DDC XVI - Here because Fed allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just see the restaurants you want to go.

I got all the restaurants we want to go to, haven't placed them to a certain day yet, all touring works around the ADR's:cool1: I only have 1 that is in a park, this way I'm not stuck in 1 park just because of a ADR:banana:

thanks everyone and I can't wait to try the Dole Whip. Never knew about it til I came across this board. It sounds awesome.
:welcome:

What a great MK story!!! Hop on in, most of us are very cordial. ;) :rolleyes:

sorry norm, what im trying to say is let it to the pros. ours is a basic return. we both have employers, very few deductions anymore and ours is cut and dry and i still feel better paying the $150.00 for the cpa to do it. shes been doing ours for 25 years. heck, she even does brianas.
i have a client who just under went a pa state audit. here in pa, we had a child molester in our state college. 51 counts, 10 boys and probably one of the biggest cover ups to just about any crime you can imagine and nobody is in jail. but anyway, i guess someone has to pay for all the law suits coming. the auditor spent 8 days, looking into the books of a company who does about half million in bus. per year and found, at first, the state owned him money.:lmao: but, the auditor couldnt go back and tell his boss he just spent 8 days and found nothing. they got him on a grey area of what is "service" work. long story short, my client paid the $300 he owed the state and if he wants his money back from the state, good luck.:lmao:
I have a ton of write-offs and get 1099s for my DJ business. I pay $300 to get my taxes done by a CPA. He's been doing my taxes for about 10 years. I also file at the last minute. I've heard you have less of a chance of getting audited when 3/4 of the returns are being sent in.

ahhh, norm, jerseys a great place. you'll be right next to me. i can blast my ac/dc and you can blast your randy travis music, or what ever they listen to there. :lmao:
Aerosmith's " I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" was our wedding song. After Aerosmith, ZZ Top would be my next favorite. Don't have any Randy Travis.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Norm- Great pic of you and your DDs!!!!:thumbsup2

To give you an idea, a family of 4 is allowed 1 box of cereal, 4 tins of canned vegetables, 1 box of cookies, 1 package of spaghetti, 1 package of other assorted pastas, 3 boxes of Kraft Dinner (or Kraft Mac and Cheese as you yanks call it), 2 tins of tuna, 3 tins of beans, 1 roll of toilet paper, etc... for a whole MONTH... I think it works out to about a 4 or 5 day supply.
Wow. That isn't very much. :sad2:

Bueller?....

Bueller?....

Bueller?....

:flower3:

Very weird at the house tonight. Our girls are staying at my in-laws tonight since my DW and I are leaving for the hospital so early.

Very quiet. Too quiet!

I do believe this is the first time since my oldest was born that we've had the house to ourselves.

Is this what being empty nester's is like? Kinda boring!

From last night:

Scott, You're not doing it Right! :rotfl2:

Hey Gary (aggordon2)
bday.gif

Goofywithbirthdaycake.gif

63925Untitled_-_1.jpg

Did you see the one where Homer does the taxes? He waits til April 14 @ 11:30 PM, makes up dependents and income sources, shoves it in a rolled up ball in an envelope, tapes ot, drives to post office and throws it in right before clock hits midnight. As the package travels down, there are two bins - easy refund and severe audit. Homer's bounces into severe audit and has to wear a wire against the mob.

Think that could happen? I didn't see a turbo tax option for that.

That's a great episode!:rotfl:

And to answer your question, there are only 2 possible ways that could happen;
#1: In a cartoon sitcom.
#2: In Dave's head. (Pretty much the exact same as #1).

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OK you can take the traffic, high taxes and all the other fun stuff that comes with NJ:scared1:

high taxes and all the other fun stuff that comes with WI
Don't get me started..............
If the job and housing markets didn't stink I would look at moving.

my youngest and I helped out at the food pantry with her Girl Scout troop be for Xmas. she seemed to get it a little, we talked about how the people that came did not have enough and we were doing just a little to help. she is 6 and was just as interested in being with her friends doing something. I tend to do all the trips I can with her troop. DW is my oldest leader so I dont do as much with her, but cookie time is next week.:scared1:

Don't get me started on this either.
In our area they decided to sell in the fall this year at the same time as we are trying to sell popcorn for cub scouts. I don't know how many times i was told I already ordered from the girlscouts so we won't need any popcorn.:headache:

I have a ton of write-offs and get 1099s for my DJ business. I pay $300 to get my taxes done by a CPA. He's been doing my taxes for about 10 years. I also file at the last minute. I've heard you have less of a chance of getting audited when 3/4 of the returns are being sent in.

I hate to tell you this, but it has nothing to do with when you file.

In my former life I worked for the IRS. Whether or not you get audited depends on a number of factors but have nothing to do with the amount of returns received when yours is. :eek:

It is factored by many things including how complex your return is, which schedules you need to file, etc. and is assigned by the computer system.

Bummer...I know!

Will

I hate to tell you this, but it has nothing to do with when you file.

In my former life I worked for the IRS. Whether or not you get audited depends on a number of factors but have nothing to do with the amount of returns received when yours is. :eek:

It is factored by many things including how complex your return is, which schedules you need to file, etc. and is assigned by the computer system.

Bummer...I know!

Will

Finally a voice of reason when it comes to the IRS... Be careful around here, reason and sound logic aren't appreciated in most cases... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

;)

Guys, if you could say a quick prayer for my FIL, I'd appreciate it.

He is in his 70's, and down in North Carolina on his own. He's supposed to be attending a weight-loss program at Duke University. He had previously attended this program 10-15 years ago.

Unfortunately, his ability to take care of himself has deteriorated in that time, and appears to be much worse than we knew. He was missing all of last night. The last we heard from him was around 7:00 p.m. or so. He got lost between the university and the hotel (about a 3 mile drive). He was stopping to ask for directions, but the directions he was given were too complicated and he couldn't remember them. We got a call from my MIL at 11:30 last night and she said my FIL wasn't answering his cell phone (he forgot the charger and may have a dead battery).

She called the hotel this morning. They checked his room and no one was there, and the sheets hadn't been pulled back. A call to local hospitals didn't turn up anyone by his name, and they said no John Does came in. So right now we're just waiting for word, calling the university, hotel, etc. Probably calling the cops soon.

Leaving for the Daddy/ Daughter Dance. :dance3:

DaddyDaughterDanceFeb2012.jpg

A very proud Dis dad.

Well, mine weren't worried, but I had been to them in the past as singles only. Actually, I think having them both together worked better. It was difficult dancing with both at times, but then, one would go bounce away with a friend, then the other would go bounce away as the other would return. So, it worked out well.

It was weird though. When I arrived, more than half of the dads were sitting on the bleachers. I got to sit down about 5 minutes the whole 2 hours we were there. I'm not the best dancer, but was the only dad who pulled off the moonwalk.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Sounds like you had a good time! Ever try the moonwalk on carpet? :lmao:

Hi my name is Travis recently turned 32. married with a 3 year old daughter who happens to have an extra 21st chromosome. finally got back to disney world after a 24 year absence back in July. We will be making a trip back to Disney in January 2013(27th- Feb 1). to celebrate my Occupational Therapy degree completion. A little break before I begin working toward my masters. We are so excited about our trip that the vacation planning CD is played at least once daily. As proof of my love of Disney world I will share a moment from our last trip that no one else knows about. We arrived to the magic kingdom on our first day and happened to walk in as the parade was about to begin. We lucked up and got a spot right up front on the center island near the entrance (where the flagpole is). It was truly a magical experience as almost every character walked right up to us and gave my wife and daughter hugs. At the end of the parade my wife looked up me wiping her tears away. I just smiled and was happy I had on my sunglasses and she couldn't see I was barely holding them back myself.:cool1: It was really meaningful to have such a great time as a family. The last 3 years were pretty hectic after my daughter's birth and finding out she had down syndrome. We enjoyed every step but the disney magic was just what we needed. Looking forward to getting a lot of tips from the board for our next trip.

Hi Travis!! Glad you found us here on the boards. Sounds like you'll fit in quite nicely around here. Watch out for that pixie dust in the air... it tends to sneak up on ya at inopportune times :lmao:

You are member #680! :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Bueller?....

Bueller?....

Bueller?....

:wave:

He is in his 70's, and down in North Carolina on his own. He's supposed to be attending a weight-loss program at Duke University. He had previously attended this program 10-15 years ago.

Unfortunately, his ability to take care of himself has deteriorated in that time, and appears to be much worse than we knew. He was missing all of last night. The last we heard from him was around 7:00 p.m. or so. He got lost between the university and the hotel (about a 3 mile drive). He was stopping to ask for directions, but the directions he was given were too complicated and he couldn't remember them. We got a call from my MIL at 11:30 last night and she said my FIL wasn't answering his cell phone (he forgot the charger and may have a dead battery).

She called the hotel this morning. They checked his room and no one was there, and the sheets hadn't been pulled back. A call to local hospitals didn't turn up anyone by his name, and they said no John Does came in. So right now we're just waiting for word, calling the university, hotel, etc. Probably calling the cops soon.

I hope everything turns out ok. :eek:

Morning Guys.

Had a wierd day yesterday, got home last night and about 9 PM started feeling off. I decided to head to bed and I actually got to sleep for a full 8 hours. :scared1:

Finally a voice of reason when it comes to the IRS... Be careful around here, reason and sound logic aren't appreciated in most cases... :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

;)

Agreed, and in some forums on these boards, logic and reason are grounds for punishment. :lmao:

Praying! :grouphug:

Hi my name is Travis recently turned 32. married with a 3 year old daughter who happens to have an extra 21st chromosome. finally got back to disney world after a 24 year absence back in July. We will be making a trip back to Disney in January 2013(27th- Feb 1). to celebrate my Occupational Therapy degree completion. A little break before I begin working toward my masters. We are so excited about our trip that the vacation planning CD is played at least once daily. As proof of my love of Disney world I will share a moment from our last trip that no one else knows about. We arrived to the magic kingdom on our first day and happened to walk in as the parade was about to begin. We lucked up and got a spot right up front on the center island near the entrance (where the flagpole is). It was truly a magical experience as almost every character walked right up to us and gave my wife and daughter hugs. At the end of the parade my wife looked up me wiping her tears away. I just smiled and was happy I had on my sunglasses and she couldn't see I was barely holding them back myself.:cool1: It was really meaningful to have such a great time as a family. The last 3 years were pretty hectic after my daughter's birth and finding out she had down syndrome. We enjoyed every step but the disney magic was just what we needed. Looking forward to getting a lot of tips from the board for our next trip.
Hi! Welcome to the club. Cool story.

yeah friend of mine who grew up in orlando says the same thing. He says the last 5 exits are the the worst.
Hmmm... apparently Fed's reputation is well known, even among the new guys. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

ahhh, norm, jerseys a great place. you'll be right next to me. i can blast my ac/dc and you can blast your randy travis music, or what ever they listen to there. :lmao:
Randy Travis? Wow, Dave, nice job finding an obscure reference from 20 years ago. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Posting a hello on here as well as introducing myself on the other thread. I've used the board in the past but never posted anything. My actual name is Shaun, from South Dakota, married 3 years (been together for about 10 years), have 2 sons, one is almost 3 and the other turns 1 in a few months. Been to WDW twice and going in April for a third. This board has helped DW and I tremendously with planning for our last trip which included my 5 year old nephew and DS who was 13 months old at the time.

Prayers for a safe return. :grouphug:

Definitely. That's scary. Hope he is found soon.

Posting a hello on here as well as introducing myself on the other thread. I've used the board in the past but never posted anything. My actual name is Shaun, from South Dakota, married 3 years (been together for about 10 years), have 2 sons, one is almost 3 and the other turns 1 in a few months. Been to WDW twice and going in April for a third. This board has helped DW and I tremendously with planning for our last trip which included my 5 year old nephew and DS who was 13 months old at the time.
Welcome to the club!

That's a scary situation - being so far from him and just waiting to hear anything. We'll be praying...

Welcome to the club Shaun!

Hi there, Shaun! Glad you stepped out of the shadows to join us :thumbsup2 The DIS is a good place to find info... and the dads here are a wealth of knowledge. We even have podcasts over on our web page (www.disdads.com).

You are member # 681! :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter