DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey gents

I missed about 4 pages of banter so I hope you are all doing well. I see there’s a new member, welcome to the club @1911 !

I got a bit sidetracked with work this week but to top it all off had car trouble. DW was at the gas station and out of the van pumping gas when some guy decided to back into it. Good news nobody was hurt and the van was driveable, just front passenger corner bashed in. The guy is taking full responsibility too, so no fighting over it. But still a pain in the Alien Swirling Saucer. Spent part of Friday contacting insurance and collision repair shop. They kept the van in the shop since they took the front bumper off and not sure if they would get it on again. Insurance is covering a rental van for us, maybe for a few weeks until parts come in and repair finished.

Anyway, wings and snacks at the ready for tonight’s game.

That's bites! Happy to hear everyone is OK and the guy took responsibility.

Change of plan. My meeting has just been cancelled. See you in Mikes bar later?

we have considered it but doing both would just be too much to cram into eight days for us. We are park commandos and I have been trying to get us to slow down and relax more...never seems to work though.
Fair do's mate. We are doing 3 Days Dark side, 5 Days Beach (probably St Petes) 8 Days Poly.
I'm sure we are in some pics and videos, poor unfortunate souls
You were dressed as Ursula?

I got a bit sidetracked with work this week but to top it all off had car trouble.
Sorry bud. Both prangs in our old motor were when Lady K was in charge of the car. Jus' sayin'.
It's funny how many of the organizers were friends with the Premier of the day
Nice to see you guys took some old traditions from the mother country there, Darcy mate.

Happy Sunday. Thankful for an uneventful day at work today. Catching up on EPL replays now. Bourbon, beer, and seafood for the WWF, er um, NFL matchup tonight.

Morning chaps from a sunny London. Runners remorse this morning, its perfect weather for a 10k. So I'm gonna drag the boy out for 5k. If he stopped talking during his runs, that boy could do the Dopey.
e.

I always have runner's remorse, as in, I ain't ever running.

Yes it is. People would wave to us, we were waving back. I'm sure we are in some pics and videos, poor unfortunate souls

Looks cool. Did you all have to be dive certified already?

They just installed a new one that lifts 9000lbs for two large Ray's

Good. Big enough to lift my butt inside the tank now.

we have considered it but doing both would just be too much to cram into eight days for us. We are park commandos and I have been trying to get us to slow down and relax more...never seems to work though.

We are as well, although we backed off to every other day. We enjoy the day at the resort followed by a day at the park. Do you all stay on property as well? Several here are Dvc members.

I got a bit sidetracked with work this week but to top it all off had car trouble. DW was at the gas station and out of the van pumping gas when some guy decided to back into it. Good news nobody was hurt and the van was driveable, just front passenger corner bashed in. The guy is taking full responsibility too, so no fighting over it. But still a pain in the Alien Swirling Saucer. Spent part of Friday contacting insurance and collision repair shop. They kept the van in the shop since they took the front bumper off and not sure if they would get it on again. Insurance is covering a rental van for us, maybe for a few weeks until parts come in and repair finished.

Glad no one is hurt. It's still a pain to deal with all that though. How fast were they going to cause that much damage? Or, was it just the right spot?

Change of plan. My meeting has just been cancelled. See you in Mikes bar later?

If you swiped that $113 million, there is still enough time to send that private jet for all of us to meet in person at Mike's bar.

Had another great day at MK. We did EMM and it was worth every penny.
SDMTx6
PP x3
MTPx3
PCCx2
WTPx2
Then we ate at Cosmic Ray's good breakfast eggs, hash browns ,pancakes,sausages, bacon, it was pre planted but you could have as many as you wanted.I had two ::yes:: .Then pastries and Orange juice to finish it off.

Really!
Are the rays there already?
There were several types there two were very large.I was directly over one, tip to tip it was over 6ft.
You were dressed as Ursula
Yes ,yes I was.
Looks cool. Did you all have to be dive certified already?

They have two tours.one you do not need to be certified, like snorkeling with supplies air, you are just on the surface.
The other tour you must be a certified diver.

Good. Big enough to lift my butt inside the tank now

Do you have a Whale Shark costume, I could talk to Mark and John. I'm going back Friday. All the fish you could eat and you could live at WDW .Free medical and dental along as you are ok with a Veterinarian. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Morning Guys,

Heading for +2 this morning,time to go to the beach.

Pretty lacklustre game last night, both defensive played well but I wouldn't call it a defensive gem. Just crap play from both offences.

Have a good one all!

It's Monday and I'm at orthodontist with youngest. Almost paid off the braces. That's the only good news I have.

They have two tours.one you do not need to be certified, like snorkeling with supplies air, you are just on the surface.
The other tour you must be a certified diver.

Thanks. I've try tried to get oldest dd to get certified with me, but so far, no good.

Do you have a Whale Shark costume, I could talk to Mark and John. I'm going back Friday. All the fish you could eat and you could live at WDW .Free medical and dental along as you are ok with a Veterinarian. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

If I could figure out that whole underwater breathing thing, then it would be a good plan. So far, the RV in front of Doc's place is still the front runner.

Morning Guys,

l!

We are back up to 60 degrees today from under 10 degrees less than a week over. The groundhog can't defeat KY weather. :lmao:

Afternoon chaps from a relatively bleary eyed London. I must admit, that was one of the dullest contests I've seen in a long time, and I've watched almost all of the international series'. The chat however, made the game move along pretty quickly, and to be honest, probably kept me awake for most of it. Bed at 3, up at 7 to take the kids to school ,then tennis for 3 hrs, now popping up to the city for a bit of networking. May be an early night in my future.

Good stuff. We did EMM the other year, we really enjoyed it. Our breakfast was at Pinocchios, though.

Pop!
I'd slap that factor 50 on mate, make sure you're protected.

Have a great day chaps. London out.

Afternoon chaps from a relatively bleary eyed London. I must admit, that was one of the dullest contests I've seen in a long time, and I've watched almost all of the international series'. The chat however, made the game move along pretty quickly, and to be honest, probably kept me awake for most of it. Bed at 3, up at 7 to take the kids to school ,then tennis for 3 hrs, now popping up to the city for a bit of networking. May be an early night in my future.

I will say I lost no sleep last night. Had no interest in the game and I figure I can catch commercials (best part) online.

Hope all of you that did stay up (especially you Dan) make it through the day.

How fast were they going to cause that much damage? Or, was it just the right spot?
The guy wasn't going that fast - just backing up from the store parking lot in front of the pumps - but hit right on the corner, so the collision place figured once they took the bumper off it wouldn't go back on because the screws were damaged. I don'y know much about it all, I just take their word for it. As long as it isn't costing me anything, I don't particularly care if I drive a rental for the next few weeks.

I must admit, that was one of the dullest contests I've seen in a long time, and I've watched almost all of the international series'. The chat however, made the game move along pretty quickly, and to be honest, probably kept me awake for most of it.
Ditto. I've only paid much attention to football in the last couple years, but definitely a lacklustre game. The chat was a bit of fun.

Morning, gents.
Not fun this morning. Winds gusting up to 30knots with snow means drifting, means shoveling to get out of the driveway. The drive to work was fun too with visibility going down to zero occasionally.
But made it safely, so no complaints.

Sorry to hear that. Glad no one was hurt. That's always the biggest consideration. Cars can be fixed or replaced far more easily than people.

I'm also dealing with car trouble. The shift cable decided to break last night. It's a 30 dollar paart but it's labor intensive.

Ouch. Sorry about that.

I always have runner's remorse, as in, I ain't ever running.

:laughing:

Good. Big enough to lift my butt inside the tank now.

:laughing:

SDMTx6
PP x3
MTPx3
PCCx2
WTPx2

Holy crap! Were you the only ones in the park???

There were several types there two were very large.I was directly over one, tip to tip it was over 6ft.

Hmmm... I think I remember 1 being about that size, not two. Sounds like the new additions are there.

Pretty lacklustre game last night, both defensive played well but I wouldn't call it a defensive gem. Just crap play from both offences.

While I agree, I actually enjoyed the game. It was close right up to near the end. Maybe because it's the opposite of what I expected?

Heard a line today... The biggest problem was the half time show. The sound system... It worked and you could hear it.

It's Monday and I'm at orthodontist with youngest. Almost paid off the braces. That's the only good news I have.

Not bad news. No more money flying out of your pocket!

Top O the Mornin Dads! A bit behind here so if I missed any significant achievements Congrats or mishaps, pixie dust on the way. Tough past 3 days with the inlaws medical challenges but everyone is doing their best to manage through it. Game last night was lousy but the banter was top notch. Just need to tip the cap to the Patriots, Brady & Belichick.
Morning Guys,

Another cold one on tap for the day.

Been a busy day so far. Did an interview because of the cancellation of a major international sporting event that was to be help in NB in 2021. The organizing committee submitted a bid for $17 million when they were awarded a couple of years ago. When the government changed this year it was found out that the actual budget was $130 million. Given this province is broke, that wasn't going to fly. Been an interesting few days.

DS played his last game before out version of the "tournament" kicks off next weekend. The imploded a bit this week so hopefully they can work out their issues before next Friday.

Have a good one all.
$113 million short, does sound interesting, you buying rounds at DDCC 8 now that you found a few bucks?

We were at EP when this bit of pixie dust happened. :tinker:

That's great seems like you are having a blast
looks like you have low standards for membership,I'm here to lower the bar even further. ;)
Welcome to our little clam bake, cheers.
Hey gents

I missed about 4 pages of banter so I hope you are all doing well. I see there’s a new member, welcome to the club @1911 !

Glad nobody was hurt and sorry for the extra stuff you have to deal with on top of everyday stuff
SDMTx6
PP x3
MTPx3
PCCx2
WTPx2
Then we ate at Cosmic Ray's good breakfast eggs, hash browns ,pancakes,sausages, bacon, it was pre planted but you could have as many as you wanted.I had two ::yes:: .Then pastries and Orange juice to finish it off.
Nice - may try one of those at some point.

I will say I lost no sleep last night. Had no interest in the game and I figure I can catch commercials (best part) online.

I bailed before halftime. Too boring. And, the outcome was already pre-determined.

we do stay on property when there. I have circled around buying dvc for a few years and almost pulled the trigger on a resale contract last year but bought a new truck instead.

We bought a resale a decade ago at the Boardwalk. We started spending more time at the resorts following that. I did see there may have been some new conditions imposed on resale contracts purchased after this year though.

Not bad news. No more money flying out of your pocket!

True. $200 left on that balance. This is the 2nd kid thru braces, and I'm definitely tired of paying that bill.

Top O the Mornin Dads! A bit behind here so if I missed any significant achievements Congrats or mishaps, pixie dust on the way. Tough past 3 days with the inlaws medical challenges but everyone is doing their best to manage through it. Game last night was lousy but the banter was top notch. Just need to tip the cap to the Patriots, Brady & Belichick.

True. The league said they cheated during two Superbowls and kept letting them play in the league without the consequences other teams incurred.

I bailed before halftime. Too boring. And, the outcome was already pre-determined.

We bought a resale a decade ago at the Boardwalk. We started spending more time at the resorts following that. I did see there may have been some new conditions imposed on resale contracts purchased after this year though.

True. $200 left on that balance. This is the 2nd kid thru braces, and I'm definitely tired of paying that bill.

True. The league said they cheated during two Superbowls and kept letting them play in the league without the consequences other teams incurred.
When you pay off enough people, it's amazing what the league will do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter