DCP Misdemeanor

St1tch1313

Earning My Ears
I am at a serious dilemma right now. It is my ultimate dream to go and work for Disney, to be accepted into the CP, but i think i may have a slight problem.

When my mom died back in 2011, i lost all hope for my life and made a stupid mistake by fighting a friend of mine that was leaving in the home with me. because we lived together in Texas they charged me and him a class A misdemeanor for assault family violence. Since then i went to extensive counselings, have gone back to school, have multiple upon multiple references, and have done everything under the sun to put it behind me and to being a real life. and also mind you this is the first and only time i have ever been in trouble.

What i am wondering is if it is even possible to be accepted (i have this fear of getting all the way there, even after explaining to them what happened, and being turned away). and if so can i be hired by them.

Any information would be appreciated.

I believe it is possible. I can't remember if it asks about misdemeanors or felonies. If the application does ask you have to be 100% honest. If you are not honest they will find out in the background check that is done on the first day and then you will get a notification that you can not continue Traditions. Their background check is pretty extensive including finger printing. The biggest thing is to be 100% honest. Show you have not gotten in trouble since and it would be best if you have a work history since then showing you were able to keep a job as well. They value honesty and even if something is minor (under age drinking violations) they treat it as serious if you try to hide it but are willing to look past it if you are honest.

I tried to look at the exact wording in the application but unfortunately the application is not currently up.

Also for clarification were you just charged with that or were you convicted as well? I imagine you had to have had a day in court over something like that.

Yes we were both convicted. and i do have an extensive work history as well as excellence in college. I figured that being honest about it all up front when asked would be the best route to go.

One of the biggest issues will be that it is a "violent crime". I imagine there is still a chance but it will be difficult for them to look over. However, if given the opportunity to explain yourself, make sure you are as honest and open as you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter