DCP Look?

PrincessMouseketeer

Earning My Ears
Probably a question that's been answered somewhere around here, but how strict is Disney about the "Disney look?" Basically, I'm thinking of getting second piercings in my earlobes; will it be okay as long as I agree to take them out? Or would it be better not to get them at all?

Disney Look isn't just strict, it's non-negotiable. If you have more than one set of holes in your ears, you're only allowed to wear one set of earrings in the lowest set of holes while in costume. (There's rules about the size and color of the earrings as well - a matched set in gold, silver, or a color matching your costume and they can be no larger than a quarter.)

You also wouldn't be allowed to wear those clear place-holder type things in the second set of holes, either. I don't know if holes closing up quickly is an issue with ears the way it is with facial piercings.

I wouldn't risk it, wait until the end of your program to get them done. I wanted to dye parts of my hair lighter before my program but I decided against it just to be safe, they are very strict and it's not really worth the hassle. Hope this helps x

You can get it if you don't think it will close up. Just can only have the one previously specified earing in. They will enforce it. you are more likely to get away with having a non approved style than you are to get away with having more than one. Easier just to follow the rules

DCP ... just wait. DD had 3 in each ear plus a small cart gauge.
She was planning long term at Disney so she let the gauge heal.
She wore her one pair she was allowed and the other holes (total of 4) were empty.
Of course the plan was to put them in between shifts.

What she found was that you are working so hard and often varied hours and tired or busy ....
The only time she added them back is if they were dressing up and going out.
Most the time she only had the two in.
BUT hers were long term holes, 8+ years, so she wasn't worried about them closing.

Just wait until after your program because it will be a hassle and they may close up.

Last edited:
As others have stated,the look is not negotiable and strictly enforced. Just wait is the best advice you'll get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter