• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL transfers Intercontinental San Diego

I know it's luggage only & they walk you over.

About what time do they walk you over?
Not sure for this hotel, I used the walk over option in Vancouver for Alaska once and they walked us over around 11am.

I do just want to point out that the Intercontinental is literally across the street. If the transfer is because of wanting to not deal with the baggage, totally understand that. But in terms of cruise terminal to hotel distance, the only time I've been closer is the Pan Pacific in Vancouver - which is literally on top of the cruise terminal.

The Intercontental is at the corner of a a traffic light controlled intersection with a crosswalk. Baggage drop is right outside of the terminal. I will say my experience with San Diego terminal was not stellar. It's small, crowded and they have no place for people to line up or wait that is not outside in the elements. Debarkation was also long and slow - so much so they let people stay on the ship for hours while it worked itself out. The area around the San Diego terminal is a fun little getaway. Lots to do. Enjoy your pre-cruise stay.

Last edited:
I will say my experience with San Diego terminal was not stellar. It's small, crowded and they have no place for people to line up or wait that is not outside in the elements. Debarkation was also long and slow - so much so they let people stay on the ship for hours while it worked itself out.
After the WBPC we were on our way to the airport at 8:45 using a private car service.

After the WBPC we were on our way to the airport at 8:45 using a private car service.
That was about the same for us with getting in to an Uber to the airport to pickup the rental car. The longest part was the initial line while customs cleared the ship and then waiting for the elevator down once we were off. We pulled our own luggage as well.

That was about the same for us with getting in to an Uber to the airport to pickup the rental car. The longest part was the initial line while customs cleared the ship and then waiting for the elevator down once we were off. We pulled our own luggage as well.
Glad they seem to have resolved the issues from early this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter