap. Now, tickets are high and the park is just as crowded.

Happy Friday guys! I'm calling it early (well will be done before Dan calls it). Worked 6 hours last Saturday
and they want me to stay at 40 for this project. Will be leaving in an hour!!!
Well that jus' saved me a whole bunch a' thinkin'. Nice one Doc.

Have a great weekend chaps.

I would look back at the news, but, you know, meh.
Pixie dust, Bacon, Dole Whips etc etc.

Disney After Hours.

Ah, so that's it. Mystery solved.

Disney After Dark, it's a hard ticket event.
Very small crowd , we rode
SDMTx5
PP x 6
WTP x 3
BUZZ x 7
Splash x 1
Met 4 princess
Plus had free Mickey Bars and drinks x2
It was 3 fun filled hours.
Bonus , we walked out slowly and got some great pics of an empty park
:jumping1:

Sounds like a great time. I'd just be too cheap to spring for it.

One chance to catch up on sleep and DW decides to text me at 7am.
Whelp, I'm up now!

Aw, come on! That's so not right.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

Well that jus' saved me a whole bunch a' thinkin'. Nice one Doc.

Have a great weekend chaps.

I would look back at the news, but, you know, meh.
Pixie dust, Bacon, Dole Whips etc etc.

Hi Dan, do you know Michael Tighe over on FB? He is looking for advice on a trip to London, if you want to help him.

Just had Popeye's fried chicken for lunch. New to me. Pretty new to the city. Liked it quite a bit. I was very impressed for a quick serve chain. The mac n cheese side was lousy, though. Zero flavour. The cole slaw was just okay.
Need to go south and have some real fried chicken, though.

Been a long one week and glad it is coming to an end. Did get some good news from my brother... He finally got his insurance approval to try a non-FDA approved method for his tumor. He will start treatment on Monday.

Happy Friday. Oldest made it to Regionals today for swim meet. Don't think she will make state cuts as she has spent more time working this year. So, my Friday starts after a long day of swim meet...

Congrats to your oldest.

Margaritas?
:worship:

Just had Popeye's fried chicken for lunch. New to me. Pretty new to the city. Liked it quite a bit. I was very impressed for a quick serve chain. The mac n cheese side was lousy, though. Zero flavour. The cole slaw was just okay.
Need to go south and have some real fried chicken, though.

Popeye's isn't bad. I still prefer KFC. My wife says that Bojangles is the best of the fried chicken places.

Been a long one week and glad it is coming to an end. Did get some good news from my brother... He finally got his insurance approval to try a non-FDA approved method for his tumor. He will start treatment on Monday.

Good news for your brother. Prayers for him.

Popeye's isn't bad. I still prefer KFC. My wife says that Bojangles is the best of the fried chicken places.

Never heard of Bojangles. But I don't like KFC. But... I suspect it tastes differently in the US. Even though it's supposedly the same secret recipe.

Morning chaps from a blustery London. Woke up at 5am, so decided to have a cheeky espresso, and mosey on over here. August trip just got a little more definite. The kids go back a week later than almost all of the other schools in the UK this year, so that shifted our flight dates out slightly, so we are out of the peak, so the fares are cheaper. And the price difference? Drum roll please.............

3 grand. :scared1::cool1:

Playoffs are here for Declan.
Good luck to him in his final rounds, that must be a bittersweet moment mate.
One chance to catch up on sleep and DW decides to text me at 7am.
Whelp, I'm up now!
That is unfortunate. Was it a random text or important?
Yup. Coulda waited too.
Ah. Insult to injury.
Another messy day of weather here. Snow this morning, ice pellets for lunch, freezing rain for the drive home, then rain all night - going up to 6C/43F overnight. And then all that water will freeze again tomorrow. Fun stuff. It's been like that all this year. not that I like shovelling snow, but I wish it would do one or the other.
That sounds harsh. Sorry mate.
Ugh! You're getting 3 seasons in one day.
There's almost a song in that
Margaritas?
Well, if your offering. On the rocks for me. And I mean Ice! (Roger rabbit is my favourite disney movie)
Best of luck to your brother
I'm getting ready to start working my weekend to work.
Well that sounds less than ideal. Mind you, if you have a house on the brink of mutiny.....maybe not so bad
Never heard of Bojangles. But I don't like KFC. But... I suspect it tastes differently in the US. Even though it's supposedly the same secret recipe.
Never had Bojangles or Popeye's, but that's good to know if we are ever going past one, as I detest McD's. I had Chick-Fil-A at MCO once, it really wasn't bad. Had KFC just the once, and after 2 bites the cat had the meal of his life. Not a fan.

Enjoy the weekend chaps, however you may be spending it.
London out.

Morning folks. 6:30am and I'm at work. Cold one out there (-31C/-24F) so bit chilly on the drive til the car warmed up.
Could be worse. Another guy came to work and hustled into the building while I was plugging in my car. When I got to the front door, he was heading back to his car.
"Bad day to forget my pass in the car." He mumbled as he hurried past. D'oh!

Woke up at 5am, so decided to have a cheeky espresso

Whelp. You ain't gonna go back to sleep now!

And the price difference? Drum roll please.............

Holy crap! That's huge!! Awesome!

Ah. Insult to injury.

yup

Morning chaps from a blustery London. Woke up at 5am, so decided to have a cheeky espresso, and mosey on over here. August trip just got a little more definite. The kids go back a week later than almost all of the other schools in the UK this year, so that shifted our flight dates out slightly, so we are out of the peak, so the fares are cheaper. And the price difference? Drum roll please.............

Good luck to him in his final rounds, that must be a bittersweet moment mate.

Ah. Insult to injury.

That sounds harsh. Sorry mate.

There's almost a song in that

Well, if your offering. On the rocks for me. And I mean Ice! (Roger rabbit is my favourite disney movie)

Best of luck to your brother

Well that sounds less than ideal. Mind you, if you have a house on the brink of mutiny.....maybe not so bad

Never had Bojangles or Popeye's, but that's good to know if we are ever going past one, as I detest McD's. I had Chick-Fil-A at MCO once, it really wasn't bad. Had KFC just the once, and after 2 bites the cat had the meal of his life. Not a fan.

Enjoy the weekend chaps, however you may be spending it.
London out.

Just moved back from a few years in London (Crouch End) and was really surprised at how intense and condensed school holidays were, half term meant ridiculous prices on anything transport related... but also very quiet days at the office.

Popeye's is like a crunchy, spiced version of UK KFC (which is not much like the US version IMHO...but enjoyed 'gravy' being a valid side dish). I unfortunately spent a non-trivial amount of time in North London chicken shops (Pre-Baby, Rugby, Front-Row, Married to a 2nd row...) Oh if there was a loyalty card for Dixy Chicken, I'd have been a gold star member... I still haven't forgiven Bojangles for discontinuing Boneless Buffalo Bites, a staple when I was in High School in NC.

Yes mate I do, I'm friends with him over there. I met him and Terry H with Norm at the Poly with Gretchen. Is it in the Disdads FB group? I can't see his post....

Yup, that is where he posted. I thought I would pass this on to you, wasn't sure if you saw his post. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter