DD wants to know if any 16 yr olds on 6/14/03 cruise?

trobert

Mouseketeer
My daughter wants to know if there will be any other 16 year olds on 6/14/03 eastern cruise? Let us know and they can email each other. I'll have an 18 year old son on board too!!!

Is it just us on this cruise??!!! Did you guys book with DU?? Any other cruisers out there for the 6/14/03 Eastern????

Hey Jobro2. It appears that we are the only ones. How are those koolers comin? I did not book my cruise through DU, but I will next time. Didn't know about DU until I started reading these boards!

Jodi and Trobro -

Don't forget about me. I'll be there too. But my daughters are 6 and 10 so they won't be in the teen area:)

Can't wait, cant' wait, can't wait:))))))))@!!!!!!

Jessicajulie

Hey jessicajulie...we can't wait either and the more the merrier. We're all kids at heart when it comes to Disney, wether you're 6 or 60!!!! Look forward to meeting you and your family. Well have a WONDERFUL time! What excursions do you plan on taking. I found another great board to check out excursions. It's cruisecritic.com or cruisecritics, one or the other. Anyway go to "boards" and then to "port" and see the threads left from all different cruises. Good info!

Hey guys! The conk coolers are coming along very well! I highly suggest you try them..put on a little Jimmy Buffet and it's ALMOST as if you are on the ship! (Just ignore the foot of snow outside your door if you're on the East Coast!) We plan on taking the Golden Eagle Catamaran (am trip) this time...from what I've read on the boards, it sounds like a blast. My ds will be 13, my dd will be turning 11 on the cruise...I'm 41 and dh is 49....Disney is the best, we'll have a blast!!

Trobert: I know where JessicaJulie's room is...where are you guys? We are in 6606..... Doing early dinner seating again...

hey jobro2 and jessica/julie, we will be in room 7574 and my sister and her family in 7572 and we have the late dining. I'm 44, DH45, DS18, DD16 (celebrating 16th on the cruise), sister (41), BIL 44, and niece 15.

jobro2 sounds like those konk koolers are hittin the spot. We didn't get as much snow as you did, but over the past 3 days we have had freezing drizzle, rain, sleet and snow. Made for hazardous driving conditions. We southern folks don't know how to handle this stuff--2 inches of snow and school is out! That jimmy buffet, konk koolers and a good sun lamp sounds pretty good! Will June ever get here????

Jobro2 and JessicaJulie, one more question! Are either one of you going to eat at Palos, if so when. We have never eaten there and would like to this trip. But we don't want to miss either one of the theme (Capt Gala, Tropical, etc) dinners. Any suggestions!

We did not eat dinner at Palos when we cruised in June 2001, but we did do the Brunch...It was WONDERFUL, and we will definately do the Brunch this upcoming trip...don't know about dinner...we kind of have made it "mandatory" that the kids and us eat dinners together, as during the day they are off doing their own things..and also hanging with us...I don't know which dinner I would be willing to give up for Palos...the first cruise, we didn't want to give up any for Palos, that's why we did the Brunch. Will have to do some thinking about that one, but definately the Brunch!! We're almost down to the 100 day mark!!!

Hi guys - I'll try to catch up-

We are myself, and by the way my name is Kristin, (turning 38 on the cruise, my DH (39), my DD (turning 10 on the cruise) and my DD(6).

We are in cabin 6048.

We have late dinner assignments right now but I keep waffling on trying to change them. My kids are night owls and we often eat dinner around 8:00 pm, plus we will be somewhat on Pacific time which is three hours behind. Also I have heard it is more relaxing and you aren't rushed to get back and dress for dinner espcially on port days. With that being said, I don't want to have cranky kids at 10:00 pm in the dining room and then have no time afterwards to go play:) What a delima (sigh).

We are definately going to Palo's but I am not sure what night. I don't want to miss anything. Formal night seems like fun to go to dinner as a family - so maybe semi formal night would be good (but with that said there are nights I don't want to miss such as the tropical one). I may have to wait until I get my seating assignment to decide for sure.

Shore excursions: the only one I know for sure that we are doing is the Dolphins and Stringsrays on St. Martin. Everything else is up in the air.

You know, my husband would think I am absolutely crazy for telling complete strangers all this stuff:) But you really don't seem like strangers to me:))))

Kristin

P.S. Jodi - could you e-mail me the conk cooler recipe. Thanks.

The dining time things is definately a dilema...on our first cruise the kids were 9 & 11 and we did the early seating...we are used to eating at 6 pm at home, so we were comfortable with that. I must admit though, that there were times that we did feel abit rushed to get ready for dinner. The nice thing was that eating dinner at 6 pm gave you time later in the evening to snack a bit! Also, my kids wanted to do certain activities in the clubs..some of which they would have missed if we ate later. But I can certainly understand you wanting to go for the later one..not being rushed is certainly a big plus!! That said, we decided again to do the early, even though the kids will be older...it really is what works best for your family..Keep in mind dinner will last 1 1/2 hours..either way, the food is wonderful and you will have a fantastic time!! I know what you mean about your DH thinking it is "odd" to talk to "strangers" on the computer..I met several people when we went in 2001 ahead of time on this board...we all wore green ribbons and we wandered around the port when we arrived and found our "DIS friends"...it is really nice to put faces to the people you "talk" with for so long!! Maybe we can arrange a place and time to meet for a drink!! Now it's time to start shopping for clothes!!! Kristen: I've e-mailed you the recipe! Enjoy!!! Jodi

Hey Jodi, Kristin--my name is Tammy and my husband's name is Bob and we have Chris (18) and Casey (16 on the cruise). We have late dining--it seemed to work well on the one and only other cruise we have taken so we decided to go with that again. My sister has just left all the arrangements up to me--whatever we do, count them in. I am really looking forward to this cruise (7 days) the one before was 3 nights/4 days back in 1999. This is to celebrate my son's high school graduation and other things. I guess that's a good excuse anyway. Part of it is a christmas gift from my parents too! I love to scrapbook and am ashamed to say I just finished the scrapbook from our 1999 trip only a few months ago. It's hard to find leisure time working fulltime and being involved in school stuff. Anyway, I am also looking forward to the pin trading/buying stuff. We want to do Palo's but the girls won't be able to come along and I feel bad, but we don't know which night to do it. I can't imagine getting the DS and Bob and BIL to dress up before lunch to do brunch but we'll see. I guess that's why I want this trip to be so great because it may be the last one we can all take together before our kids start going their separate ways or summer jobs, etc. This is probably much more than you wanted to hear but you seem like good people and ones that we will soon meet!!!!

Hi Tammy!
Don't worry about having to really "dress up" for Brunch at Palo..a sundress for you is fine, and some dockers/shirt for hubby is fine...don't miss the brunch though...it is well worth the extra $10. We told our kids that that was the only time we required they go to the club..so mom and dad could have lunch together. They ate lunch with the club and had no problems....Am glad we are all able to "meet" before the cruise. Sounds like you guys are excited as us about the trip...when are you coming in? We fly in the day before and will stay at the Radisson....Jodi

Jodi, we don't fly in until that morning. We are on a direct flight from Memphis, Tennessee, and I think we arrive in Orlanda a little before noon, so it may be 2:00 before we get there. Is that bad? I think that's the same time we got there a few years ago and my husband and son will found the huge shrimp at Topsiders!! They can hardly wait. Tammy

We will be there too. I have 2 daughters 13-17 yrs old. Their couisns will be there too girls 16-18. Glad to see other older teens onboard. They were worried about being the only ones. There will be appx 20 in our party celebrating n-laws 50th . :smooth: :smooth:

We will be there as well. Myself (David), DW (Ann), DD7 (Kathy) and DD5 (Kristen). Early seating, we will also try to get reservation at Palo. Staying the night before at Radisson. This is our first cruise, decided to celebrate our 10th anniversary (okay, so we got married in October, but didn't want to take both DD's out of school).

Kelly3Fan - 50th anniversary should be fun. Two years ago, we celebrated both my in-laws and my parents.

We are still working on excursions. We want to be sure to pick something DD's will enjoy.

Hey guys, don't forget to pre-book your excursions...we can do it now! We booked the Golden Eagle trip in St. Marteen...the morning one...also pre-booked the floats, snorkeling stuff for Castaway...it sure is nice to be able to do this ahead of time...you will find that many things sell out very quickly when you board, so deciding early really helps! Time to think about clothes! Not much longer!! Jodi

thegales...this is our first trip too...we are trying to pick our excursions now....only thing I am sure of ..the girls want to parasail and I want to swim with the dolphins.

jobro..we are beginning to pick our excursions...will book next week. And clothes...I have not even started to buy things and I have nothing to take...but its hard to buy when we are just now getting summer clothes. I think it will be a breeze when I finally do start buying.

Somehow spending the money to buy clothes for the trip seems SO easy for me!! Just bought "little black dress" at Penney's for Formal night..on sale for $39.99! Can't beat it! We are staying at the Radisson the night before also...we fly in from Baltimore and arrive in Orlando around 12:30...we love the pool there and the kids are looking forward to spending the afternoon swimming! Will you be taking the Radisson shuttle to the port in the am?? If so, make sure you make a ressie at the front desk as soon as you check in as it seemed to fill up quickly.The last time we went, we were on the first shuttle, which left around 10:15...we were waiting in the lobby...(we were so excited to get there..we must have been there 30 minutes early!), and the shuttle guy took us before our ressie time and we got there alittle after 10 am! The port was very empty, but we couldn't stand the excitement of NOT being there..heck, if you have to wait, why not wait there! We were one of the first in line to get onboard...make sure to do Palo's brunch! Not to be missed! Look forward to meeting you! Jodi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter