DDA Chapter 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I'm off to start laundry and find out where Chuck is. He wanted to find some pictures for the camper. He wants to "decorate" it so that it looks like it is ours. He has always been one for pictures on the walls. When he moved into the farmhouse (our last place before moving to Iron Mountain) a couple of weeks before the girls & I, he took pictures from a calendar and hung them on the walls.

Vicki. I checked out BJs and they are out of the misty mates. They've had them there for years, but suddenly they're gone :confused3 Elin the rubber mulch was gone too :confused3 I did remember to look, but I guess I'm not helpful after all.

Chris started working on the bumper of the camper. He needs to reinforce it to support the weight of the bicycles. Unfortunately his chop saw decided not to work so he didn't get far. He needs to get some brushes for the motor and rebuild it before he can cut the metal. Wouldn't you know it...I finally get him motivated and the equipment fails :cool2: We did make a list of things we need to do before we use it this year so now he can pick away at it. We have 8 weekends before our trip. 4 of those have Lacrosse games either on Saturday or Sunday which will take a bit out of those weekends. We also need to finish this house project. Suddenly 8 weeks doesn't sound like long at all.

I put the pins together that I bought months ago. I still need a lot more for the kids to trade. I guess I'll be watching ebay. I should print the Epcot passports and get those to staples for binding.

I guess I'd better do something.

Vicki. I checked out BJs and they are out of the misty mates. They've had them there for years, but suddenly they're gone :confused3 Elin the rubber mulch was gone too :confused3 I did remember to look, but I guess I'm not helpful after all.

Chris started working on the bumper of the camper. He needs to reinforce it to support the weight of the bicycles. Unfortunately his chop saw decided not to work so he didn't get far. He needs to get some brushes for the motor and rebuild it before he can cut the metal. Wouldn't you know it...I finally get him motivated and the equipment fails :cool2: We did make a list of things we need to do before we use it this year so now he can pick away at it. We have 8 weekends before our trip. 4 of those have Lacrosse games either on Saturday or Sunday which will take a bit out of those weekends. We also need to finish this house project. Suddenly 8 weeks doesn't sound like long at all.

I put the pins together that I bought months ago. I still need a lot more for the kids to trade. I guess I'll be watching ebay. I should print the Epcot passports and get those to staples for binding.

I guess I'd better do something.

Thanks for checking Deb. We may just have to buy them online. I think we are definitely going to get a couple of them.

I also have to get moving on our Disney stuff. I need to figure out what we have and what we need. I'm really starting to panic. Chuck thinks I'm worrying too much. He's probably right but I won't admit it to him (and that includes when he reads this while lurking!).

Thanks for looking, Deb. They had it here but only in black and on "sale" at $9 a bag vs. $2.50 for what I got... no problem settling for my shredded hardwood mulch!

I just went to oriental trading and ordered a bunch of stuff for the 4th of July. I needed things to decorate the golf cart and I bought the kids some fun things for the day. We will not do a park that day, but will be in the golf cart parade, go to the Richard Petty Driving Experience and end the day with the dessert fireworks cruise. I thought patriotic light up necklaces and bracelet would be fun :thumbsup2

I just went to oriental trading and ordered a bunch of stuff for the 4th of July. I needed things to decorate the golf cart and I bought the kids some fun things for the day. We will not do a park that day, but will be in the golf cart parade, go to the Richard Petty Driving Experience and end the day with the dessert fireworks cruise. I thought patriotic light up necklaces and bracelet would be fun :thumbsup2

I agree! And you just can't beat OTC's prices! :thumbsup2

Vicki...what day are you doing La Nouba?

I think I am going to go ahead and buy tickets...I keep going back and forth...

so im looking at airfare for my july trip..I am thinking about flying in on the 11th (friday night) landing around 10pm---does anyone know anywhere safe and relatively inexpensive that i can stay that night? my cuosin wouldnt be coming until about 2pm the next day

I bought the tickets...so I have officially added it on. Prices didn't seem that bad until I put in quantity of 5!

thanks everyone-
I just got home from the test--i think it went okay but i wont know for a month or so. The best part about the day was that the proctor was my 6th grade teacher! I talekd to her after the test and she asked how my brother was and what we were up to. Then she told me that she still remembers when I moved to the area and into her classroom in the middle of the year and she said she remembers a math project i did! she was so sweet

so im eating lunch and just relaxing..i dont functino well on 2 hours of sleep and i still feel horrible and have no voice..ugh!
:wizard: Good luck with the results!

I have also been dealing the last few days in trying to order a special Mother's Day surprise cake for my mom to be delivered to our room. Needless to say, it is not proving very easy, and I'm really disappointed that they don't seem to have a lot of creativity. You know it's there - they do all those great wedding cakes! And I'm not asking them to do it for a pittance, either - I'm willing to pay for a nice cake. We'll see what the latest call this afternoon produces.
Hope they were able to come up with something nice for you!

We managed to untap the entire orchard in about 2 hours
Sounds like a great day!

Which characters are generally at Cape May?
I know someone already told you but I wanted to say I really enjoyed the breakfast here. I don't remember seeing an omlet station which I do like but they had asparagus that was very yummy!

Please review and let me know what you think.
I tend to avoid the EMH PM hours so I can be at the park at opening. I have however had good luck with small lines (other the one to get your wristband) at MK EMH.

Do you want to hear something depressing? There is white stuff coming down outside!
:scared1:

th_PICT0019-2.jpg
WOW!:worship: Awesome cake! Molly is looking so much older.

Here are a few pictures from today:

th)IMG_2086.jpg

th_IMG_2095.jpg

th_1.jpg

th_IMG_2094.jpg
Wonderful photos! Congrats to Nicholas!

We saw them at Walmart, for literally $2 or $3. They take a AA battery and work wonderfully. I wish we would have bought more, but I wasn't sure they would work and/or get used. I'll try and find a picture, or find the fan so I can take one and you can see what you'd be looking for. For that price, you can't go wrong trying! :rotfl:

ETA: Here they are. They have O2-cool on the side (I guess a brand?) and have a little caribiner even to hook on...whatever!

Key-Chain-Misting-Fan.jpg
I have one of those. When Lizzy used it on her 7th birthday trip I was refilling it with water about every 2 minutes.:rotfl:

My washer works great! Means I have a great amount of work to do... :rotfl2:
Have fun!

i am still pissed about yesterday but i am thanking god that Olivia is taking this all in stride and still helping out. in a little bit i an calling the other lady i liked and have a heart to heart and see if she wants to do it. if not i have a number of an agency that called me and said they will help find an attendant. i will have a heart to heart with them too to see if they can help. i am also stressing a little over getting my new puppy. Lisa the puppy raiser i talk to emailed me about her pup and i so hope what happened to him doesn't happen to me. he was suppose to graduate yesterday but his partner and him didn't get along. i don't want that happening with me. i guess its just getting to me bc i want a new puppy and i an so stressed and frustrated and this year has just sucked. okay enough with me.
How frustrating! :wizard: Good luck finding someone!

Thanks for checking Deb. We may just have to buy them online. I think we are definitely going to get a couple of them.

I also have to get moving on our Disney stuff. I need to figure out what we have and what we need. I'm really starting to panic. Chuck thinks I'm worrying too much. He's probably right but I won't admit it to him (and that includes when he reads this while lurking!).
I need to go to BJ's this week-do you want me to check for you? I have seen them at Walgreens/CVS too but more expensive then the multipack at BJ's.

Sounds fun!

I think Emma might have a mild case of the chicken pox.:scared1: She had what looked like a few bug bites yesterday low on her belly. I took Joe with me early this morning to go outlet shopping. Emma must have complained to DH because her a bath when she woke up. A while after I got home I had Emma try on something I bought her and noticed she has spots on her shoulders and thighs too. I guess we'll have to take her to the doctor tomorrow and get it checked out. What I've read says she should be all better in about 1 week which would be the day before we're set to fly.:scared1: She had been vaccinated but didn't get the booster you get before Kindergarten yet.

On a more positive note....I did get all the buttonholes/buttons done. I still want to make the PJ pants for Halley but they only take about an hour. I'll post a photo of Emma's Pooh dress later.

I have made good progress on packing my box that I want to ship tomorrow. I can't find something I wanted to put in but I can always bring it in August so I'm not going to stress about it.

Joe is a great shopping buddy-he kept telling "Mommy this would look good on you". I brought back a pair of shorts that the zipper broke on at Eddie Bauer. They still had that style so I got a replacement pair and 2 t's, 2 polos and a blouse.

I also got new Saucony sneakers. I've been wearing the Hurricanes for years but the last version didn't fit they same and I was never really happy with them. The fit now is back to what it used to be so I'm very happy.

I haven't been to the outlets since last August and Nautica didn't complain when I returned a pair of shorts I had bought for DH that were huge on him. I had asked him if he needed anything and said he didn't need or want anything. I showed him some chinos I bought Joe and he said I could get him some pants for his birthday.:scared:

I got Lizzy a couple of pairs of pants at Children's Place for about $5. She's getting so tall that nothing fits. The nice thing about that outlet is I can make returns to the retail store.

I've got to go pack some more and work on laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter