DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Monday stinks.

I can't believe I'm going into week 2 of bathroom hell , This is a 5ft x 6.5ft room really I have seen more action done in a store overnight then what I'm seeing, they better be serving us cocktails and finger foods when this is done:rotfl2:

Don't count on those finger foods. I told my dds that if they aren't sure about college, plumbers and electricians make good money as well. Good luck.

Morning compadres from a 90f London.
Kids first day of the 6 week holiday today.
We’ve sneaked in another break, our friends have a house in Cornwall and we are spending a few nights there the week after next.

Welcome to Monday.

Way to get in another vacation. Seems like that may be your new mission, 007. How many vacations to get in during a year.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope all had a good weekend and by the sounds of things a lot of good Dad stuff. "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." -- Zeus (Hercules)

Congrats on the kids working their way back into the win column. Hope you got home at a reasonable time.

Or the size of his :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared::eek: :lmao:

Thanks, it was a bit later than scheduled. The rain stopped and outdoor courts dried to resume play. I liked the way we finished, but we should have been playing in the finals.

I love the fact you can buy basically an amended M-16, but Kinder eggs are dangerous...
:laughing:
One of the most succinct observations of US culture since the writings of deTocqueville...

'Evening all...
Been doing a spell of traveling for the last week or so and I've much catching up to do.
Us irrefutable South'ners spent a bit of time out in the Pacific Northwest visiting family.
We've been out that way in the past so it's not completely unfamiliar territory.
But we did make a point to see a few spots that we hadn't gotten around to before.

Here's a hand full of images for y'all to either peruse of ignore
(won't hurt my feelings either way)

z01.JPG
Realto Beach (Olympic National Park)

z03.JPG
Hurricane Ridge (Olympic National Park)

z05.JPG
Marymeare Falls (Olympic National Park)

z06.JPG
Water Front Park (Bremerton)

z08.JPG
Seattle (seen from the 72nd floor)

zz14.JPG
The infamous Pike Place Market

z09.JPG
Mt Rainier in the distance (as seen form the Puget Sound)

One of the most succinct observations of US culture since the writings of deTocqueville...

'Evening all...
Been doing a spell of traveling for the last week or so and I've much catching up to do.
Us irrefutable South'ners spent a bit of time out in the Pacific Northwest visiting family.
We've been out that way in the past so it's not completely unfamiliar territory.
But we did make a point to see a few spots that we hadn't gotten around to before.

View attachment 339109

View attachment 339110

View attachment 339111

View attachment 339112

View attachment 339114

View attachment 339115

View attachment 339113
That looks fabulous Rob. Looks like you had a great trip there. Welcome back buddy.

One of the companies I put my testing the water application into may be trying to wreck the plan. Sabotage may be required. I’ve gotten used to wearing shorts since September last year
Not a bad gig if you can get it :thumbsup2 Are you looking for part time, full time, work from home or not sure yet?
'Evening all...

Welcome back! Been wondering where you were. Beautiful pics you got there, looks like a real nice relaxing trip.

Not a bad gig if you can get it :thumbsup2 Are you looking for part time, full time, work from home or not sure yet?
Yeah, they might be more sizzle than steak. We'll see.
Full time with a couple of days a week either where I can manage my own diary or work from home for the bambinos.

Last edited:

After last week, yesterday I was sitting on the couch and screamed, "I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!" Pulled up Travelocity and saw a great deal near my house. Pulled in this morning, room was ready, and I sat down for breakfast. A couple of hours of sun and pool time. About an hour ago the skies opened up so am relaxing in the room. Catch you guys later.

'Evening all...

View attachment 339109

View attachment 339110

View attachment 339111

View attachment 339112

View attachment 339114

View attachment 339115

View attachment 339113

Nice shots rob, thanks for sharing. Did you see them throwing fish in Pike's Market?

After last week, yesterday I was sitting on the couch and screamed, "I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!" Pulled up Travelocity and saw a great deal near my house. Pulled in this morning, room was ready, and I sat down for breakfast. A couple of hours of sun and pool time. About an hour ago the skies opened up so am relaxing in the room. Catch you guys later.
0012.gif

'Evening all...
)

Great pictures, Stats. Looks like a great trip.

Life of CJ. Enjoy your vacation from Florida.

Nice job CJ. Enjoy the break, hopefully there are some sights around the pool you can appreciate :goodvibes:goodvibes

Last edited:
Morning Gladiators, from another 90f London.
Incredibles 2 on the agenda today, just taken the kids to the library, where they have a reading challenge. They have to read 6 books over the 6 week break, then they get a medal and a certificate presented in their school assembly when they go back. They have to go and give a synopsis of the book to some volunteers, who are 18 year olds doing their Duke of Edinburgh awards, so everyone get something out of it.

Have a great Tuesday fellas, and all lanes are open. So floor it.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Thoughts are with those affected by flooding in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Randall - Hope you are safe, keep an eye on our kids in DC for me will ya.
"It's better to use your head than break your back." -- Ernst Robinson (Swiss Family Robinson)
Morning Gladiators, from another 90f London.
Incredibles 2 on the agenda today, just taken the kids to the library, where they have a reading challenge. They have to read 6 books over the 6 week break, then they get a medal and a certificate presented in their school assembly when they go back. They have to go and give a synopsis of the book to some volunteers, who are 18 year olds doing their Duke of Edinburgh awards, so everyone get something out of it.

Have a great Tuesday fellas, and all lanes are open. So floor it.
Nice challenge to keep the kids the busy in a positive way.
Well played sir - it's been crazy hot here as well but back into the 80's this week so a bit of relief.

'Morning all...
Getting back into the work-a-day routine down this way.
Two days in and I'm already looking forward to the next break.
(That's probable not a good sign)

yesterday I was sitting on the couch and screamed, "I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!
I scream that very sentence on a regular basis.
The difference is that you're able to act on it.

Good man. :thumbsup2

Nice shots rob, thanks for sharing. Did you see them throwing fish in Pike's Market?
Yup...
That stall is located right under the clock so it's easy to find.
Which all the tourists do, so getting by that spot is a bit of a pain.
We've seen it before (and back before it was a thing), so I didn't spend but a moment or two on it.
Way too much other stuff (and good food that need eatin') to stay in one spot too long.

Incredibles 2 on the agenda today,
Saw that one recently and enjoyed it.
Hope y'all have a great time.

just taken the kids to the library,
Good to know that folks do still use such institutions.
We recently had a major publication over here that ran an editorial suggesting that we should close all our libraries to save on tax money and just rely on "Amazon and Starbucks" as viable replacements.

(They have since retracted that bit of nonsense, but it's troubling that the thought occurred to someone and that an editor agreed to publish it)

From the reactions, it's too bad I'm not allowed to see that one...
May have to see if I can get to it this evening.

FP day for September trip tomorrow!!! :woohoo:
Good hunting to you.
Have the coffee and computer ready to roll before the clock strikes twelve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter