DCL Transfers to WDW

dthogue

DIS Veteran
We would like to take the DCL transfer from the port to WDW, but I read on a recent navigator that we need to disembark by 8:15 and that the bus leaves at 9. Do they start running at 9 or do we need to be at the bus stop by 9? Is there more that one bus? I would like to have our last breakfast in the main dining room, but if we do that we won't be off by 8:15 - we have late seating. Any suggestions? Skip breakfast, have breakfast then head out to the bus or get a rental car???

Thanks,

We would like to take the DCL transfer from the port to WDW, but I read on a recent navigator that we need to disembark by 8:15 and that the bus leaves at 9. Do they start running at 9 or do we need to be at the bus stop by 9? Is there more that one bus? I would like to have our last breakfast in the main dining room, but if we do that we won't be off by 8:15 - we have late seating. Any suggestions? Skip breakfast, have breakfast then head out to the bus or get a rental car???

Thanks,

The busses to WDW start running at 9am and there are a bunch of them. Just have breakfast as planned and disembark when you're finished. You won't have any problems.

DCLDVC1 is correct. Just keep in mind they want everyone off the ship by 9:00 (out of the rooms by 8:00) and they really get insistent by about 9:30, so even with "late breakfast" you won't be far behind the 9:00 bus.

We are also taking Disney transfers from the port to DW. Can we take our luggage with us and stow it below the bus?

We are also taking Disney transfers from the port to DW. Can we take our luggage with us and stow it below the bus?
That's how it's done. You claim your bags in the terminal, once off the ship, and take it through customs yourself. Then hand it off to the driver of the bus when you get there. Once at your resort, you claim it again from the driver and hand it off to the porters at the resort (or take it yourself to check in).

I need to take the bus from the port to Saratoga. But I can't find it anywhere on the DCL site to reserve a spot on the bus. Do I have to make reservation in advance or I can just jump on it when I'm at the port?

I need to take the bus from the port to Saratoga. But I can't find it anywhere on the DCL site to reserve a spot on the bus. Do I have to make reservation in advance or I can just jump on it when I'm at the port?
If you've already made your DCL reservations, then you have to call DCL to add the transfers. Or you can add them once onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter