• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCR cabin request

Pluto_fan

DIS Veteran
Today I am doing my Single Digit Dance!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:party:

I am going to email a cabin request for our stay at Davy Crockett Ranch, but I'm not entirely sure what I want to ask for. We have booked a one-bedroom cabin. My top priority is to NOT get an nasty, moldy cabin! Some of the pictures I've seen have me a little nervous :scared1: Lower priority is a location near the pool/restuarant area--I believe Tomahawk and Coyote loops are the best location? And of course I'd love an upgrade to one of the new two-bedroom cabins, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

So...what do I write? I'm afraid if I put "requesting a non-moldy, non-nasty cabin" that wouldn't go over too well. :laughing: Is there a more polite way to ask for that? Am I better off putting just my top priority request, or should I ask for everything I'd really like and hope for the best? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks! :thumbsup2

LOL, go on I dare you!
I believe the refurbished cabins are the ones close to the facilities so it might not be that off the wall to ask for one near and you might be upgraded to those! Seriously, I think if they have space in the refurbished ones they are upgrading people to them, no point in having them empty.

I think you'll struggle to get upgraded to a new 2 bedroom cabin if you've only booked a 1 bedroom - they charge a premium for a 2 bedroom anyway, then a second "deluxe" premium for a refurbished one which means you're hoping for a jump from the cheapest cabin type to the most expensive.

As for getting a non-mouldy cabin - I'm not sure how you can do this, but I do know that if you have a genuine problem with the cabin then they will move you no problem (we had to do this once).

Personally, I would just request something near to the facilities and hope for the best :thumbsup2

I think you'll struggle to get upgraded to a new 2 bedroom cabin if you've only booked a 1 bedroom - they charge a premium for a 2 bedroom anyway, then a second "deluxe" premium for a refurbished one which means you're hoping for a jump from the cheapest cabin type to the most expensive.

As for getting a non-mouldy cabin - I'm not sure how you can do this, but I do know that if you have a genuine problem with the cabin then they will move you no problem (we had to do this once).

Personally, I would just request something near to the facilities and hope for the best :thumbsup2

I had only booked a 1 bed and we got upgraded to a premium cabin!! so it can be done!! :cool1: we booked one of the 55% off deals and you couldnt book anything more than a 1 bed on this deal.

I emailed a few days before (and every day till we went *** I never got a reply!) and it was really busy when we arrived but got the upgrade! dont know if it was luck or because I had emailed. no harm asking though!!

I requested tomahawk and just said it was my parents 1st time staying at a disney hotel (which was true) and would it be at all possible....didnt seem to be a problem.

hope this helps, if you want the addresses I emailed just let me know.

ps I stayed in a 1 bed cabin in sept and it was not at all mouldy! was fab!! not as fancy as the new ones obviously but great all the same!!

:)

should have said, as I checked in in the morning I asked if it was possible to get a 2 bed, was told it should be fine and when we then checked in later on thats when they said I had the 2 bed premium!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for your replies, everyone!
nl's mummy, I'd appreciate the email addresses you used.
I think I will just ask for a "new or recently remodeled cabin, preferably on Tomahawk or Coyote trails". Does that sound OK?

I'm so excited; I can't wait! :banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

I emailed guest communication for an upgrade on my last visit 2009 and this was done without a charge. I did mention that i had stayed with them on several occasions and prefered the fresher 2bed cabins. Only thing was we didnt find out that they had upgraded us until we got there

I have emailed them again for my next visit 24 march 2010 to ask for upgrade to the newer 2bed cabins. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup2

Update...I emailed DLP last Wednesday and politely asked if we could have a new or recently refurbished cabin, preferably close to the restaurant and pool area. On Thursday I received a reply that my request had been noted on my reservation. On Friday we checked in and found that we had been upgraded to a new 2-bedroom cabin on Tomahawk Trail! :cool1::banana: It was wonderful and we had a great time. :thumbsup2

Thank you DISers! I'm sure I wouldn't have even thought to ask, or known what to ask for, without your help. :disrocks:

That's great news, hope you had a good time-I'm sure you did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter