DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So Jodi is taking me on a sea cruise in a couple of months and I was wondering if any of you would like to be around to meet up on one of our shore dates, or have any knowledge you would like to share about these ports? Please let me know, meeting up would be cool.

WED 24 APR Sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

SAT 27 APR Boston, Massachusetts, US

SUN 28 APR Bar Harbor, Maine, US

MON 29 APR Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

TUE 30 APR Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

WED 01 MAY Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

FRI 03 MAY Quebec City, Quebec, Canada

SAT 04 MAY Debark Ship Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Crossed posted to Facebook

Last edited:

Depending on how much time you have...
Take the tour at Alexander Keith's Brewery.
Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Quite a few items from the Titanic there.
Take a stroll along the waterfront boardwalk. You'll dock at one end of it.
Visit Fairview Lawn Cemetery where there are 3? 4? rows of mostly identical tombstones where 121 Titanic victims are buried.
Try Cows ice cream. Buy a Cows T-shirt.

Been decades since I've been. But do know it's a beautiful city.

Make sure you try real poutine. Best ones are at the same place you would get...
Montreal Smoked Meat. Don't even think of leaving until you've had Montreal Smoked Meat on rye. Schwartz's Deli is probably the most well known. But Reuben's, or Snowden would be good too.
Visit Notre Dame Basilica
Visit Old Montreal
See Olympic Stadium. The biggest white elephant in Canada.
For fun, you could visit La Ronde. Think Six Flags, but in French.

Right boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the ESPN for bad beer and a bucket o' wings on Super Bowl Sunday gets to take Gisele Bundchen home. And let me tell ya, it's not just Tom who deflates balls at game time.

Have a great weekend fellas.

Right boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the ESPN for bad beer and a bucket o' wings on Super Bowl Sunday gets to take Gisele Bundchen home. And let me tell ya, it's not just Tom who deflates balls at game time.

Have a great weekend fellas.
I'm okay with this. Y'all go ahead.

Really liked Poor Boys Gourmet, awesome Lobster Roll, but that was about 8 years ago. We LOVED Bar Harbor. We ended up changing our route and staying there a few days.
Grill 23 is a good steak, but a bit business dinner-y
There's a nice brunch at Stephanies on Newbury
I concur with pkondz On Schwarz's (though he's obviously the expert), I had a great sandwich and frites there. The queue was horrendous though.

Last edited:
Is this mandated by law? Because if it's not, maybe it should be.

It is for all Kentuckians 10 years of age and over. :lmao:

Have couple of fingers of bourbon for me. I'm not fussy so you can have the cheap stuff. 2 hour delay for my kids. After Wednesday's cancellation we are out of snow days for the year already and anything else will eat into Spring Break or extend the school year.

No cheap stuff for me. I'm too old to drink the bad stuff. We could have made it on a hour or 2 hour delay today. I think it was the superintendent firing back at Governor Thanos for his comments.

I think SDD is a better roller coaster but the themeing is not quite as good.Still an awesome ride. I think the cars have a little more leg room.

Thanks. I liked the theming, but was really disappointed with 7DMT.

Been a busy day so far. Did an interview because of the cancellation of a major international sporting event that was to be help in NB in 2021. The organizing committee submitted a bid for $17 million when they were awarded a couple of years ago. When the government changed this year it was found out that the actual budget was $130 million. Given this province is broke, that wasn't going to fly. Been an interesting few days.
!

How many trillions in debt is the USA? Who cares, spend away. It's not real money anyway - it's the government.

So Jodi is taking me on a sea cruise in a couple of months and I was wondering if any of you would like to be around to meet up on one of our shore dates, or have any knowledge you would like to share about these ports? Please let me know, meeting up would be cool.

I am happy to meet you at whatever port. Or rum. Just send me airplane tickets and food money and I'll see you there.

Normally, I'd be all for that, depending on the deflating tool of course. :lmao:

I'll see if I can arrange for a meeting or something in Halifax Randall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter