DDC XIV - It's a trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're just on the regular dining plan, 1 TS 1QS 1 snack.

I plan on being a rope drop family this trip as well being that it's a peak-holiday week.

My thoughts were to use our snack credits for any breakfast foods on the days we don't use our TS for breakfast.

Might be worth it to get Garden Grocer then, to have some more breakfast type foods available (and even lunch)... My DD is a bit picky, so we usually get the specific foods she'll eat in the morning rather than chance it with what's available there...

Ummm... I just saw a butterfly fluttering along the sidewalk just a few moments ago :hippie::butterfly In January? :eek: Seriously?

Good morning dads :cool1:

Heading up to South Bend today and will drive right by the Golden Dome :thumbsup2

Saying a prayer that Steve gets tagged :thumbsup2

Talk to you guys later.

Morning Dave, or afternoon.

Hello fellow Disney Dads! I'm Matthew with a DD (7). Discovered DISboards while preparing for our first cruise a year ago on the Wonder through the Panama Canal. Discovered DIS Dads because one of the members of our next cruise (6/16/12 EC Fantasy) is a member. Normally I would never join a club that would have me as a member but for this group I would definitely make an exception! So, if it pleases the membership, sign me up!

Welcome. Dues are Dole Whip and bacon. Get busy shipping.

Okay, let's do this. Back a couple of summers ago, I joined up to the DIS in order to get some more info on a few things for my upcomming trip. While looking around the boards, I came across a link in a sig for a thread of DisDads, thought , , as always, I turn to Mater

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Cheers!:drinking1

Congrats.

I'll drink to that...heck I'd drink to just about anything....
Congrats...

Git 'er done.

NEed a reason to drink?

Anybody know about any of the work they're doing in the MK, other than the Fantasyland expansion? The Building housing the Bakery on Main Street, and a couple buildings in Frontierland we're hidden behind construction walls this week. Might just be some clean-up, but it seemed an odd time to do it with all the walls already up in Fantasyland. :confused3

Ummm... I just saw a butterfly fluttering along the sidewalk just a few moments ago :hippie::butterfly In January? :eek: Seriously?

Get the kids and the butterfly net,,,,take them out and show it to them,,,then you squat the stupid butterfly out of the air. Its obviously to stupid to realize its to early and will perish anyway. Kids need to understand these things! Lesson #72 in Dadding 101 complete!

Hmmmm... Southwest has dropped flight prices to Orlando.... $89 each way.... popcorn::

They haven't released the flights for my trip in August yet, but I checked Airtran.com and Frontierairlines.com. While plugging in my airports and dates on Frontier, I noticed under "Departing" it said "REQUIRED". Under "Returning" it said "OPTIONAL". :scratchin

Oh really.....:rolleyes1

(Never coming back from Orlando Ownage!)

They haven't released the flights for my trip in August yet, but I checked Airtran.com and Frontierairlines.com. While plugging in my airports and dates on Frontier, I noticed under "Departing" it said "REQUIRED". Under "Returning" it said "OPTIONAL". :scratchin

Oh really.....:rolleyes1

(Never coming back from Orlando Ownage!)

facebook_like_buton.png

Captain_Oblivious likes this.

Hmmmm... Southwest has dropped flight prices to Orlando.... $89 each way.... popcorn::

Oh Gentlemen, I am in a dangerous place.

Based on the above, I went and saw how much tickets would be for me. They don't fly out of Green Bay, but they do out of Milwaukee, and the prices were around $130 each way, not too shabby. So on a whim, I went to the WDW website, and did a quick pricing quote for trips out of Milwaukee. It would cost about $700 less to fly out of Milwaukee than it would be to fly out of GB!!! That led to further checking. Instead of a Value resort (which I figured I'd be forever doomed to use), I could get POR for $300 less than the GB flight to POP...and for the price of GB to Pop + $300, I could get a standard room at the AKL!! All for an extra 2 hours of driving each way!

Oh man, I'm starting to get the shakes here, fellahs. :goodvibes

TL

Anybody know about any of the work they're doing in the MK, other than the Fantasyland expansion? The Building housing the Bakery on Main Street, and a couple buildings in Frontierland we're hidden behind construction walls this week. Might just be some clean-up, but it seemed an odd time to do it with all the walls already up in Fantasyland. :confused3

Not sure what it was, but I noticed the frontierland walls when we were there... specifically at Pecos Bills. The bakery wasn't behind walls, but that was also the week they were filming the parade.

Based on the above, I went and saw how much tickets would be for me. They don't fly out of Green Bay, but they do out of Milwaukee, and the prices were around $130 each way, not too shabby. So on a whim, I went to the WDW website, and did a quick pricing quote for trips out of Milwaukee. It would cost about $700 less to fly out of Milwaukee than it would be to fly out of GB!!! That led to further checking. Instead of a Value resort (which I figured I'd be forever doomed to use), I could get POR for $300 less than the GB flight to POP...and for the price of GB to Pop + $300, I could get a standard room at the AKL!! All for an extra 2 hours of driving each way!

TL

I don't want to be an enabler, but it sure looks like things are coming together for you if you are wanting/needing to book a trip.

TL

I'd look, but I already know I'm not getting spousal approval, so what's the point? :sad1: :sad2:

Were you blowing up all those people because they walked by the entrance to IASW? :confused3:confused3
I figured it be one way to to get the crowd count down. It's the new TouringPlans make every day a 2 app.

It really seemed like there was a lot of work going on when we were there. Were the walls up around Dumbo during the race?

I don't want to be an enabler, but it sure looks like things are coming together for you if you are wanting/needing to book a trip.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to take our next trip until 2014.

I'd look, but I already know I'm not getting spousal approval, so what's the point? :sad1: :sad2:

Same here, I can already hear my wife saying that instead of upgrading to the upper level resorts, we could stay at the ASMu as usual, and safe that extra money for food/souveniers. :confused3

But I like putting that bug in her ear, because sometimes it starts festering, and if it does, then I win....

TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter