DDC XIV - It's a trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's do this. Back a couple of summers ago, I joined up to the DIS in order to get some more info on a few things for my upcomming trip. While looking around the boards, I came across a link in a sig for a thread of DisDads, thought , hmm, interesting, so I clicked the link and ended up in....a closed thread. :lmao: I didn't really think too much of it until later, post trip, when we were planning another trip. Once again, I found the thread, that was active, and it seemed pretty fun, so why not? I fit the criteria, and dove on in. I haven't had as much fun on a social-interaction board since the old OLD days of the BBS systems. Different people, different backgrounds, from all over, talking Disney, making jokes, and sharing their love of their kids. Perfect. I've never been a social butterfly, but it is a good feeling to have somewhere to go where I can let loose and have a little fun. I have appriciated the welcome I have gotten here, and hope I've never offended anyone with my jokes. I love getting perspective on being a dad from everyone here, inspiring me to be that much better to my kids. I love the fact I am not ridiculed for not knowing a damn thing about football here, hockey being the only sport I follow :lmao:

Lacking anything appropriate to quote here, as always, I turn to Mater

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Cheers!:drinking1

Great 1K post!! And we are glad you showed up for the party :thumbsup2 <= is a thumb

Was listening to the radio on the drive in to work this morning and I heard the strangest fact. Turns out, Virginia Beach, VA has been selected as the Best Run City in America! :woohoo:

Not sure if the result is skewed or what... but here is the report:

The Best and Worst Run Cities in America

Patrick, does your show get streamed?

Yep, both of them do. baycitiesonline.com Click on the stream banner.

Swap Shop is streamed on Hometown Radio from 10-11am Central time.
My afternoon shift on Hits 96 is streamed from Noon til 6pm Central. Hits 96 is a mix of 80's, 90's, and current pop music.

Careful about answering. Do you really want us calling the Swap Shop? :confused3

Couldn't be any worse than my regular callers! :lmao:

TL

Okay, let's do this. Back a couple of summers ago, I joined up to the DIS in order to get some more info on a few things for my upcomming trip. While looking around the boards, I came across a link in a sig for a thread of DisDads, thought , hmm, interesting, so I clicked the link and ended up in....a closed thread. :lmao: I didn't really think too much of it until later, post trip, when we were planning another trip. Once again, I found the thread, that was active, and it seemed pretty fun, so why not? I fit the criteria, and dove on in. I haven't had as much fun on a social-interaction board since the old OLD days of the BBS systems. Different people, different backgrounds, from all over, talking Disney, making jokes, and sharing their love of their kids. Perfect. I've never been a social butterfly, but it is a good feeling to have somewhere to go where I can let loose and have a little fun. I have appriciated the welcome I have gotten here, and hope I've never offended anyone with my jokes. I love getting perspective on being a dad from everyone here, inspiring me to be that much better to my kids. I love the fact I am not ridiculed for not knowing a damn thing about football here, hockey being the only sport I follow :lmao:

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Congratulations on the 1K mark and good morning gentlemen

I'm back from the race too. It looks likeI've got about 40 pages to catch up on. 39 miles is a really long way to run. I'll be working on a TR ( I still need to write one for DL too) but here are the high points.

1. It was neat getting to meet Paul before the full Marathon

2. If you want to run this weekend at Disney and only want to do a half marathon do the Marathon relay not the Donald race. The Marathon relay course is better and less crowded.

3. The renovated rooms at POR are great. We liked POR more than POFQ.

4. Dole whips are an ideal post race treat.

5. We went to beaches and cream to split a kitchen sink but were too tired to eat it and just got single scoop cones instead. Who knew you could be too tired to eat ice cream?

6. Using Disney's mobile web portal to book DRs was great.

7. We didn't use the dining plan but I saved all my receipts. In the end I think we ate more TS meals than the regular dining plan would have covered and we spend less than we would have on QSDP. I'll be doing the breakdown in my TR.

8. After visiting Fort Wilderness I think we are ready to start adding non park days to our trips. There is so much to do at Disney outside of the parks and we'd really like to experience that.

It’s that time once again!

Today I mark 12,000 posts.
Congrats Stopher. This is a great bunch of guys, but I'm disappointed in one thing....

Great post Stopher! :thumbsup2 It's been great getting to know you. And I don't think of you as #2.

...that it took someone 10 pages to hit the "number 2" joke. Good Job, Mark.

If anyone's looking for a place to crash in the Kansas City area, we've got a spare bedroom (I just need enough advance notice to get The Bug's stuff cleaned up out of there). It's about 1/2 hour from downtown.

Sweet. Cousin Eddy and I will be there tomorrow!

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Congrats on 1000!

Hello fellow Disney Dads! I'm Matthew with a DD (7). Discovered DISboards while preparing for our first cruise a year ago on the Wonder through the Panama Canal. Discovered DIS Dads because one of the members of our next cruise (6/16/12 EC Fantasy) is a member. Normally I would never join a club that would have me as a member but for this group I would definitely make an exception! So, if it pleases the membership, sign me up!

Welcome to the club!

Was listening to the radio on the drive in to work this morning and I heard the strangest fact. Turns out, Virginia Beach, VA has been selected as the Best Run City in America! :woohoo:

Congratulations! Milwaukee was just named the drunkest.

I'm back from the race too. It looks likeI've got about 40 pages to catch up on. 39 miles is a really long way to run. I'll be working on a TR ( I still need to write one for DL too) but here are the high points.

1. It was neat getting to meet Paul before the full Marathon

2. If you want to run this weekend at Disney and only want to do a half marathon do the Marathon relay not the Donald race. The Marathon relay course is better and less crowded.

4. Dole whips are an ideal post race treat.

5. We went to beaches and cream to split a kitchen sink but were too tired to eat it and just got single scoop cones instead. Who knew you could be too tired to eat ice cream?

6. Using Disney's mobile web portal to book DRs was great.

7. We didn't use the dining plan but I saved all my receipts. In the end I think we ate more TS meals than the regular dining plan would have covered and we spend less than we would have on QSDP. I'll be doing the breakdown in my TR.

8. After visiting Fort Wilderness I think we are ready to start adding non park days to our trips. There is so much to do at Disney outside of the parks and we'd really like to experience that.

Between the Rock and Roll Racing events and all the J+A races it does seem to have a strong running culture. And a lot of those runs do include beer.

Look at this imposter!! He was begging near central park..
He was dancing and when people would come to see the fake Mickey he would thrust the beggars bag at them!! That was the first time I wanted to punch a likeness!
DSC_0067_edited-1.jpg

FED!!!!! We have a mission for you if you choose to accept it! :mad: This jackwagon gives the true meaning to RAT BA$TARD!!!

Need some help on a podcast from any of you Dads that have golfed at the WDW. Email me plz!! prattpak at disdads.com

39 miles is pretty amazing. Once I'm inside the gates, I don't even want to drive that far.

POR rocks!

:eek:

Fort Wilderness is great, too. I love resort-hopping--we've done that a couple of times when we didn't have the budget to go in the parks. Did you find the lawnmower tree?

Congrats Stopher. This is a great bunch of guys, but I'm disappointed in one thing....

...that it took someone 10 pages to hit the "number 2" joke. Good Job, Mark.

Thanks, Barry. I guess everyone else is too sophisticated, but you can always count on me as the lowest common denominator. :thumbsup2

FED!!!!! We have a mission for you if you choose to accept it! :mad: This jackwagon gives the true meaning to RAT BA$TARD!!!

Speaking of Fed, I don't think I've seen him around since the Orange Bowl. Does anybody know if he's ok? :confused3

Ohh we were in the parks on Monday and so I took a couple pics of BTMRR. They were already ripping up sections of the track by mid morning. I wonder if the refurb will change the ride much?

Fort Wilderness is great, too. I love resort-hopping--we've done that a couple of times when we didn't have the budget to go in the parks. Did you find the lawnmower tree?

I didn't get find the lawnmower tree. We didn't have nearly enough time there. It was fighting the internal fight to stay and explore the resort or go to a park that day which made us realize we need to start giving ourselves non park days.

Also the chicken and waffles at Trails end is the bomb.

Now THAT's a milestone! :lmao:

__:drinking1____________:drinking1
:drinking1:drinking1_______:drinking1:drinking1
:drinking1__:drinking1____:drinking1_:drinking1
:drinking1____:drinking1:drinking1___:drinking1
:drinking1______:drinking1______:drinking1
:drinking1_________________:drinking1

Nice job, Don! January really is your slow time of year, isn't it?:thumbsup2

If I had to spend all winter in Wisconsin, I'd be drinking pretty heavily too. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::lmao:
I can't imagine Indiana being exactly tropical. Besides, when I get the urge, I can look out my window and see a hill.

Ohh we were in the parks on Monday and so I took a couple pics of BTMRR. They were already ripping up sections of the track by mid morning. I wonder if the refurb will change the ride much?
Yes, I would imagine ripping up the tracks would change the ride. It will end much more abruptly.

Nice job, Don! January really is your slow time of year, isn't it?:thumbsup2

I can't imagine Indiana being exactly tropical. Besides, when I get the urge, I can look out my window and see a hill.

Yes, I would imagine ripping up the tracks would change the ride. It will end much more abruptly.

:lmao::lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter