DDC XVI - Here because Fed allows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent!

Yeah it'll be a little bit that it plays. All 6 will be featured again in the theatres, but in 3D. Not sure how long it will be before Episode II is released though. We're going Friday during the day. Looking forward to it! I saw it's in about 9 different cinemas around us in the general vicinity. Hard to believe it's not in more, since it's bound to be a money maker for them, but whatever.

I hope a few more come out by August:confused3, Hunter has a blast at Jedi Training, I think he'll be really pumped and ready to go after seeing it on The Big Screen:darth:

I am torn about going. I am not sure 3D is enough to get me. I have seen two 3D movies and was not impressed especially for the higher amount I had to pay.

But, I am a Star Wars nerd so I may buckle under the pressure of the Dark Side :darth:

We "have to" go :rotfl: All three kids are extremely jealous that DW and I got to see the films originally in the theater, and they didn't. Gee it's not my fault they weren't alive yet in the '70's and '80's, and too young or not yet alive when the second trilogy came around. I had to grow up first, and I don't fault my parents that I didn't get to experience "Mary Poppins" or "Spartacus" or "Gone with the Wind" or, or, or in the theaters. :rotfl: I was born when I was born, and I accept that. So yeah... we "have to".

Actually we're all looking forward to it. There just really is something about seeing these films on the big screen.

Never done one in Disney. I took a helicopter ride around Kauai on my honeymoon though, and that was amazing. You get some incredible views.

I wonder how good WDW would be though, seeing as it's designed to be viewed from a certain angle(s). You probably wouldn't be able to gauge any of the forced perspective tricks from that height, but I'm guessing they don't decorate the tops of all their buildings or anything! :rotfl:

Naturally it is designed to be viewed from a certain angle - but it's one of those things that I get a kick out of. I love maps and aerial photography - so this would be just bringing it "to life". I have flown over Disneyland before, and it is really cool to see it that way. Especially as it helps to give perspective to the relationship with other stuff around it.

If by "good seat" you mean "couch in front of TV"...then yes.

I'm more of an "up close and personal" guy vice a sniper.
And THIS is for swiping my credit card number. And THIS is for using it a CVS instead of somewhere cool.

Naturally it is designed to be viewed from a certain angle - but it's one of those things that I get a kick out of. I love maps and aerial photography - so this would be just bringing it "to life". I have flown over Disneyland before, and it is really cool to see it that way. Especially as it helps to give perspective to the relationship with other stuff around it.

I thought WDW - or maybe more specifically just MK - was a "no fly zone" I know I've see skywriters over by Animal Kingdom but I can't recall ever seeing an airplane or helicopter over MK.

Hey guys. Got a few minutes before my next set of meetings.

Let me Sum Up here:

Plaza Restaurant: We enjoyed this, the food wasn't anything to write home about, but the staff bent over backwards for Megan and her allergies (even so far as to get something from the Main Street Bakery for her dessert) and the Main Street Characters were there for the midday scene. That was fun and DW got chosen to be the "official" Main Street photographer for the Mayor.

WWII: My grandfather never fought in the war, but was part of the information services based in the interior of British Columbia (Canada). His brother was a pilot and never returned from the European theatre (he was considered a deserter until my grandfather got his name cleared by the Canadian Forces). As for DW's parents, they had it worse. DW's grandfather was conscripted into the German army (they were Austrian) and his family was held in the conscription camps for the entirety of the war. MIL still doesn't talk about this too much as she was pre-teen in the camps. DW's grandmother took care of MIL as well as her cousins in the camp and came out blind due to malnutrition. She eventually regained her sight, and they immigrated to the US around 1951 or so. FIL's family was also conscripted but I'm not sure how FIL avoided the camps or army. (he would have been about 12 or so) Lots of bad memories and they got out as soon as humanly possible afterwards.

The one positive memory MIL does share is from when they were released from the camps they were put up at a local convent where the nuns took care of everyone. Well, on the grounds there was an apple tree that the kids would sneak out and pick the fruit off the ground. One day a nun caught a group of them sneaking the rotted fruit and yelled to the kids, "Don't take that fruit!" Then she came over and helped the kids pick fresh apples from the tree saying "These are so much better for you". To this day every year we make sure to spend a day apple picking with MIL and FIL with their grandkids to share the "good fruit".

I thought WDW - or maybe more specifically just MK - was a "no fly zone" I know I've see skywriters over by Animal Kingdom but I can't recall ever seeing an airplane or helicopter over MK.

I've read that before, but while I'm not certain of whether it's actual, and if it is actual, if it's changed, but the last time I was there, I definitely saw planes overhead while I was standing in the MK. DL used to be considered a no fly zone as well, but that all changed in the last decade and smaller aircraft and helicopters fly over it a bunch.

And the beat goes on around here.

DW is at the doctor with The Bug right now, as The Bug came home from school with a fever. It feels like forever since everyone around here has been healthy.

We "have to" go.

Well, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

And THIS is for swiping my credit card number. And THIS is for using it a CVS instead of somewhere cool.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

WWII: My grandfather never fought in the war, but was part of the information services based in the interior of British Columbia (Canada). His brother was a pilot and never returned from the European theatre (he was considered a deserter until my grandfather got his name cleared by the Canadian Forces). As for DW's parents, they had it worse. DW's grandfather was conscripted into the German army (they were Austrian) and his family was held in the conscription camps for the entirety of the war. MIL still doesn't talk about this too much as she was pre-teen in the camps. DW's grandmother took care of MIL as well as her cousins in the camp and came out blind due to malnutrition. She eventually regained her sight, and they immigrated to the US around 1951 or so. FIL's family was also conscripted but I'm not sure how FIL avoided the camps or army. (he would have been about 12 or so) Lots of bad memories and they got out as soon as humanly possible afterwards.

The one positive memory MIL does share is from when they were released from the camps they were put up at a local convent where the nuns took care of everyone. Well, on the grounds there was an apple tree that the kids would sneak out and pick the fruit off the ground. One day a nun caught a group of them sneaking the rotted fruit and yelled to the kids, "Don't take that fruit!" Then she came over and helped the kids pick fresh apples from the tree saying "These are so much better for you". To this day every year we make sure to spend a day apple picking with MIL and FIL with their grandkids to share the "good fruit".

These stories are really cool.

What a great way to turn such a horrible time in their lives into something so much better. :thumbsup2

DW is at the doctor with The Bug right now, as The Bug came home from school with a fever. It feels like forever since everyone around here has been healthy.

Sooo...The Bug caught a bug?

+1 :thumbsup2 to me for making a "Barry joke" before Barry.

Hope she gets better!

Yuck. Well, better now than when spring comes and they can actually be outside playing.

Well, when you gotta go, you gotta go.
Except when Vader is about to tell Luke that he is his daddy. Then you gotta hold it.

Sooo...The Bug caught a bug?

+1 :thumbsup2 to me for making a "Barry joke" before Barry.

Nice job. I was to busy making the potty joke to Mark's comment.

I hope everyone feels better :thumbsup2

I thought Soarin was a fly over? You even get a front row seat for the fireworks!

I think I read that while the "Jesus" skywriter looks like they are over Animal Kingdom, technically, the plane isn't.

Sorry to hear it Aaron. Hope all feel better soon.

I am torn about going. I am not sure 3D is enough to get me. I have seen two 3D movies and was not impressed especially for the higher amount I had to pay.:

I have the old first three on VHS (4, 5, 6) before re-release. And, I have 1 on VHS. My plan is to let my dds watch all of them. But, I am not a 3D movie fan. I can take glasses on my face for 10 minutes, but not sure I could handle it for 2 hours. :3dglasses

:wave2:

Hi Aaron...thought you have been MIA for a while...did Fed approve this?

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter