DDC XVI - Here because Fed allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, if you could say a quick prayer for my FIL, I'd appreciate it.

He is in his 70's, and down in North Carolina on his own. He's supposed to be attending a weight-loss program at Duke University. He had previously attended this program 10-15 years ago.

Unfortunately, his ability to take care of himself has deteriorated in that time, and appears to be much worse than we knew. He was missing all of last night. The last we heard from him was around 7:00 p.m. or so. He got lost between the university and the hotel (about a 3 mile drive). He was stopping to ask for directions, but the directions he was given were too complicated and he couldn't remember them. We got a call from my MIL at 11:30 last night and she said my FIL wasn't answering his cell phone (he forgot the charger and may have a dead battery).

She called the hotel this morning. They checked his room and no one was there, and the sheets hadn't been pulled back. A call to local hospitals didn't turn up anyone by his name, and they said no John Does came in. So right now we're just waiting for word, calling the university, hotel, etc. Probably calling the cops soon.

I hope everything works out OK. Prayers for him and your family.

:littleangel:

He is in his 70's, and down in North Carolina on his own. He's supposed to be attending a weight-loss program at Duke University. He had previously attended this program 10-15 years ago.

Unfortunately, his ability to take care of himself has deteriorated in that time, and appears to be much worse than we knew. He was missing all of last night. The last we heard from him was around 7:00 p.m. or so. He got lost between the university and the hotel (about a 3 mile drive). He was stopping to ask for directions, but the directions he was given were too complicated and he couldn't remember them. We got a call from my MIL at 11:30 last night and she said my FIL wasn't answering his cell phone (he forgot the charger and may have a dead battery).

She called the hotel this morning. They checked his room and no one was there, and the sheets hadn't been pulled back. A call to local hospitals didn't turn up anyone by his name, and they said no John Does came in. So right now we're just waiting for word, calling the university, hotel, etc. Probably calling the cops soon.

Mark call the police now. This happen with my MIL. She was living in AZ and decided to go for a short drive. The police found her the next morning in the middle of the desert with an empty tank. She was so lost.

Scary situation. Prayers for his safety.

Posting a hello on here as well as introducing myself on the other thread. I've used the board in the past but never posted anything. My actual name is Shaun, from South Dakota, married 3 years (been together for about 10 years), have 2 sons, one is almost 3 and the other turns 1 in a few months. Been to WDW twice and going in April for a third. This board has helped DW and I tremendously with planning for our last trip which included my 5 year old nephew and DS who was 13 months old at the time.

Welcome to the club! :cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Posting a hello on here as well as introducing myself on the other thread. I've used the board in the past but never posted anything. My actual name is Shaun, from South Dakota, married 3 years (been together for about 10 years), have 2 sons, one is almost 3 and the other turns 1 in a few months. Been to WDW twice and going in April for a third. This board has helped DW and I tremendously with planning for our last trip which included my 5 year old nephew and DS who was 13 months old at the time.

drippinwelcum.gif

Absolutely Mark. Will do.

Mark, please keep us updated on your FIL. Will keep on praying, this one hits a little to close to home.

Hi there, Shaun! Glad you stepped out of the shadows to join us :thumbsup2 The DIS is a good place to find info... and the dads here are a wealth of knowledge. We even have podcasts over on our web page (www.disdads.com).

You are member # 681! :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Thanks for yours and all the other "welcome"s. I'll try to add, what I can, to the club!

I hate to tell you this, but it has nothing to do with when you file.

In my former life I worked for the IRS. Whether or not you get audited depends on a number of factors but have nothing to do with the amount of returns received when yours is. :eek:

It is factored by many things including how complex your return is, which schedules you need to file, etc. and is assigned by the computer system.

Bummer...I know!

Will

Finally a voice of reason when it comes to the IRS... Be careful around here, reason and sound logic aren't appreciated in most cases... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

;)

He doesn't scare me. :)

Hi my name is Travis recently turned 32. married with a 3 year old daughter who happens to have an extra 21st chromosome. finally got back to disney world after a 24 year absence back in July. We will be making a trip back to Disney in January 2013(27th- Feb 1). to celebrate my Occupational Therapy degree completion. A little break before I begin working toward my masters. We are so excited about our trip that the vacation planning CD is played at least once daily. As proof of my love of Disney world I will share a moment from our last trip that no one else knows about. We arrived to the magic kingdom on our first day and happened to walk in as the parade was about to begin. We lucked up and got a spot right up front on the center island near the entrance (where the flagpole is). It was truly a magical experience as almost every character walked right up to us and gave my wife and daughter hugs. At the end of the parade my wife looked up me wiping her tears away. I just smiled and was happy I had on my sunglasses and she couldn't see I was barely holding them back myself.:cool1: It was really meaningful to have such a great time as a family. The last 3 years were pretty hectic after my daughter's birth and finding out she had down syndrome. We enjoyed every step but the disney magic was just what we needed. Looking forward to getting a lot of tips from the board for our next trip.

Welcome my fellow south carolinian! Great story thanks for sharing that magical moment.

sSig_hi.gif

Get to go to work soon, should have called out today sick as a dog, but sick days are for going places when it's nice out, not being sick:confused3

Thanks for all the prayers, guys. We're worried about him.

Mark call the police now. This happen with my MIL. She was living in AZ and decided to go for a short drive. The police found her the next morning in the middle of the desert with an empty tank. She was so lost.

I just talked to my MIL, and she has been in contact with the woman running the program at Duke. That woman said my FIL did not show up this morning, so she is now contacting the police. All we can do now is wait. Not a fun place to be.

Good Morning!

booked our flight down for the big vacation! (still need one for the trip home :rotfl2:)

flying Southwest. the fares were posted months ago at $135 each, and peaked at $165 each. But yesterday they were only $100!!! That included taxes and fees!

hopefully i will get a paycheck tomorrow like they've been promising me. In other financial news: since I lost my Disney Rewards account, I cannot continue to pay for the cruise with it, and I will lose a $75 onboard credit I was going to get. Instead, I am now looking into buying Disney gift cards via Target and using our Target card's 5% off. There is a thread on the budget board claiming that the discount does apply to disney gift cards as they are considered "entertainment cards". Considering the $3000 balance we have to pay for the cruise, then we'd save $150 if this method works. I am going to go to Target over the weekend for a test run.

Tomorrow is a big day for DD. She is getting registered for Kindergarten, and following that she has her Pancake Pajama Party at Preschool, then she wants to watch Wall-E on disney when she gets home, and then has her friend's birthday party to attend that afternoon.

I hate to tell you this, but it has nothing to do with when you file.

In my former life I worked for the IRS. Whether or not you get audited depends on a number of factors but have nothing to do with the amount of returns received when yours is. :eek:

It is factored by many things including how complex your return is, which schedules you need to file, etc. and is assigned by the computer system.

Bummer...I know!

Will
Thanks for the info... I think I will still wait to the last second to file since I owe the gub'ment a few G's. :headache:

My actual name is Shaun, from South Dakota, married 3 years (been together for about 10 years), have 2 sons, one is almost 3 and the other turns 1 in a few months. Been to WDW twice and going in April for a third. This board has helped DW and I tremendously with planning for our last trip which included my 5 year old nephew and DS who was 13 months old at the time.
:welcome: to the club!!!!

*was there a membership drive I didn't know about? :confused3

I just talked to my MIL, and she has been in contact with the woman running the program at Duke. That woman said my FIL did not show up this morning, so she is now contacting the police. All we can do now is wait. Not a fun place to be.
Mark- I hope you guys call the police now. Don't wait any longer. Praying for you guys.

Good Morning!

booked our flight down for the big vacation! (still need one for the trip home :rotfl2:)

flying Southwest. the fares were posted months ago at $135 each, and peaked at $165 each. But yesterday they were only $100!!! That included taxes and fees!
Score! Dole Whips on you!!!! :thumbsup2

super+bacon.jpg

It's a bird?
It's a plane?

NO, it's SUPER BACON!

I was going through my email and forgot we did this.

Ah the memories. My son in this picture loves this ride too so it makes it that much better. I think the part he likes is the very top when it is dark and you see the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter